Chapter 23

I was in a familiar home. Instantly, I recognised it as the Mikaelson hut. As I looked around with feral, blue eyes, someone entered the room. I rolled my eyes as I saw who stood before me.

"What do you want, Kol?" I asked with a sigh as he stared back at me with angered eyes.

"What do you mean, 'What do you want Kol?', you should know why I am here," Kol said in mockery, clearly irritated.

I rolled my eyes, "I know why you are here; you live here. However, I do not know why you have called upon me."

"At the dance. You were with that Leon boy," He said in an accusing tone with a red face boiling in anger.

"Yes! I was because my father told me not to be rude to anyone or he would have my head," I say with a rising tone.

He narrowed his eyes at me, "He would do worse than take your head for being a harlot."

I gaped at him as furry burned within me, "A harlot! Is that what you think of me? Kol, I do not know where that accusation came from. That is absolutely absurd!"

"Well you go around and flirt with every boy in this village! I wouldn't be flabbergasted if anyone else thought of you as a harlot," Kol said, his eyes darkening as they met mine, brown and blue.

I felt tears in my eyes but blinked them away, "How the hell am I a harlot?"

He laughed halfheartedly, "Watch your language. You don't want to be known as the cursing harlot now, do you?"

"What have I done to make myself fall under the name of a harlot, Kol?" I asked again, ignoring his remark. 

"You go and offer your body to any man who passes by," Kol said, his eyes now blacker than his pupils.

I shook my head and laughed at him, "That is false and you know it."

"No. It is not, Exandria," He said in a low tone.

I glared at him and spoke in a low tone, "Kol, I have told you many times. Do not call me Exandria."

He laughed again, "What? Would you prefer The Harlot?"

"Who?" I asked, looking him deadly in the eye.

For a moment, he looked dumbstruck but he recovered quickly, "What do you mean?"

"Who have I been improper with?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at him as my lips pursed.

"Leon... Me," He said after a long pause.

I widened my eyes at him and exclaimed, "You?"

He only nodded his head. For once in his life, Kol did not have anything to say; no arrogant or sarcastic comment. Nothing.

"Oh, so that makes me a harlot. Of course!" I said loudly, laughing as I shook my head disbelievingly. "You are the one who flirts with countless women."

He furrowed his eyebrows at me as he spoke, "If you have not noticed, I have only flirted with one girl for the past months."

"Tell me! Who is it? Tell me so I can warn her; tell her to run away and never come back!" I shouted, my eyes watering for an unknown reason.

"You are so oblivious!" He yelled back, running his hand through his hair angrily.

My ears were ringing and my face was stinging, "And so are you!"