Discipline

"Discipline is needed. In order for them to obey you, you need respect. Even if you have to force it. Once your respect is gone, you're never gonna earn it. And you're no longer a leader. And once it's threatened, do not hesitate, just use it."
"Use what, dad?"
His father held a black leather whip that frightened the hell out of him. He took him to the back yard where a woman was tied up on an old tree. She was crying and pleading his father mercy. Her cries pushed fear into his chest that he clung to his father's leg, "Dad she says she's sorry. Why don't we let her go this time"
His dad's angry eyes cut through him,"is that plead I'm hearing in your voice?" He pushed him to the ground hardly,"If you're going to be an Alpha you must not retreat because of someone's cries!"
His father kept hitting the fat woman in her thirties despite how much she begged. He hit her for an hour and the woman couldn't take it, she passed out. She was then left there till the morning. Her fault was that his father told her to prepare food at 1 but she was late half an hour. She was whipped because she was late to serve his guests. He wanted to be the Almighty Alpha. Tyler remembered how he stayed there against her till the morning crying for he couldn't do anything to help her. Her back was red with one cut that was bleeding.
His flashback and his reality coincided in front of him. The same tree. The same sunlight. The same noise of the crowd. The same man standing next to him. But this time he was the one holding the whip and The woman that was getting whipped was much beautiful and thinner and the most important fact that tore his heart piece by piece, she was silent. Ellen was silent. No cries. No pleads. There was a little wince from time to time, but nothing more. Her fists were contracted into boxes, and her back would arch sharply whenever he hit.
"Why don't you just admit it, spare us this waste of time and yourself this pain!"
And spare me this guilt. Tyler wanted to add.
He felt Eden's soft fingers running on his forearm. She whispered, "I've missed you. Give that to someone else and let's go upstairs."
Tyler shouted again,"Ellen! Stop being a stubborn!!"
Dexter mind linked him,"Alpha, could you please stop now. If you want we can consider it as a pause and.."
Tyler silenced him by putting much force into his hit that it made one horrible sound muting any other. The women hid their children's eyes, they themselves turned their faces or forced their eyes shut. Some even gasped in horror. Eden herself trembled next to him. And Ellen, for the first time panted pushing her head backward as the leather cut the layers of clothes and skin deep into her flesh.
He was angry. He was angry that Dexter was defending her. He was angry that she was stubborn to the extent that she bared the pain all that time. He wanted her to know that he was going easy on her. That if he wanted to hurt her he could. That if she doesn't do as he said, he'd hurt her more and more!!

But the scene of how bad her cut was hesitated him. He walked toward her. Her hair wet with her sweat. Her body shaking. Her legs not able to hold her, relaxed. Her face full of tears.
He leaned forward smelling the bitterness of her pain. "Ellen. Your back looks like hell. Why don't you stop resisting?"
Anyone would be kneeling by that moment. He'd be kissing his Alpha's shoes beginning his forgiveness. But his wife gritted her teeth and took a deep breath. She didn't want her pain to appear in her voice. She wanted to look as normal as possible.
Her voice came in short breaths.
"You don't want to believe that I'm innocent. You want this. Stop resisting it and trying to be the good one here. I did nothing, I.. You are free whether to believe and stop or believe and go on."
She knew he believed her. He had doubts but he wasn't sure. He was just using it to get his father's blessing and his Chance with Eden.
She could feel hot liquid running on her back. She winced when a breeze touched her wound making it stingy.
Her words were the fuel to his anger. It pushed his limits. "Oh you are going to submit. But you chose the hard way."
He hit her 4 more times. And again he cut her flesh deeply. She wasn't silent then. She wasn't loud even. But she reflected her pain in her breath and cries.
"I". Whip. "Am". Whip. "Your". Whip. "Alpha". Whip.
Every word he spoke scare reached the whole kingdom. Every whip he hit cut along her back.
"Submit, Ellen"
She heard some begging in his voice. He wanted her to stop him by submitting. He wanted her to do it just so he could stop. He didn't want to stop because of her cries or her injury. He didn't want to look weak in front of his pack. Weak! She wanted to scoff but she was hurting. He was thinking that whopping her like that was a strength.
"Ellen! You made your point. Now just say you're sorry and everything stops."
Ellen was still whimpering in her place. He knew she was hearing him. But she didn't wanna reply. "Don't do this."
He felt the plead in his own voice. He felt his throat going dry. He wanted her to save him this pain he was feeling in his chest.
"Why did you stop?" His father placed a hand on his shoulder.
He needed to swallow up to clear his voice. "I think she had enough. And I think I must.."
Dustin took the whip from him forcefully. "Enough is when she regrets her feelings. No regret no stop. Plus, I thought with those muscles of yours," he pointed with the handle to his biceps and forearms, "you'd get her to her knees in one whip."
Dustin took a step forward,"watch and learn, Alpha"
He was as if mocking him. He wanted to say something when he saw Dustin curving his arm. He wasn't aiming on her back. Tyler moved to return the whip to his hand when Dustin whipped.
Ellen's scream took his attention. He had never heard a louder scream. He looked frighteningly to Ellen's back. The whip had hugged Ellen's middle forming one clearly distinguished circular cut. Her flesh even curved out. The scene was an awful one.
He heard the voice of the lash cutting through the air as Dustin aimed another hit.
As if he pressed the slow motion button. Ellen pulled forcefully on the rope as a reflex to the sudden pain. Her left hand went free as the rope cut. The lash was by then halfway. He looked at it. It fell slowly and downward into the direction of Ellen's neck. Just right there.  
It froze him. Froze everyone. It even brought a cry to Eden's throat. His lash hit along her back tok. But it hit also next to her neck splashing blood on Dexter's shirt the one standing to her left. The blood was flooding watering the tree's stems. The women retreated to their house to get their children away from the scene with eyes full of tears and mouth covered with their palms. "Did he just kill her?"
Eden whispered in horror. He couldn't tell. He just saw a motionless Ellen in front of him. Tied up to the tree branches. Her back stripped in leaking wounds. And her neck pushing blood as a fountain. His eyes fell to the ground beneath her, it was red. Red like blood. He looked at the lash of his whip, it was wet, black with red shades. Red shades like blood. Blood. Blood. It kept ringing in his head. Then he turned to his left, Eden. Eden asked him if the man killed Ellen. Dis he kill her? Was Ellen dead? Dead? Dead. It replaced blood in his head and started jumping up and down driving him crazy. "What have You done?"
He uttered lowly as his eyes roamed over Ellen's state. He saw something blue on her neck. A shirt. He saw a hand. Dexter's. He took in the scene, Dexter had taken his shirt off and pressed hardly on Ellen's neck. Another man was there. Jacob. Jacob was holding Ellen's body in a hand and trying to cut the strains with the other. Dexter was cursing and asking the men to get Jim.
He heard someone leaving. He turned to see Dustin and his parents leaving the scene as if nothing happened. His fathers stopped by him, threw the whip next to him,"Get up. Alphas never lower their heads."
Seriously?! He felt effortless. He couldn't move an inch. He couldn't talk. So he chose to let it go. He returned his attention to the tree. To the female. To his wife. Once the rope was cut. Jacob fell to his knees at Ellen's sudden weight. She was in fact motionless.
Dexter's voice came loud,"Her breath is slowing. Where the hell is Jim!!"