Chapter 46

I had laid down and waited for Basil to come home. I told him everything that happened and what a crappy day I had had.

"Wow. That was... eventful," Basil said after hearing everything.

I nodded my head with a sigh, "Yes. It was. Mystic Falls feels as though it is a beacon for drama and the supernatural."

Basil nodded his head and hesitated, "Remember when you planned on leaving?"

"Yes, what about it?" I asked Basil curiously with a tilt of my head.

"Maybe you should actually leave town," Basil trailed off, questioning me through his eyes.

I raised an eyebrow at him, "And do what?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "Travel and take a break from the world with Kol! It pains me to see you deal with these things."

"What will you do?" I questioned him with a sigh. 

Basil grinned at me, "No idea. For once, I am happy to say that. Elise keeps me on my toes."

I chuckled, "Well I am happy for you two."

"Thanks," Basil smiled genuinely. "If it makes you feel any better, Elise and I can leave Mystic Falls. That way we are all safe from this dreaded place."

Nodding my head, I grinned at him, "Definitely."

"Now that that is sorted out, let's go to bed," Basil said before chucking my over his shoulder.

"Hey!" I laughed when I saw his feet moving as he carried me up the stairs.

Basil carried me into my room and chucked me onto my bed.

"Come on. Get some sleep. You should be well rested for Kol tomorrow," Basil said, playfully winking at me.

I rolled my eyes at him, "Oh my gosh, Basil."

He snickered like a child before leaving the room, "Night."

"Night," I smiled before shutting off my lights.

This time when I slept, there was no dream, nor a nightmare. 

The next morning, I dressed into a navy blue tank top and black distressed skinny jeans after breakfast. I also tossed on a hoodie of Kol's and a pair of converse.

"Where is your stuff?" Basil asks as I was ready to leave.

"I left my stuff at the Mikaelson mansion when I was already packed," I told Basil as we went outside.

He smiled at me, "I'm gonna miss you."

"Don't worry. This isn't goodbye. It is more of a 'see you later'," I said with a small smile.

Basil nodded his head, "Of course."

We hugged and managed not to get too emotional when we pulled away. With another smile, I turned and got into my car. Then I drove to the Mikaelson mansion.

I walked inside and looked around until I found Niklaus.

"Hey," I said as I walked inside.

Niklaus looked at me over his shoulder, "What are you doing here?"

"Just getting my stuff. I left it here and never got it back," I said walking up to him.

"I put them in Kol's room," He said, turning back away.

Feeling concerned, I placed my hand on his arm, "Are you okay?"

He pulled away and kept avoiding my eyes, "Yes and you should leave."