||55|| Prank or not?

RAGINI'S POV

"Ragini!" I heard faint voices ringing in the back of my head, prompting me to wake up. As I began to rise from my deep slumber, my hand came into contact with the soft, cozy comforter causing me to settle back into my slumber.

As the world around me dwelled back into pitch black, I felt a cold liquid hit my chest causing me to jolt up abruptly. I let out a loud shriek before rubbing my eyes to spot Swara rubbing her forehead, Sanskaar smacking the back of Laksh's head and my new prey, Laksh smirking as he held up a bucket.

Without thinking twice, I lunged towards me feet yelling, "I am going to kill you and feed your bones to the vultures in South America. Did you hear that , you-"

"Shut up! Everyone is fast asleep," Swara hissed at me as Sanskaar pulled me back while Laksh stared incredulously at my violence.

"Is this honestly necessary for all of you to wake me up?" I asked immensely frustrated, to the extent that I badly wanted to pull my hair for their stupidity.

"We have a serious problem here," Sanskaar cleared his throat as the serious silence penetrated through the room.

"That is?" I enquired as I wrapped my comforter around me, throwing death glares at Laksh.

"You have brain tumor," Sanskaar declared loudly while Swara smacked his arm.

"That was not what you were supposed to say," Swara and Laksh burst at him in unison.

"Ragini, we think you have brain tumor," Swara mumbled hoarsely, the bloodshed eyes making it visible that she was crying previous to all this.

"That is such a big difference from what I said," Sanskaar retorted like a child.

I did not know whether that made the situation less intense or more comical. This sounded one hundred percent like a prank and I was not going to fall for it.

"Yeah right and Swara has alzheimer's," I countered sarcastically while their expressions changed from sadness to confusion to frustration.

"Ragini, this is real. Here are the reports," Swara thrusted the reports into my hands, forcing me to open them.

I began scanning through these medical documents where it was clearly shown, with x-rays of my brain, that I had severe brain tumor.

"Where did you find these?" I asked them bewildered.

"At our doorstep," Laksh remarked, running a hand through his hair.

This was such a joke.

"Are you kidding me? Couldn't you come up with a better excuse."

"This is not a joke, Ragini," Sana sternly replied.

"Oh really? Then why on Earth would these reports randomly sit on your doorstep?" I tapped my foot impatiently, waiting for an explanation.

"Let's take her to the doctor and just confirm it," Laksh intervened in between and glanced at the time.

I looked at all of them amused at the exaggeration of this prank. Will they actually take me to a doctor right now?

~~~~~~~~

RAGINI's POV

And they did, before I knew it, I was standing in front of the city hospital. Swara rubbing my hand apologetically, Sanskaar beside her was ranting away on the phone for an appointment. Why am I even here when we have no appointment? Laksh was parking the car while Nita was grinning widely beside me. The poor girl was probably assuming the prank to be reality, she was probably thinking that I was going to die soon and she could have Laksh all to herself.