Chapter 10

Very long chapter! Enjoy!

I was at Slater's apartment with Rose and Elena. Before, I crashed into them as they were leaving.

"Where are you two going?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. I was about to enter the Salvatore Boarding House but Elena and Rose opened the door. They were about to leave.

"Bonding," Elena stated, her heart rate fastening.

"Ha. Funny. I'll ask again. Where are you going?" I questioned once more, my gaze hardening.

Rose cut in after glancing between us, "We are visiting Slater. He will not pick up his phone so we are going to his apartment."

My eyebrows furrowed, "Why are you going to Slater's?"

"How do you even know Slater?" Rose asked suspiciously.

"Damon told me of what happened," I said, lying easily.

Elena spoke up, "We are going to see if he has anymore information on the Originals."

"Ah. And why have you agreed to this, Rose-Marie?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at the vampire.

She rolled her eyes before responding, "Elena has proposed a deal. If I took her to see Slater, she would get me a daylight ring."

I nod my head, "Well then, I am going to tag along."

"What? No!" Elena exclaims, her mouth hanging slightly.

"Uh, yes I am. You are wanted by the Originals. I am the one who is just as old as them. I am your best shot at protection. No offense but Rose has half my strength because she is only 600 years old," I said, narrowing my eyes at the doppelganger.

Elena scoffs, "Yeah, only 600 years old."

When I did not back away, she sighed, "Fine. Let's go."

I smirked and we piled into my car.

We walked into his apartment and Rose was the one to find Slater's body. As Rose dragged his body away, Elena and I looked around the house.

"What are we looking for exactly?" I asked as I looked through papers scattered around the apartment.

"I'm not so sure. Just any information on the Originals, I guess," Elena said as she cascaded to a pile of papers on the desk with many monitors.

Rose came into the room and Elena said, "Looks like whoever blew up the copy shop found him and killed him for his information."

"Yeah, probably to stop him from helping people like us," Rose sighed. Then she added, "The guy was a vampire-holic, knowing too much information just bit him in the ass."

"Got that right," I muttered as I looked at the papers among his desk with Elena.

We continued looking for information when suddenly, Rose threw the curtains open.

"What are you--" Elena said with a confused expression as she put her hand up to block the sunlight.

Rose cut her off, "Tempered glass. UV rays can't penetrate."

She sighs as she looks outside, "I used to just come here to watch the day."

I came from behind her and rubbed her shoulder, offering her a smile. She softly smiled back but it wasn't genuine. I left her side to look in Slater's bookcase.

"I'm sorry about Slater," Elena said, sympathy laced with her words.

I turned back to them, "Let's not dilly-dally. There's always time for that later."