BONUS CHAPTER ~ a death

The tears slip down my cheeks as I read the final letter she sent me.

I just can't believe she's gone.

"Immy?" A soft knock sounds on our dorm door and Lily pokes her head around the doorframe. "Are you ok? Do you want to talk about it?"

I quickly wipe away my tears and take a deep breath before smiling uneasily up at her.

I'm good. I write quickly. Don't worry about me, go have fun and exchange saliva with James.

Lily blushes slightly and mutters out a halfhearted excuse which isn't fooling anyone.

"How about Remus? Do you want me to get him?"

I shake my head, he wouldn't be able to get up the stairs anyway.

"Are you sure?"

I nod and she slowly backs away. As soon as I hear her footsteps echoing far away from the dorm I cough, signalling that she's gone.

Remus pokes his head out from under my bed before trying to un-squash the rest of his lanky, six foot frame from under the small wooden frame that I sit cross legged from.

"Why couldn't we tell Lily again?"

Because she would tell Mary and Mary would tell everyone and anyone who would listen.

He nods sadly and sits down next to me, pulling my shaking frame into his comforting embrace. He rests his chin on top of my head and I curl into his side, letting everything out.

After an hour of whispered comforts and tears I wipe my eyes and get up.

I want to see Sybil.

He knows better than to argue with me at this point in time, so he simply nods and we say our goodbyes before he exits through the window on his broom. I pull on his hoodie - which practically reaches my knees - and pull the hood down over my face. I quickly wander up to the astronomy tower, where I know Sybil will silently be grieving for her as well.

"She told me about you, you know?" Sybil states as soon as I'm in the same room as her. "She could read people, and she didn't like what she read on your face. Don't worry, I don't know anything, but I don't like ........." her voice fades out and her eyes, magnified behind her glasses, drift off into the stars. "Would you like some tea?"

I'm good thanks.

If there's anything I've learnt from being in the same hospital wing as a seer, it's to not accept tea from them - unless you want to know all the slightest bits of doom and gloom that are about to appear in your lives.

"You'll get through this, with him."

This sudden premonition doesn't phase me as much as it probably should and I sit down next to her on the windowsill.

I'm more worried about you.

She smiles sadly and reaches over, squeezing my shoulder in comfort.

In that moment I realise I've made a friend for life.

----

Let us not mention how long it has taken for me to JUST FLUCKING UPDATE. I'm sorry.

Y'all gorgeous people, I'm determined to be better and do more extra chapters.

LOVE YA BUBS XXXXXX