Chapter 22: In Her Shoes

Jace had summoned the people in trusted the most to the institute greenhouse garden. The people he had summoned were Clary, Magnus, Isabelle and he reluctantly summoned Alec too, if Alice said he could trust Alec he would try to. As soon as Alec entered the garden Jace looked at him, "You screw this up and I will never speak to you again, I do not care if we are bonded together."

"Why did you ask me here if you don't trust me Jace?" Alec questioned, looking hurt that he lost his best friends confidence.

"Alice still trusts you with my life though I have no clue why, plus the more people the better." Jace explains then walked back to the circle of people.

"Wait? Alice knows I turned her over?" Alec asked guiltily and fearfully. He didn't just fear Alice but he feared her uncle. The angel Raziel, he already warned Alec about hurting Alice before.

"Yes, she knows, she also said she understands why you did it, you did it to protect me which is the only reason you are here, to protect me whilst I do this." Jace spoke to him with hatred in his tone.

He looks around to see who Jace had summoned, "Why is Clary here? She will not be able to protect you."

Jace glared daggers at his parabatai, "I called her here because I trust her, and Alice told her mother that I will keep her safe, since I will be in a trance it will be to all of you to keep her safe, if any of you let me down, and make my sister become a liar." He shakes his head, "I do not know what I will do, keep Clary safe and keep me safe, it's not that hard is it?" Jace looks around to his friends.

Magnus walks to the door, "I will put a ward up, it'll warn us about anything being near, whether it be your parents or demons."

Isabelle nodded, "Sounds like a good idea but Jace you sure you want to do this? It may not be a good thing for you to see, especially since it is your sister, you do not know what you will see."

"I am the only one that can do this Izzy, Alice is trusting me with this, she knows that I can do this or she wouldn't have asked it of me, if Alice is strong enough to endure whatever she is going through then I can watch, she told me that she took the pain out of it, which means I won't feel any pain that she is in." Jace looks down at the necklace that was in his hand, he was unsure on what he was going to see but he would do anything to save his sister.

"How come everyone knows what is going on except for me?" Alec questions angrily, he should have been the first to know about this.

"Well if you were by my side instead of hiding you would know it all, Alice left the necklace she made, inside is the ability to see through her eyes, I am hoping I will know where she is from seeing where she is." Jace looked at Alec, then spoke to the room, "We already know that she is extremely weak right now, I am guessing you will be able to hear me speak, though it will not be speaking it will probably be Alice speaking to whoever she is with, it maybe Jocelyn or maybe Valentine or one of his filthy men."

"And how do you do this exactly?" Alec asked folding his arms.

Jace turned to look at Clary, holding his hand out, Clary walked towards him, she drew out a dagger, a cut along the palm of his hand. "What the...?" Alec started, but then he realised what he was going on as Jace move his hand into a fist and let the blood trickle down his hand and land on the necklace, which caused the wings to unfold. Clary put the dagger back in her pocket then pulls a bandage out and wrapped it around his hand.

Jace looked at Clary, who looked back, "You can do this Jace, I know you can." He nodded and looked into the necklace, he didn't feel like anything was happening until he felt cool stone underneath him.