Chapter 48

I rolled over the bed, expecting to bump into Kol. Instead, I was greeted with a cold nothingness. I opened my eyes to look around the bedroom. When I did not see Kol, I sat up and got out of the king size bed. 

I went into the bathroom connected to the bedroom. I washed my face and brushed my teeth, preparing myself for the day ahead. I kept on my pajamas which were shorts and one of Kol's shirts.

Then I left the bedroom and walked to the kitchen. I could smell breakfast being made which brought a smile to my face. When I walked inside, I could see a shirtless Kol standing behind the stove.

This made me laugh. Kol turned back to face me with a grin, "What, darling?" 

His voice was raspy from sleep, which made me smirk. Morning Kol always sent sparks throughout my body; his hair was tousled and his voice was raspy and low.

"I don't remember you being such a cook," I mused, raising an eyebrow at him.

He continued to grin as he shrugged his shoulders, "Well, it is the twentieth century where we have gender stereotypes. Plus, we don't have a compelled staff."

I rolled my eyes at him with a chuckle, "Obviously. You seem to learn quickly about present-day society."

"Yes, I miss slavery and staff," Kol said with a sigh.

"Kol!" I exclaimed with wide eyes. "Don't say that! We don't have a castle to live in and slavery is wrong."

"Fine, all we have this beachside house that we took from that lady," Kol huffed, turning back to the eggs he was scrambling. 

"Meaning we killed her and compelled everyone to forget about her?" I asked, walking behind him so that I could wrap my arms around his well built waist.

I felt his body shake as he laughed, "Precisely! Could you make the toast?"

Nodding my head as pulled away, I went to look through the cupboards for bread. Once I found the bread, I popped it in the toaster. As I did so, Kol turned off the stove and turned to me as I sat on the marble counter.

"Thanks for making breakfast," I said with a smile.

He walked over to me and lightly pushed my legs apart so that he could stand between, "Of course, darling."

Kol pecked my lips sweetly. When he did not pull away, I wrapped my arms around his neck. I ran my hands up his neck and into his messy hair. I felt him shudder against my touch. His hands ran up my thighs and up to my hips. A moan dripped off my lips as his hands touched my skin beneath the fabric of my shirt.

I felt him smirk against my lips. Confidence flowed throughout his body as he began to kiss down my jawline and neck. He found my sweet spot, nibbling softly as he sucked it. Sparks washed through me as I threw my head back against the counter.

Tugging at his hair, I pulled his lips back up to mine. My hands moved down to Kol's muscular shoulders as his tongue ran across my bottom lip, asking for entrance. He slid his tongue when I opened my mouth. We battled for dominance which he won soon enough.

Kol pulled away with a chuckle. I looked at him questionably but stopped when I realize the toaster was going off.

"That has been going off for a while," He laughed and stepped back, running his hand through his wild brown locks of hair.

"Really?" I questioned with wide eyes, hopping off the counter. 

I rushed to the toaster and took the toast out. They were only a tad burnt.

"That's okay," I said and placed them on two plates that I grabbed from the cupboard.

Kol placed the scrambled eggs on the plate beside the toast. I dashed to the fridge with two glasses in my hands. I poured chocolate milk in the glasses. I set the glasses down on the table as Kol placed the plates down. 

As we sat down and ate, Kol raised an eyebrow at me, "Is that chocolate milk?"

"Hey! It was the only thing she had," I said and rolled my eyes, "and chocolate milk is amazing." 

"I never said it wasn't," He said, holding his hands up in defense.

I narrowed my eyes at him and playfully said, "I saw that unimpressed look you gave me."

"Well then, Exandria, you are seeing things," He spoke in a sassy tone.

"Uh huh. Watch yourself, my love," I tilted my head at him and raised my eyebrows at him.

He laughed at me, "Oh please. You cannot take me! I am the wildest of the Mikaelsons. No one can!"

"Who knows? I am pretty sure Nikki can set you in your place," I said, biting my lip as an attempt to hide my grin.

"Come on now, let us be realistic. It would take him and an entire army of his hybrids to strike me," He said with a cocky smirk. "And I guess that won't be happening since my angelic sister destroyed the Petrova doppelganger's blood bags."

I shook my head at him and retorted, "Your brothers could take you down with ease."

"And it would take the both of them. No one can take me down alone," Kol said and cheekily sipped from his glass.

"Your pride will be the end of you, Kol," I sighed and shook my head.

He laughed, "Either my pride or you, darling."

"Perhaps a mixture," I suggested with a smirk.

His eyes widened, "No! You were meant to disagree!"

I laughed as he stared at me like a deer in headlights, "Fine!"

When we finished eating, I grabbed the plates and set them down in the sink since Kol started breakfast. After that, I walked over to Kol who was still sat in his chair.

"Shall we continue what we started?" I asked seductively, nibbling his ear softly.

I felt him shudder under my touch, "Of course. You clearly wanted more."

As he rose, I scoffed, "Oh please. Don't flatter yourself."

"Fine. Maybe... I want more," He suggested softly, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"That sounds more like it," I say, stepping on my tippy toes to reach his lips with a kiss.

He lifted me by the waist and dashed into the bedroom. Effortlessly, he tossed me onto the bed and climbed on top of me. He began to kiss down my neck and down my chest before making me take off his shirt.

Hey guys! Sorry I did not post on Saturday! I had rehearsals all week for musical theatre. Then it was my best friend's birthday and I was just super busy! When I did write, my work wasn't saved which was very frustrating. I wanted to treat you guys with a bit of... lovey dovey action since someone commented about it! I also want to say thanks for 1.7k likes! You guys are truly amazing!!!