Chapter 30: Breaking Bonds

Magnus picked up Alice and stripped the bloody bed sheets before laying her carefully back on the bed. Magnus strokes her cheek gently with the back of his hand. "I will be right back Alice, stay with me ok? I will be back before you know it."

He runs to his room, pushing his door open, the door slamming against the wall, he runs in grabbing his medicine bag before making his way back to Alice's room. He was running so fast that he skids passed her door before turning back and walks to the bed, checking her pulse again, still weak. "Good, you're fighting. I knew you would. You never let us down so why would you start now?" he spoke though he was comforting himself more than trying to comfort her. He pulls his mixing bowl out, looking through his ingredients, he couldn't think straight.

"Come on, come on, there must be something that will neutralise demon blood." He looks at the still state of Alice. "She would know what to do, she knows everything, she so smart and mature, I cannot lose her, not yet. Just think about what I have seen around Alice. She has taught me so much about this world, stuff I should already know." He thought aloud

That was when he heard her faint voice in his head. A-acid...demon blood is...acid.

Magnus smiles "I knew you were listening, you always are listening to me, I knew you would know what to do, that means I just need an alkali to neutralize it. Alice you are a genius" he looks through his medicine, mixing alkali with healing herbs, spinning back around to see Alice somehow watching him. "Scale...it up...for me." She forces a weak smile.

They always done this whenever she was awake, so she could be ready for anything, it couldn't be much worse than how she felt already, her whole body was burning as the acid burnt through her veins, she didn't know how but when she answered Magnus through the bond she found the strength to open her eyes. She had to show Magnus that she was fighting that she was doing everything possible to stay alive, he needed to know that, so he would know that she didn't have a suicide mission.

Magnus's eyes widened in surprise. He smiled a little though, he knew she couldn't speak too much as she was fighting the acid in her body so he answered her question. "150 out of 100. Alice the acid and the alkali will fight and react in your body for a while before they mix and neutralize."

Alice just nods weakly, "Lets...get it...over with."

Magnus pours his mixture in her open wound, her eyes wide as agonising pain ran through the whole of her body but not a single sound of pain left her lips. She didn't want Magnus thinking she was weak so she kept the screams in.

Magnus saw the pain in her eyes and gently moved her hair out of her face. "You can be in pain; it helps to let it out. We all know what it's like to be in pain from a stupid demon." Alice just shook her head too afraid to speak, it wouldn't just be Magnus hearing her screams it would be everyone in the institute including the lightwoods which she couldn't allow. She couldn't allow Alec know how much he hurt her.

Raziel appeared in the room he looked tired, drained and defeated, well to Alice, to Magnus he looked the same proud, head strong angel as he always did.

Raziel walked to Alice's bedside, "Alice, he has betrayed you one too many times, but you let him do this? You didn't summon any blade." Raziel spoke factually which of course was all true.

Alice looked at him communicating the only way she could without screaming in pain, I thought he had a training blade not a one that had demon blood in it, I don't even know how he had one, I never gave him one. Not even when I...mother. She looked down tears streaming down her face now from both pain physically and emotionally.