Chapter 34

Kol and I walked inside the dark and abandoned looking house after he had kicked the door open. We both had our bats in hand, ready to pounce if needed. Neither of us bothered looking for a light switch. With our enhanced eyesight, our eyes quickly adjusted to the darkness, allowing us to see everything inside.

"Can't she hire a maid?" I asked, gesturing towards the piles of junk she may have collected over the years.

Kol spoke with a shrug, "She has always hated throwing things away. At least, that is what I remember."

"Well, Kol Mikaelson. You remembered correctly," Said a female voice.

We instantly look around, trying to find the speaker with no face.

"Have you missed me Kol?" The voice purred and laughed.

Kol kept looking around with careful eyes, "I can think of many places I would rather be right now!"

The voice cackled from a different area, "Oh please? With this girl? You can do so much better!"

"Why don't you come out and I can show you what I'm made of!" I shout, feeling flustered already.

"Please! I love watching you look for me. You are like a hound, wanting to impress its owner. I quite enjoy this!" Said the voice, sounding near.

I focussed my hearing on her footsteps, feeling as if time slowed down. I heard the footsteps begin to fasten, preparing to run. Mary began to run and I felt her begin to pass by. I lunged forward, arms open to catch her if I can. Feeling my arms secured around her waist, I follow through and we crash through the door behind her. 

I quickly get up from the floor and put my foot to her throat, holding her down. Kol is stood next to me with a smirk, "Hello there, Mary."

"Kol, lovely to see you," She says before grabbing my foot and twisting it with a snap.

I stumble back from Mary but swing my snapped foot, hitting her in the face. My foot snapped back into place as it came into contact with Mary. I stand, ready to hit when necesary. 

"Mary, we can either do this the hard way or the easy way," Kol says with an annoyed sigh.

The blonde raises an eyebrow at us, "What would you want? You seem to be in desperate time of fun. Your new play things doesn't seem to fit your requirements."

"Oh please, let me show you how much fun I can be," I growl, narrowing my eyes at Mary.

A smirk grew on Mary's lips, "Let's have some fun, shall we?"

"We shall," I said lowly, holding my broken bat readily.

When Mary did not make the first move, I grabbed a piece of junk from her shelves and chucked it at her. As she bent down to recover, I sped over to her. I grabbed her by the head and kneed her in the face. 

Kol joined my side and brought his aluminum bat to her back, causing her to fall to the ground. As she lied on the floor, she kicked me from beneath the feet. I fell to the floor, landing on my side. Kol swings the bat towards her jaw, making her fall back into the wall. 

"Homerun!" Kol shouts with a grin.

As Mary tries to get up, he grabs her by the throat and lifts her, holding her to the wall.

"Who turned you?" Kol asked harshly, holding her against the wall.

"Why do you care?" Mary asks, struggling under his strong grip.

I get up from the floor, "Just answer the damn question."

Mary kicks Kol in the chest and twists his arm.  I speed up to her and dodge her punch. Then I drive my fist through her jaw. I uppercut her and she falls back into the wall with a thud.

I grab my bat and hold it to her throat, "Who turned you?"

She spat in my face, causing me to take the bat and stab her in the side with it. Mary wails filled the room.

"Why can't you just compel her, Kol?" I ask through gritted teeth.

"Because, that would ruin all the fun," Kol said with a bloodthirsty grin.

Quickly, I rip the bat from her side and plunge it into her chest.

"You feel that? Do you feel the bat scraping against your heart?" I ask, pushing the bat deeper.

Mary cries out in response, her head falling to the side.

I asked once again, "Mary, who turned you? I will not ask again."

"Klaus. I was turned by Klaus," She says, fear in her eyes.

"There, that wasn't so hard, now was it?" I growled in her ear before driving the bat through her heart.

Her corpse turned grey as I pull away. From the little squabble, my senses were all heightened and I felt my heart pumping quickly. 

"This is why I--" Kol started but I stopped him.

I cupped my hand over his mouth and pushed him against the wall with a thud.

"They're here," I mouthed with a little smirk.

Against my hand, I felt him broadly grin. He grabbed my hand and twirled me so that I was in his arms. Kol let me go but still held my hand. He led me to the chair that I finally noticed was in the room. I decided to stand beside him as he sat in the chair. Then the door opened.

Sorry for the short chapter. I just needed to update and put up this chapter and the next. Thanks for almost 800 votes and 30k views!