32. Ishani's POV

Hey people the next couple of chapters are from Ishani's view point because I felt her story needs to be told.

"Peace I believe had different meanings to everyone. To a yogi it's about meditation, to a mother it's about a calm nights sleep, to a person who has been cheated it's about opening our eyes and admitting we were foolish." Andy started and somewhere in the middle I zoned out.

Soon I had a few too many Shezaadi's to know peace. I was sitting with Andy who was now drinking royal shots liberally.

He looked much like me; pretty on the surface, cracked beneath. We went for a smoke and were sitting on a corner stairs which said 'no smoking' it was late now and the clear skies had given ways to mist, the weather was foggy. We discussed how successful the party was.

"Ishani why do you look so lifeless?" His question shocked me and the next thing I knew my whole story was out and I was crying on Andy's shoulder who was trying to pacify me. We went towards the bar he had mentioned water. Andy was wiping my tears, "not here Ishani, you are stronger than this," I looked up and smiled. Suddenly someone drunk pushed me from the side. I feel face forward on Andy who caught me before I fell on the floor and embarrassed myself.

I hugged him to regain my balance when I heard, "she's mine you bastard" I looked around to see it was Neil who was about to punch Andy. "Neil! Stop. what's wrong with you?" I was shrieking in a weird voice. "This is my office party. Please let's take this outside". I held Andy's hand and could feel Neil's gaze burn my hand but I couldn't leave Andy to get punched.

Once outside I saw Neil who now sported a stubble and the look of someone who had not slept for days. Barring his clothes he looked like a mad man. He had hollows under his eyes. " Neil " "Ish" we both spoke at the same time and stopped. "Neil, Andy is a friend and a good one please will you understand this?"

"Andy that is Neil my soon to be exe mistake" These were the worst introductions but I needed to clear Neil's head. "Just a friend, unlike you I don't cheat." I added.

"Ish please do you think I can cheat?" Suddenly I heard a female voice, "did you find her Neil?" It was the voice which did not let my pain go away. I saw her red hair then her red top and I laughed. "Ohh and Andy this is my fiance's girl friend Rianna". This was the weirdest moment in my life. I turned and returned to the party and decided to down my sorrows or life into alcohol.

I was on my fifth shot when I looked up to see Neil. I felt numb, these shots were great I thought and picked up one more and finished it in one go without even flinching.

"Neiil" I slurred. "Ish let's go home," he said softly. "No thank you. You are one week too late. Get lost," I spoke slowly. I was beyond formulating words. Andy was no where to be seen so much for his shoulder to cry on. I missed Reet.

I got up and my balance was jacked. I held Neil's shoulder and went to Lata. "Lata drive me back." Lata hugged Neil and gave my car keys to him. The cold air got me to my senses, the drive home had me back to an almost normal. The moment we reached home I fished out my keys and without bothering my bye's I ran inside. I changed and fell on the bed.

The next morning was not the sanest day. My mother came knocking at some early hour. "Ishani Neil is back. Get up and get ready we are going for breakfast to his place. Both your father's have gone to old Delhi to get Chole Bhature for us all."

I pulled my covers over the head. This both fathers mothers thing was irritatingly overwhelming. "Mom I'm tired please you go naa".

"Ishani when will you understand your responsibilities? In a week's time the functions for your wedding start." I felt cold with dread and pushed the covers off to run to the loo and vomit. Classy!

I hopped in the shower and decided that Neil had to break this wedding. I couldn't marry him. I dressed in a pale blue sweater which had some pearls on the neckline along with pink denims and my vans. I carefully applied makeup to hide the redness on my skin. I called Andy who did not pick up. I called Reet who also did not pick. Finally I went downstairs and walked next-door to Singh's.

I'm on an uploading spree. Let me try and put one more today