Chapter 26

I had followed my brother into the Mikaelson Mansion. I saw a blur down the majestic hallway. Using my speed, I flashed into the room the blur was rushing to. Inside were all the Mikaelsons. Kol and Rebekah were beside one another, looking at Klaus with ashamed faces. Elijah was leaning against the seat with a glass of wine. Beside Elijah was Finn who was sat down. They were all watching Esther and Klaus. Their mother was shouting at Klaus. I turned back to Basil who was gaping at the sight before.

"Basil, you did not let me finish," I said hastily, holding my hands out before him.

"They--they're all here," Basil breathed out; eyes widened and mouth hanging.

I nodded my head and gulped "Yes, they are."

His eyes met mine before darting to another pair, "Rebekah."

I whipped my head around towards Rebekah who was wide-eyed. 

"Basil," She said softly, a small smile creeping onto her lips.

I stepped back as she began to run to Basil. Rebekah ran into his arms and hugged him around the neck. He stood in pause, not knowing what to do or how to react. I heard footsteps and turned at the sound. Kol had came next to me. He waved his hands around wildly, catching Basil's attention. I looked at him curiously but he kept his eyes on Basil. Kol pointed to his arms which wrapped around my waist. Catching on, I wrapped my arms around his neck. We smiled dreamily at Basil who finally wrapped his arms around Rebekah.

For a moment, everything seemed normal--or how it was when we were humans. Rebekah was never able to keep her hands off Basil who had always been awkward about relationships. Kol and I would always make fun of their relationship, being partners in crime and all. Wait a second, if he and I were in love and not partners in crime, then what do I remember that is false and what was real?

My body stiffened at this thought. Kol felt it and stepped back. Awkwardly, I turned from him and looked at my brother and best friend. They had pulled away  from one another. Rebekah was smiling at him and he smiled back. Something flashed in his eyes.

He stepped past her and shouted, "Niklaus! You're going to pay!" His fangs were glistening and the redness in his eyes grew brighter.

"Basil, please do not do this in my family's home," Esther said calmly, looking Basil in the eye with steady brown ones.

"Then perhaps we shall go outside. Wouldn't want to ruin the new carpet now, would we?" Basil snarled, only looking at Klaus.

I stepped forward and held down my boiling anger towards Niklaus, "Basil, we shall not do this now. I will get my memories back. I don't care what it takes or who has to die. I will get them back." When I spoke of death, my eyes bore into Niklaus's greenish blue ones.

"Alexandria, I--" Niklaus started off but I cut him off.

"You what, Niklaus? You're sorry? Don't even bother. You weren't sorry when you took them in the first place so why would you be sorry now?" I growled, my eyes eyes turning red.

He hung his head in sorrow which only made me scoff in annoyance.

I grabbed Basil's wrist tightly and said curtly, "Sorry, Esther, for the disruption. You may go back to lecturing your poor excuse of a son."

I did not watch to see her expression. I span on my heels and walked out the room, dragging Basil behind me.

It was the next day and Rebekah had called me, telling me to come over. I was at the door and just walked in, not bothering to knock.

"Rebekah Mikaelson! Get your cute butt down here!" I shouted throughout the house as I shut the door behind me. 

I strolled into the room with the staircases. Rebekah made her grand entrance as she walked down the stairs.