||32||The New Proposal

LAKSH'S POV

I clenched my fist in anger as bro hung up on me. How could he do that to me? Where did our bromance go? I was huffing with anger on Ragini, who left me here in the middle of the street. A few lights were shining from the street lights while I noticed that I was standing on a highway with no other vehicle. That was strange, I could stand here and hope that people show up or I could leave my car and walk back to bro's office.

As I was trying to figure out what the hell to do, I saw light flashing from around the corner and a car steering towards me. A smirk grew on my face when I saw Ragini step down from the car and wave of relief washed over me.

"Before you light up your candle of hopes, I am not here to apologize or help you," she said curtly and leaned towards her car with her hands crossed on her chest.

"Why are you here then?" I asked grumpily as my smirk faded and went to her.

"I left this behind," she said flatly as she opened the door to my car and grabbed her wallet from there.

How the hell is her wallet in my car, I glanced at her with suspicion as she jerked open the car door.

"You are not even a little bit guilty for not helping me," I asked with annoyance as I watched her buckle up.

"I am, very much, she replied in a gentle tone with dancing eyes.

"I must be insane to believe you," I muttered sarcastically as she rolled down her window frame.

"I completely second that," she mocked with a dark smirk on her face.

I looked at her chocolate eyes, her brown locks running through her shoulders and her angelic beauty in her face. Who knew that such a sweet little lady is truly an evil witch. I frowned at my own thoughts and smirked with an idea sparked into me.

"You said you knew how to fix clutches right?" I questioned with a raised eyebrow in a persistent tone.

"Yeah," she responded hesitantly as she looked at me curiously to continue.

"Did you forget it now which is why you are trying to avoid helping me so that you don't embarrass yourself," I snorted at her.

"Oh puh-lease, I am Ragini, I know everything," she declared with pride and glory in her eyes as she stepped out of the car, just like I expected her to.

"Oh really?" I questioned her ability which made her furious and she marched up to me at that very instant.

"Let me see what happened," she mumbled as I stepped her aside to let her see what was wrong.

"I have tools in my car," she shortly declared and got out a few tools from her car and did something to my clutch.

She did something quick for 4 minutes and 50 seconds, yes I was counting each second...I don't know why though. Anyways, she finished it and stood up with satisfaction.

"Good as new, should work now," she told me with satisfaction of accomplishment in her voice. I nodded at her silently and slipped into the driving seat and the sound was now gone.

"So?" She asked in a taunting tone than an inquiring one.

"I don't know so soon, so why don't we go for a long drive to test it out," I sneered at her with a smirk while I saw her stiffen a little by my words.

"Flirting with me?" She questioned me with shock as she stared at me flatly.

"I have been since the first day, you were the one late to realize," I said in flirty tone with a light laugh.