Chapter 58

"WHERE IS THE CURE?!"

Kol's vigorous voice sent shivers down my spine as he shoves Shane's head into the sink full of water. Kol held him under the water for a few moments before jerking Shane's head out of the water.

As Shane gasps for air, Kol questions him, "Where is the cure?"

"Our patience is wearing thin, Professor," I warned Shane with an impatient sigh.

When Shane does not respond, I quickly reach out for his throat and hold him up so that his feet weren't touching the floor, "It could be so much easier if you just tell us."

Rebekah came inside as I tightened my grip and my eyes narrowed. I scoffed and dropped him, "Go ahead, my love."

Kol grinned at me as he pushed Shane beneath the cool water. Shane struggled against Kol's firm grip but to no avail. After a couple seconds, Kol brought him back up again.

"You're human. Why do you want it anyway?" Rebekah inquires curiously.

Shane manages to speak as he breathes heavily, "That's the beauty of this. You can have it. I just want Silas."

Kol yanks Shane closer to him and holds him up by his shirt, "No. What do you know about Silas?"

"He's the world's first immortal being, who just happens to be imprisoned with the cure...and I want to free him," Shane responded as he breathed the clear air.

He stopped breathing when Kol shoved him back underneath the water and shouted, "No!"

Kol held Shane under the water but this time, he did not seem to have the intention of bringing him up.

"Kol, my love," I spoke cautiously and watched him with careful, steady eyes.

I found myself stepping towards him as if her were a wild animal. I did not want to trigger him into doing something worse.

"Stop!" Rebekah exclaims and pulls at Kol's arm.

Kol finally pulled him up and let him up. He tossed Shane off to the side and turned to Rebekah and I.

"He's of no use dead," Rebekah points out in a loud tone.

"Did you not just hear what he said? Silas will kill us all, sister," Kol's voice rose as he gestured towards Shane.

Rebekah shook her head, "Silas does not exist. He is a-- a fairytale made up to scare children into eating their vegetables."

Kol had walked around Rebekah so that he stood beside me,

"How would you know?" I queried and raised an eyebrow in her direction.

"Because--" Rebekah was cut off by Shane, "Silas is very real. I know where he's buried, and soon I will have the spell that wakes him.

Kol shook his head and raised his voice at Shane, "Wait a second, you're lying. You can't get to him."

Shane leaned against the wall and sat on the sink to catch his breath, "Without his tombstone? Dozens to die in a blood sacrifice? Believe me, I know. I've done it. Those massacres are a pain to engineer."

I noticed Kol tense up as he watched Shane in disbelief. All I wanted to do was hold him but I held back.

"You're the one who got the council blown up," Rebekah said in realization.

"You are actually insane!" I stated with wide eyes.

Shane brushed off my words with a shake of his head, "It was a noble sacrifice...and temporary, because once I raise Silas, Silas will raise the dead. He will bring back every last soul who died on his behalf."