Chapter 63

Niklaus and I raced to the Gilbert House as fast as we could.

"This is all my fault!" I screamed as my legs dashed.

"How? I doubt it is," Niklaus said through clenched teeth.

Tears blurred my vision but I kept moving, "He offered me to come but I said no because I was going to talk to you and Rebekah."

"This is not your fault. Kol cannot be killed. The worst the Gilberts could do is lock him up and torture; I don't see that happening," Niklaus spoke but I shook my head.

"No, Nikki. He has the white oak stake. Kol keeps it with him at all costs. They could take it from him and use it against him," I sighed and found myself moving faster, if that is even possible.

Niklaus groans in annoyance, "Well that was the stupidest move he could have made!"

As the Gilbert Residence came into view, I could hear screams. My stomach dropped and I felt like I was going to be sick.

"No, no, no, no," I mumbled as the screams became louder.

Niklaus and I ran to the doorstep where the front door was wide open. Flames captivated a falling body. The body fell to its knees but supported itself with one hand on the table with its last bit of strength. 

The body looked up to Niklaus and I. Through the scintillating flames, I somehow saw the dusky eyes of the love of my life. I found myself still, unable to move. Kol falls forward onto his back beside the table before going limp. 

I stood on my rock solid feet and breathing quicken and deepen. I began to hyperventilate as Kol's body lied lifeless. 

When the flames died down, I found my feet moving again towards his charred body. I sat on my knees and moved lifted his head and set it on my lap.

"What did you do?" Niklaus asked through gritted teeth.

Tears began to stream down my cheeks, "How could you?"

"We didn't have a choice. He was trying to cut off Jeremy's arm!" Elena tried to reason but it was no use.

"Lies! He never would've gotten inside if you hadn't have set a trap for him," Niklaus snarled at the siblings who surround themselves with death.

Elena looks to Niklaus in confusion, "You said you were going to put him down too."

Niklaus bellowed furiously, "I was going to make him suffer on my terms! I'm going to burn this house to the ground. And then, when you try to flee for your lives, I'll kill you both without blinking."

 "You kill us, you'll never get to the cure. You'll never be able to make any more hybrids," Jeremy threatens Niklaus. I wanted to rip his head off even more than before.

"Who cares about the damn cure anymore after all the loss it has brought us!" I scream as I look down at Kol.

Niklaus's teary eyes turned wild, "You really think I care for an instant about my bloody hybrids? I want the cure so I can destroy it. I would've killed you all the second we dug it up, but now I'm just gonna watch you burn instead."

Using my supernatural speed, I set Kol aside and lunged at Jeremy. I bit off a chunk of his neck. I could hear Niklaus cry out in pain. Next thing I know, I am flung across the room and into the living room. 

"Invite him in," I hear the Bennett witch say. 

I get up and crack my back which hit the wall hard.

"Do it!" She shouts as I look up to watch what she has in store.

"Come in," Jeremy says after turning to Elena who nods her head.

Niklaus falls forward because of Bonnie and her magic. She immobilizes him and shouts, "Living room. Go!"

Elena grabs Jeremy by the arm and uses her speed to get both her and Jeremy past me, and into the kitchen. I almost grabbed Jeremy's other arm, but missed by an inch.

Niklaus had followed them but could not follow them into the kitchen, and neither could I. Niklaus banged on the invisible barrier set up by Bonnie. Jeremy grabs the white oak stake from Kol's corpse before he and Elena run to the door. He turns to the other connecting room where Bonnie was stood.

"Witch, you can't do this to me," Niklaus growled at Bonnie.

"You have no idea what I can do now," Bonnie retorts.

I get as close to them as I can and punch the barrier, "You will all pay!"

"I will hunt all of you to your end! Do you hear me? Do you!?" Niklaus screamed as they left the house.

He kicks against the barrier one last time as I sit on one of the couches. Niklaus sits beside me after a few minutes if pacing.

"I cannot believe he is gone," I manage to speak without sobs.

"Neither can I," Niklaus says as I lean against his shoulder.

Tears began to flood out of my eyes again, "He wasn't ever meant to die. He was an Original for God's sake. I never thought he would die."

"You two should have stayed away, just like he always wanted," He said as he stared ahead.

"We were supposed to get married. We were supposed to be rid of all of this," I looked down at my engagement ring.

Niklaus sighs and leans back into the backrest of the couch, "If I hadn't daggered Rebekah, you and Kol wouldn't have come back."

I sat criss cross applesauce and faced Niklaus. I touched his cheek and turned him so he would face me, "Nikki, it is not your fault. Don't you dare blame yourself. It is Elena and Jeremy's fault."

"Why would they kill him? We had a plan!" Niklaus began to shake in anger.

"They are selfish and do not care about who gets hurt in the process of getting what they want," I hissed and found my eyes drifting towards Kol. 

Niklaus follows my gaze and growls, "I will kill them all with no regrets."

"I shall join you," I turn to Niklaus who nods his head with a menacing grin.

That was the final chapter! This is not the last you have seen of Alexandria because there will be a second book! Thank you so much for commenting, voting, and just reading my book! 

It was interesting trying to figure out how to end the book since Kol dies and his death plays a big role in the rise of Silas. I didn't know if Alexandria should die too or if I even wanted to write a sequel. In the end, I think it worked out! 

Thank you so much and keep an eye out for the sequel! I will most likely post a preview of the second book as another update for this book, but I am not sure. Let me know what you think!