Chapter 44

My eyes lazily opened. When my vision came into focus, I noticed I was in a van. Across from me was Rebekah and Caroline. The sound of police sirens surrounded us.

Caroline was awake but Rebekah was not.

"What is happening?" I asked, flipping my hair out of my face when I noticed my hands were tied together.

"All vampires are being rounded up," Caroline said in response.

Rebekah then wakes up and struggles against the ropes around her wrists.

"Vervain ropes. Looks like Alaric outed us all to the Council," Caroline turned to Rebekah with a small frown.

"The Council? What exactly do they think they can do to me?" Rebekah asks with a huff.

The screeching of tires echo in the van. We all scream as the van flips over. The van lands on its side, leaving me hanging over the girls. None of us were harmed but we gaped at one another in shock.

"What the hell happened?" Rebekah asks with wide eyes.

Suddenly, the back door of the van is broken off, revealing Tyler Lockwood.

"Tyler?" Caroline inquires softly in shock.

"I'm harder to kill than you think," Tyler grins at his lover.

Tyler tears off the ropes from Caroline who began to cry, "You're alive? How are you alive?"

"No time. Come on, we've got to go," Tyler says, taking her out of the van.

"Wait, what about us?" Rebekah asked wildly.

Tyler pauses and turns to Rebekah, "Keep 'em busy, little sister!" Before he left, he winked at me.

As Tyler or Niklaus, or whatever, left, Rebekah looked appalled, "No. That's not possible!"

"Rebekah, fight free!" I hissed as I tried to wiggle out of the ropes.

We tried and tried to escape but to no avail.

"I cannot that sun of a bitch made us mourn him when he wasn't dead," I exclaimed but couldn't help but smile.

"He has always liked attention," Rebekah said with a chuckle.

A man with a gun comes up to us with a gun, "You two shouldn't be laughing." 

"Not again," I sighed. For the millionth time, everything went black.

I awoke from the darkness, only to find more. I was in a large cage, meant for an animal. I took a deep breath, only to cough it out immediately. I looked around to see that vervain was being ventilated through the cages.

"This has been a terrible week," I mumbled, fighting to stand up.

"Alexandria, is that you?" I heard a voice that belonged to Rebekah asked.

I nodded my head, "Yea. Where are you?"

"Right here," She said. 

I followed her voice and noticed she was in the cage beside me. I would not see her but I could sense she was there.

"What the bloody hell is happening?" I asked with a cough.

"They're throwing us vampires in this barn," Stefan's voice said.

I turned and saw that he was in the cage across from me, "This day can't get any worse."

I grabbed onto the bars to balance but jumped back with a hiss when I felt my hands burn.

"These humans went haywire with the vervain," Rebekah sighed.

"Where is Kol and Elijah?" I asked Rebekah.