Chapter 9 (Anthony p.o.v)

We watched as Alex stopped dead in her track and her face harden. Her eyes showed no emotions but somehow, Damien and I knew deep down inside, she was hurting and the pain was almost unbareable. Her eyes watered a bit but she blinked away. We looked at Sho and this is the first time Sho got through her.

Wrong question.

Sho mouthed. We slapped Brayden's arm and he seemed to get what we meant. We looked at mom and she looked confused and concerned at the same time. We all stared at Alex.

“I don't know. I left.” She whispered quietly. Her voice were shaken and we knew it's something important and it affected her badly. Suddenly mom narrowed her eyes at Alex.

“Alex... Are you getting thinner? You looked so different. I was so caught up on the past that I didn't noticed you getting thinner.” Mom said walking towards Alex. Just like that, Alex's emotions flew away and it was buried deep down. She smiled sheepishly at mom while mom kept on blabbing.

“You looked so tired and thin! You looked different! Last time I saw you, you had the confident and the look. The good bad girl look but now... Baggy shirt and jeans? What happened Alex?” Mom gestured her whole body. Alex just shrugged while Josh and Lily stared at each other. There's a question been bothering us since Alex told us the story.

“Mom... Did Alex introduced you Steve?” Mom turned towards us and her face lit up when we mentioned Steve. Steve came after the incident and he had been helping us a lot especially mom. They started dating a few years back and they got married after that.

“Yep.” Mom said, popping out the 'p'.

“He's the most wonderful man ever. Thanks to Alex for introducing such a good guy and he never give up protecting and caring for me.” Mom said with so much love. We smiled at her then at Alex.

“Thanks Alex. It means a lot to us.” Damien said standing up with me and we hugged her. I hid my head in the crook of her neck and mumbled.

“You're our saviour.” I kissed her neck which sent her shivered under us. She shifted her feet uncomfortablely when we sniffed her hair. She smelt like strawberry and chocolate..

“That's it you two. You're taking too long.” Mom said pulling us away from Alex. When our eyes met hers, her cheek were red and pinkish. We chuckled and drapped our arms on each others shoulder. We watched as mom pulled our boys, Alex, Josh and Lily to the dinning table. She kept on saying they should come more often.

“Yeah Alex, you should come more often.” We turned our head and mom face lited up. She jumped into Steve's arms and gave him a peck. We were grossed but if she's happy, we are happy for her. Mom pulled out from Steve hug and pushed him towards Alex. Alex didn't hesistated to walk into his arms.

“Hey baby girl. Long time no see.” He said smiling. Alex smiled at him and kissed his cheek. Steve ruffled her hair.

“You looked thinner and... plan. You don't look like the Alex I once knew.” Steve frowned. Alex just gave him a weak smile and suddenly an understanding expression flashed across his face. He pulled her into another hug.

“Oh... I'm so sorry baby girl.” Steve mumbled. Alex shrugged. Josh and Lily were hiding behind Alex's leg, staring at Steve. Josh and Lily tugged Alex's jeans, making both of them looked at them. They blushed a little while Alex laughed and picked them up.

“This is Josh and Lily. The time you saw them, they're still young.” Alex introduced. They nodded slightly at Steve as he looked at them with fatherly look. Damien nudged me.

“What do you think happened?” Damien asked me. I stared at him before turning to Alex. She laughed with our guys and she knew mom and Steve. Not to mention she introduced Steve to us and saved us family. Questions swirled around our brain. Who is she? What gang she's in? How did she knew Steve?

And... what happened to her family and the gang?

“I don't know man... I don't know.” I mumbled, looking at Alex. She smiled like nothing happened just because she hid her feelings well, even Sho. But somehow... She looked devasted.

(Alex p.o.v)

“Thank you for the dinner Jenny. We appreciated it.” I smiled warmly at her. She just waved her hand like it's no big deal.

“I would like it better if you come here and eat with us everyday like the guys.” She said gesturing to The Nerds. They smirked and wiggled their eyebrown. I smiled and shook my head. Steve kissed Josh and Lily goodbye as they ran towards me. Steve walked beside me and grabbed his car key.

“Come on. I'll send you home.” He padded my back. I nodded and hugged the family one last time before stepping out with Steve, Josh and Lily. They climbed in the car and dozed off. I laughed. They're tired. I climbed in the front sit and buckled myself.

“How's your life going?” Steve asked staring at the road infront. I just shrugged. Then I noticed he's driving so I replied normal. He sighed then stopped the car at the red light.

“Alex... You can tell me. From what I heard, I knew your life isn't easy.” I looked away. All the pain and stress I had been hiding were sufacing. I know I'm breaking down. Everyone left. I know. Everyone would eventually left....

“I can handle with my life.” I mumured quietly.

“Alex.. You can't and you know it. Everything had changed since that. I knew you just lost your job. Please let us help you..” Steve pleaded. I shook my head and closed my eyes. Indeed, everything had changed. People changed. Once, I was a fierce and happy girl. I helped people with everything I can with my gang but now..

I'm all alone.

When Steve parked his car outside our house, he took a deep breath. Everything's in a bad shape. I opened the door not wanting to listen to his babling again. I took Josh and Lily and walked into my house not turning back once. Steve drove away, knowing my personalities. I sighed and unlocked the door.

I walked upstairs with Josh and Lily in my embrace and I put them in my room. I kissed their forehead and pulled the converter and covered them. I smiled slightly and stepped down the stairs.

But I did not expected their arrivals.

Hey guys sorry that I'm late for updating the story but I'm trying my hardest. I'm kinda lost of ideas for awhile before going back to it. Ooh! Alex is still hiding something and the twins are not giving up eh! Who had arrived? Wait for the next chapter and find out!

Read

Vote 

Follow

Comment

=3