Chapter 40

I had found Kol in a city a few towns away from Mystic Falls. He was in an alleyway but it was midday. With him was a girl whose blood was being drained from her body.

"Come on, Kol. You have had your fun now, so it is time to go!" I said as I leaned against the wall.

He pulled away from her body and cast her aside,  "Fine, darling."

"I checked their local newspaper when I was bored. Eighteen bodies were found. They think there is a new serial killer on the loose," I said with a sigh.

He grinned at me, "Well I needed a big feast before we hit the road."

I shook my head and said, "We aren't leaving yet. There has been a delay."

"Why not?" He asked with a slight frown.

With a sigh, I explained what happened with Niklaus and Rebekah, also mentioning Alaric's resurrection.

"Ah. How long do you think we plan on staying for?" He asked, coming up to me with a hug and kissing the top of my head.

When I did not respond immediately, he pulled back a bit but kept his hands on my waist, "You know, you and I can always leave. We can travel, just as you wished."

I smiled at him, "I would love to, but we cannot just ditch Rebekah and Nikki."

"Why not?" Kol whined like an adorable child.

"I convinced Rebekah to stay. I can't just leave her behind with Nikki!" I exclaimed with a chuckle.

He huffed and frowned before suggesting, "Fine, but that doesn't mean we have to be back by today. We can just hang out here!"

I narrowed my eyes at him for a second before rolling my eyes and sighing, "Okay, fine!" 

Kol grinned at me and kissed my lips sweetly.

"Oh my God!" A voice shrieked from behind us.

I turned around and sped up to the voice, leaving Kol's arms. It was an older woman holding shopping bags.

"You will not remember seeing us or the body. Go home now before it's too late," I said, compelling the woman.

When the lady left, Kol intertwined his fingers with mine and began walking away from the alley, "Come on. I saw this place that we should visit."

I let him guide me around the small town before we ended up at a sit down restaurant. We slid into a booth and instantly looked at the menu.

After a while of sitting, the waitress comes up to our table.

"What can I get for you, Mr. Sexy," The women who obviously had work done said.

"Excuse me, bitch?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at her.

Kol smiled at her, "You know what you can get for me?"

"What?" She asked with a smirk, leaning forward and showing off her boob job.

"A hammer," He said simply, raising his eyebrows at her.

She giggled like a schoolgirl and asked, "What for?"

"So I can bash your head with it of course!" He says as if it were obvious.

Her face fell as she looked at him with fear. This made me laugh, so I joined in on the fun, "And I will have a knife, please."

"Um, I think I will be right back," SHe said and trailed off, taking steps back.

"No," I said, shaking my head and getting up. "You will serve my love and I with respect. If you look at him, scourge your eyes out."