Chapter 13: Losing Family Either Way

Raziel's voice spoke then, at first she thought it was in her head until she heard all the gasps in the room, she turned to look at a bright light, and angel Raziel wearing golden armour from head to toe as if he just came from a war, his wings spread out, his wings were the same as his sisters but more golden, half of his wings were white the rest gold, it was alternate colour.

"Alessandra, if you want to protect the ones you love the most then we should get going, you are growing as we speak, it will be dangerous if you train your powers on this plain," Raziel explained.

"By the angel...Raziel." Maryse muttered astonished by what she was seeing.

Raziel's head snapped to look at Maryse, "Maryse Lightwood, the way you have been disowning my niece is quite concerning to me considering you have my blood running through your veins, my niece has more blood within her and yet you treat her like she is a demon. I have every right to strip you of my powers."

Maryse's eyes grew wide with shock and fear, she wouldn't know what she would be if her runes got stripped it was all that she knew, luckily Alessandra spoke up, "It is ok Raziel, please don't shame her, she is my brothers adopted mother, I have no idea what would become of Jace if she wasn't there for him."

"It's uncle Raziel to you, Alessandra, now come on, we best go, say goodbye to everyone." Raziel ordered, waiting to leave, he didn't like being on this plain for too long.

"I cannot just leave, they will not remember me, I'll come back and they won't...won't even recognise me." Alice replied getting emotional, everyone she knew was in this room, there wasn't many but it was everyone she cared for in this world.

"Sacrifice is everything child, if you truly care for everyone around you then it should be an easy choice for you to come with me." Raziel was watching her through narrow eyes. "I am trusting you to do the right thing here Alessandra, you have a duty to this world, the same one as your mother and me. It is your duty to kill this rogue Shadowhunter, if he claims you whilst you are unstable it will not be good, for any of us."

"Just...just let me take the memories of Jace and my father, then I can give it back when I come back, then they will be safe." Alice was pleading, all she wanted was someone to remember her when she got back.

"Alessandra that will affect your training, it will give you a weakness." Raziel gave her a look that sent chills down her spine.

"No, it will give me strength, I will remember everything that I am fighting for, if I know that I am coming back to nothing then why will I train? Why would I even want to? No one will remember me, it will be like coming back to a foreign place with no one." She was arguing with Raziel, but he was very graceful as he tilted his head.

"You have the memories of someone in your mind looking at your hand." Raziel replied, Alice automatically looked at the back of her hand. "Which means you can only take one more persons' memory, you have a decision to make."

Alessandra automatically turned to look at Jace, who was looking at her with eyes of sadness. "Alice...do you really have to go? You can stay here and control your powers here."

Alice shook her head, "You heard my uncle, I am unpredictable at the moment, I do not want to hurt anyone of you, if that means I have to leave once more then so be it, I will be back, I will be able to protect you all from Valentine." She walked over to Jace and took his hands, "You mean everything to me, you are my family, I will not let anything happen to you, I will watch over you dear brother."

"I just got to know you though, how strong you are, my sister, I love you, I will miss you like crazy." Jace said softly brushing her hair out of her face.