37: Tickle fight

David-

I sat at my desk and looked out my window. Snow blew violently outside but I couldn't imagine how violent it could be where Lyra was. The ice in the glass of water in my hand crackled and clinked. I swirled it around and sighed. Waiting it out was harder than I thought.

The doorbell dinged and made me look up. Who would be out in this? I reluctantly got up and meandered to the door.

Hopefully it wasn't my neighbors checking on me again or my coworkers. I opened the door and was surprised to see none other than Alexandra. The neutral look on my face dropped to a scowl.

She stood there in her overpriced fur coat with the hood up. Her eyes looked up at me pleadingly and her bright red lips tipped upwards into a hesitant smile.

"What?" I asked gruffly.

"David, I think we should talk," she said softly.

I sighed in annoyance and stood aside to let her in. Although, I don't think the cold would bother her much considering her heart was much colder than it was outside.

"Talk about what?" I shut the door and turned to look at her.

She shrugged her coat off and hung it on a chair, "I want to apologize for our fight."

"Alright, apology considered," I leaned against the fridge and crossed my arms over my chest.

She sighed and sat down in a chair, crossing her legs and threading her fingers together over her knee, "I believe a divorce is too messy for a time right now. We need to focus on Lyra right now and maybe you're right. Maybe she is alive and survived the crash."

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at her, "Two weeks ago, you were convince she was dead."

"I've had a lot of time to think about it," she smiled softly at me.

My scowl stayed stone, "What do you want Alexandra?"

"To come home and help. I miss being here and you are my husband so I will help you try to find Lyra. Please, think about it at least? I'm sorry I doubted her and what you said," she stood and walked over to me.

I looked around the kitchen, the dishes in the sink, the un-mopped floor and then my reflection. I looked pretty scruffy myself. If she was here then she would take care of things and I wouldn't have to do much at all.

I could ditch her after we found Lyra.

"Alright Alexandra. You can come back. We resume the rescue mission in the spring when the snow is clear," I said before going back to my office, not even acknowledging her thank you.

------------

Nathan-

"Let it goooooo! Let it gooo! Can't hold it back anymooooree!!!" Lyra shouted as another snowball hit my chest.

"Hey! No fair!" I laughed and dove behind a tree.

Two more snowballs exploded off the bark, "YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE!!"

I bent, wadding up some snow into a ball and looked out from behind the tree. Nothing, there was no one out here. Only foot prints.

"What?" I muttered in confusion and stepped out from behind the tree to look around.

"Raaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!"

Something plowed into my back and took me to the snow. I grunted and looked around, shaking the snow out of my face.

The weight on my back sat there, giggling her ass off, "I got you!"

I rolled over and planted her in the snow. She made a 'oomph' noise and giggled again. I grabbed her wrists and and held them over her head in the snow so she couldn't wriggle away and ambush me again.