Chapter 27

I have not updated in awhile so I have written a very long chapter. Also, this is my favorite episode of The Vampire Diaries so I wanted it to be epic. Thanks for over 200 votes and 4k reads! It means the world to me when you all vote and comment!

Basil and I arrived at the ball held at the Mikaelson mansion Nikki had built. We walked in together and took in the sight before our eyes. The gorgeous rooms were decorated with everyone in their lavish wear. Everyone seemed to be having a wonderful time as divine music played throughout the place. The beautiful staircases were wrapped with lights. I turn to Basil who looked back at me.

"Shall we, brother?" I asked with a smile.

He smiled back and nodded his head. I glanced around the room and my eyes seemed to flicker towards one part of the room. I focused on that area and saw Kol. He was with Mayor Lockwood and Damon.

"Go ahead. I feel like finding Finn," Basil said to me, noticing where my eyes laid.

I turned back to him and asked, "Are you sure? I can stay with you."

He shook his head with a soft chuckle, "Go!"

"Fine," I said with a huff.

I let go of his arm and he vanished into the crowd. I turned where Kol had stood but he was gone. I looked around, searching for Kol's fine figure.

"Looking for me, darling?" A voice said from behind me.

I turned back and rolled my eyes with a smile, "Of course not."

He grinned at me before looking at me from head to toe. His gaze was intense as his eyes met mine, "You look prepossessing, Exandria."

"Thank you. You look debonair," I said with a smirk before adding, "as always."

He smirked back at me before responding, "You're wearing the locket."

"And the dress," I smiled softly, "if you had not noticed."

"Oh I noticed, darling," He said, glancing again at my figure wrapped in maroon.

I smiled at him before changing the subject, "What happened with you and Damon?"

"Oh nothing. Just another dust in the wind," He said with a shrug before asking. "Why? Is he trouble?"

"Oh you now, he just betrayed me and threw me in his basement," I said with an annoyed sigh.

His eyes darkened as he questioned, "He did what?"

"You heard me correctly," I said, raising an eyebrow at him as I pursed my lips.

"How is still alive? I would have expected him to be six feet under by now. Is it that you have lost your murderous touch, Exandria?" Kol asked playfully as the light came back to his eyes.

I rolled my eyes and felt my nose crinkle in distaste, "Not at all! Elijah wanted peace when we worked with them against Nikki. Then we took Nikki's side but Elijah did not change his decision. Then, as you now know, Nikki took my memories and made me loyal to him. I would not kill him unless he told me to."

Kol raised an eyebrow at me, "You still call him Nikki yet you hate him."

"I do not hate your brother. I love him." I said with a sigh. "Just because he took my memories, doesn't change the brotherly love I feel for him."

"Or maybe because he compelled your loyalty," Kol snarled, stepping back.

I reached out to touch him, "Kol!" Before I could touch his arm, he pulled back and walked away swiftly. I sighed and turned around.