Chapter 26

I head downstairs to get a glass of water and some food for me and Lily. I spot James sitting on the sofa, flicking through a book on beasts and other creatures. I bite my lip, debating whether I should try and talk to him for Lily, or if I just shouldn't bother.

He looks over at me and so I take the fact that he doesn't insult me as a sign to talk to him.

What's up with you and Lily? I write.

"Nothing. She hates me, I love her."

Love?

This is quite surprising, I thought it was just a crush, and sometimes something to irritate her with. But apparently he loves her.

"Yes. You might think that it's all a big joke, that I'm just trying to fuel your hate for me, but I really do love her. Everything she does is just, incredible. She's funny, smart, fiery, what's there not to like?"

I smile down at him. You want her to love you?

"More than anything else in the world."

Ok, so you know at the Yule ball?

"Yes." He frowns, starting to get a bit fidgety and shifty.

You were kind, attentive, paying her complements. Weren't you? Well you have to keep doing that, and be serious about it. Don't call her hot, call her beautiful, ask her what she wants to do, offer to help with the smallest things. Hold doors open for her, pass her things to make life easier for her. Stuff like that.

He nods, beginning to understand where I'm coming from. "I understand now."

Good, just follow what I said, and she'll act nicer and nicer towards you, and if she's not, then that's her fault.

He smiles at me. He actually, genuinely smiles at me. It's not filled with malice or hatred, he's not just doing it to spark my fury, he looks happy and pleased.

"Thanks."

Someone could knock me over with a feather I'm so shocked. I never actually thought that he would take my advice on board. I thought he'd reject it as something an unlovable person would say.

I smile at him and take the food back upstairs to where Lily waits for me. I hear talking as soon as I reach my bedroom door and carefully listen out for anything involving me, or anything that I can use for or against someone, I'm evil like that.

"He has feelings for her?" That's definitely Lily's voice.

"I think so. I mainly thinks he's trying to hide it for our sake, you know how we all kinda hated her." It's a boy's voice, obviously not Fabian or Gideon. James was just downstairs so it's not him. That basically only leaves Sirius.

"She definitely likes him but doesn't want to admit it." Lily says, making me frown at her through the door. "So you're in?"

"I'm in."

I'm not one of those girls who listens to people talking and automatically assumes it's about them. Neither am I one of those naive girls who when a boy, who's been flirting with her for ages and they're really close, says that he loves someone, runs off in tears because she thinks it's not her. Why wouldn't it be her if he talks to no one else, has been flirting with you, and you've spent most of your time together.

I know they're talking about getting me and Remus together. She's trying to get Sirius in on it with her which is irritating.

The door suddenly opens and I fall forwards into the room. I lie on my back and look up at them as they stand over me.

"Were you eavesdropping?" Lily says, narrowing her eyes suspiciously at me.

Were you two plotting about me and Lupin?

"Yes. I plan on winning. You know what I'm like." She grins. "I really don't like failing."

I prop myself up on my elbows and frown. Now James has joined us and is looking quizzically down at me. They start talking about Remus and I, not bothering to hide the fact that they're all trying to pair us up. I awkwardly cough and they suddenly turn their attention back to me.

"What're you still doing on the floor?" Lily frowns.

I shrug and she offers me her hand to help me up, I take it gratefully and smile when I'm standing firmly on two feet. My head swims slightly at the sudden movement and I blink rapidly to get the black and white spots out of my eyes.

"So, we're all settled, operation Rimmy is for the go." Lily grins devilishly down at me.

Rimmy? Are you serious?

"Nope, I'm Sirius." Sirius smiles as we give him all strange looks. "What? I can't take the piss out of my own name? That's stupid." He laughs.

I walk into my room, leaving everyone else outside to chat about their plans. The peace doesn't last long though as they barge inside and sit next to me on the bed. I huff in annoyance and give them each a look.

"What? Were you trying to get away from us?" Lily teases. "You didn't make it obvious enough."

I glare at her and she chuckles along with the boys.

"Ok, ok, come on, let the grumpy-though-soon-to-be-in-love-girl get her beauty sleep. She's got a long holiday of us making up schemes about her up ahead."

Lucky me. I write, sarcasm evident in my words.

"You'd do the same for me, I'm just returning the favour." Lily winks. "Have a nice nap Immy. I hope for your sake you're prepared for the rest of your time with us."

What on earth have I got myself into?

----------

Thank you so much to @lol_lipops for the comment, here's an update for you

~ Molly xoxo