Chapter 23

3rd Person's POV

Maya was shocked, to say the least. She thought that Austral was dead, but, here she was, standing right in front of her.

Maya did take a liking to Austral and her siblings, and grew close to them, then she realized she could use them, until, Austral's shifting came. After Austral shifted into a Golden Wolf, she knew that outside of the castle walls was the pack of Rogues under her command, knowing exactly what Austin would do (Alpha Alekso's First name).

Maya gave off too many signals, that was her mistake once the time came, Austin wanted to make sure that at least one of his children would be safe, but he knew that Maria would take care of Lee. But he didn't realize that Maria was under Maya's spell.

Maya has a gift for manipulation, she will make you think differently about a certain situation and made Maria believe that Austral was dead, and that the people who did it, was Austral's Mate, Alpha Laurence (Yes I know I keep messing his name up but there is so many different spellings for the name!), and Luna Elise.

The Royal Guard, that was a different story, so what did Maya do? She killed off the original Royal Guard and replace them with Rogue Shape Shifters. Hence why they were so dormant to following orders.

And now here we are, watching the scene in front of us unravel, the reveal of Austral, alive and well, was a shock to Aiden and made his wolf jump around in happiness, but, then how did he get his second chance mate, Lilac?

Austral's POV

"I will explain all of this later to you guys, but first, get out of here, and please, take my little brother with you, I don't want him to be in the middle of the cross fire." I told him, getting rid of the rest of the chains on the others, my gold eyes making their way to Lee's who stared up at me in hopeful eyes, I felt pride, pride for him that he kept on going for this long, he was so brave, but I'm sorry for not ever being able to see him grow up, but, I will make sure to make up my time for him. Maya roared in anguish, getting rid of the moonflower that she had hidden in her bra and throwing it to the side.

She launched towards me, hands a blazing with fire and lightning, I knew that she was a higher Vera than me, but I had to try to defeat her, I needed to make things right between me and the people that I care about and love. Lee ran towards Elise who grabbed him by his wrist and ran away with him, hopefully finding a safe place to hide. That is what I saw from the corner of my eye anyway.

I set up a barrier around myself, my hood being flailed off from the strong gust of wind, my golden blonde hair being flailed around my face. I stopped suppressing myself, for all of those years, I suppressed my powers, but, today, I'm letting everything go.

'Alright Sandy, time to let it go.'

'Gotcha.' I took a deep breath and screamed, breaking the fourth wall, having everyone who was still around us, cover their ears. Maya stopped her attack from the sound, giving me a chance to counterattack. I moved a boulder from behind her, that used to be part of the floor, and threw it at her, of course she dodged it, and it headed straight towards Maria, just my luck. I stopped it before it hurt, and threw it upwards, towards where Maya was at.

This is going to be a long fight.

To Be continued