3. Ishani's POV

I woke up remembering sweet kisses from Neil. Neil? My eyes popped open as I sat up. Woah! I felt nauseous and undressed. Okay I needed to recollect all that happened last night. I remember those lemon cocktails, the fight over the cigarette and kissing Neil. Hell! I was undressed.

There was a note on my ivory white side table along with two Disprin tablets and a glass of water. I hesitantly looked around and unfolded the note. "Ishani sometimes being drunk brings out our true feelings. Let's talk and finalise things. PS have the medicine you will feel better. PPS your door is locked open it before your mother goes crazy.
PS Wear some clothes."

I got up and ran to the bathroom and puked my guts out. With a throbbing headache I took a quick shower, dressed up, took the medicines and decided that Neil can explain how did we end up having sex.

I was shocked I decided to lose my virginity to my bff. Maybe I should lay off alcohol and I touched my face to feel the tears. I was crying. How could I let my judgement get this impaired? How will I face Neil? How will I trust myself again? I buried my head under my pale pink duvet.

I woke up a few hours later when maa entered the room clanging the Aarti plate with enough incense sticks to cause pollution, "which saas will allow you to sleep this late on Diwali," she asked. (Saas is mother in law in hindi)

"Morning maa" I got up and took the Aarti. "You look sick. Go down and eat some paranthas," mom said as she started cleaning the room. "Ishani this suit is new why is it on the floor?," she asked angrily. "Maa please let me clean my room," I was scared she might find out I had sex in this room. I saw as she still continued cleaning and was approaching my side table where the wrenched note from Neil lay, "maa I feel week. Please give me something to eat," I said in desperation. Feeding or stuffing our children is the proudest moment for Indian mothers. "Come beta I will make aloo paranthas and some ginger tea," she started heading out of my room. I quickly picked up the note and stuffed it into the drawer and headed downstairs.

I sat licking the butter from my fingers when maa announced, "Neil's mom is coming over to give us Diwali presents please go look a bit ready. We will go post Pooja in the evening." I felt horrible and meeting Neil was something I wished to avoid. "I have a headache maa can I sleep for a bit," I asked.

"Sure you can after our guests leave," she dismissed me.

I went upstairs and tided my room, opened the curtains to let in the cool October air, even though the room looked normal I felt uncomfortable looking at the bed.

I tied my hair into a tight fishtail and decided to wear my purple kurta with denims. I skipped all makeup and applied some kohl. I heard the bell ring and my parents welcome Neil's parents. Knowing maa would call me out I decided that pretending to be deep asleep was easier than facing Neil. I knew I had to face him one day but right now it was too early.

I heard my room door open and close softly as Neil whispered
"Hey, get up sleepyhead." My eyes shot open he was inches from my face. I pushed him away and sat up hugging myself. Neil seemed oblivious to my reaction as he kissed my forehead, "hangover? I hope you will not smoke again sweetheart."
Alarm bells started ringing, sweetheart, kiss? What's wrong with him. As Neil continued, "let's go for lunch tomorrow we need to talk."

Thank god he also wanted to clear the mess. Maybe he was also uncomfortable like me and I felt guilty for my behavior. "Sure. Let's not spoil Diwali. What did you get me?" I asked trying to act normal. We went down and I wished uncle, aunty, "happy Diwali."

"Arre! Come Ishani we were discussing our next Diwali will be so much better. Neil would be married and maybe you will also get engaged," Neil's mother was truly over dramatic.

Out if the corner of my eye I saw Neil smile as he picked up a samosa.

I have selected Kareena as Ishani and Varun Dhawan as my Neil.