New Era

She thought he wasn't going to accept the whole idea. She thought he chose to ignore it. She had lost the hope when the clock ticked announcing midnight. But then she heard a knock at the door. Her heart was pounding as Tyler's scent took a way to her nostrils. She closed her eyes and pretended sleep as the door opened slowly.
He stood for 10 minutes still. She didn't hear him moving she didn't smell him closer. And after that she was gone onto a deep sleep.

~*~

"Ellen"
Ellen felt a warm hand shaking her. She opened her eyes lazily. She was in a beautiful dream where Tyler was leaning in front of her bedside and waking her up. His scent was amazing just like in reality. His face beautiful. She smiled as his voice traveled through her auditory system,"Good morning"
Her mind interpreted it as the best voice she'd ever hear. She felt an involuntary force raising her palm up to his jaw. She's deprived from doing it in real life. In her dreams she can show her affection as much as she wanted. She caressed his semi-rough beard. It felt normal. She smiled.
'What are you doing?!'
Her wolf's unpleasant high tone shook her head. 'Take you hand back. Remember he isn't ours. How could you get that low!'
ellen looked to the surprised face of Tyler. She bit her lips. Ouch! It hurt. But that meant that her fears were true. She was in real life. She pushed herself back and sat. "Good morning" she replied avoiding his eyes as her cheeks went hot. She could swear they were red.
Tyler stood up as restless as her. "I thought we'd do the tour today?"
She nodded. "Then we must hurry because you invited the other packs to a part this night. Remember?"
He agreed before excusing himself. He needed to get away from her. It wasn't everyday that Ellen, his beautiful wife wakes in front of him with her lazy eyes, scattered hair and warm body. He headed to his office restlessly. He needed to check the last report of the rogues attacks. Last week's report wasn't pleasant. And if he stayed near his wife, God help him it's gonna be a disaster.
His Beta met him all along with the Delta. They weren't happy. Something wasn't right. They showed him a map and 4 pictures. "There was an attack last night. This was couple of miles to our south border." Explained Dexter.
That meant that it was close to Sebastian's territory. He looked up at Jacob,"Does Bash know about this?"
Jacob denied it.
"Then get him here"
As Jacob went to call Sebastian Dexter continued reporting. "Most importantly were these." Dexter placed the picture's to Tyler's field of view. There was lots of blood. He could tell from the redness of the soil and leaves. There were different body parts, hands, fingers, eyeballs, elbows.. They were scattered without a significant shape.
"What the..?!" Tyler growled lowly.
"The thing is" dexter felt nervous,"She is a human"
To that Tyler rose to his feet and looked angrily into Dexter's eyes.
Dexter continued."I suspect something. But I really can't make sure of it."
Tyler waited with a silent order of him to talk.
"Well.. I smelled Luna's scent. But I wasn't sure of it. It wasn't obvious. If I hadn't spent all that time with her I wouldn't have guessed."
Tyler was surprised. Ellen was so innocent. She wouldn't have done it. "Are you saying that it might be Ellen?"
Dexter huffed. "I wouldn't dare. She had proven to be the most caring person ever. It's either her wolf, or.."
He was cut by Tyler's palm. Tyler smelled Ellen. Was she eavesdropping? He used his wolf's hearing senses and Ellen's low voice said,"Follow me before he discovers that we are here. It won't be good for us"
Dexter heard it too. They shared a look. And before they could talk the door knocked.

~*~

Ellen was walking through the hall when she saw a women's frame leaning by the office's door.
She recognized her scent. Rosy never left her side. She could recognize her scent even if she stood hundred miles away. "Rosy? What are you doing?" She whispered enough for the maid to jump in fear.
Ellen sensed her fear. She also recognized the reason. Tyler was an Alpha. He had stronger senses. She huffed. "Follow me before he discovers that we are here. It won't be good for us"
The maid hesitated for a moment before submitting.
There was no time for her to discuss such matters with her maid. So she just dismissed her and waited for Tyler so they could do their tour.
She waited an hour before Jacob descended the stairs. Tyler was never late. He respected time. She stood to meet a plain face of the Beta. "The Alpha won't be able to attend this meeting. I'll go with you instead. Please, follow me."
Ellen stopped him. "Hey Jacob" she looked concerned. "Is he ok?"
Jacob nodded. "Yes." He wasn't planning to elaborate. He would never fall for her games of innocence again. He walked ahead of her and opened the door for the car. His Luna was silent. And she stayed like that till they reached the middle of the territory,"I'd like to visit the prisons only"
She said in a calm but ordering sound. He couldn't object. She was his Luna. It's true she was trying to revenge from his best friend and his Alpha. But she was still his Luna. He nodded and headed right toward the mountains.
'Change of plans. She wants to go up only.' Jacob reported to Tyler. And Tyler wasn't willing to object. He was blaming himself for the past weeks. He blamed himself for what he did to her. And then she just happened to be planning his misery. She fooled Dexter by telling him she was trying to protect him and she'd leave as soon as she did it. She wanted to come clean when everything changes. She was helping his pack members so when he's dead, they'd ask her to rule. And being the Luna she'd have the support of the Elders. Such a witch! 'Yeah whatever. Just make sure she's not doing something stupid. Stay by her side.'
"Hello your highness. What brings you here to this mess?" The guard bowed in front of them.
Ellen smiled,"I want to see how the prisoners are doing. Whether they need help or no. Stuff like that"
Ellen didn't miss the scoff Jacob did upon what she said. It seemed to her like he was mocking her. Was he angry with her?
She turned in the middle of their walk through the tunnel," Hey Jac, is everything ok? Cause you seem weird!"
He acted oblivious,"Yes."
She was about to turn not believing him a bit when he called her,"Oh, Luna. Could you please not call me Jac. I do prefer Jacob."
There was something definitely! Ellen nodded and turned to continue her tour.