Chapter 18 (Alex p.o.v)

“Alex, write down the names who betrayed us, threatened you and robbed us.” Max ordered. I nodded my head and I took a piece of papers and I started writing down names. We were in the working room, trying to find our gang back. Well, if that's they are willing to. The Nerds will come later and I'm glad when I got a call from Sam that she will be stopping by later.

Josh and Lily were helping me by finding their pictures and The Nerds will help us to find their locations. I scribbled down all the name and scanned it one more time, checking for missing names. Then something clicked. I missed one name. I glared at the paper and I scribbled down the name.

Caleb Dawnson : Betraying

I stared at his name. Why? Why did he had to do that? He used to be my best friend, my best buddy but of all people, he betrayed me. Why did he have to lie to my brothers? Why did he have to disappear when I need him the most? What did I do to make him betray me? Why Caleb? I sighed and passed the papers to Josh and Lily. I watched as they started pulling out albums and flipped the pages.

Someone knocked on the door and Ron went to open the door. I laid on the couch with papers and pictures around me. I sighed and closed my eyes as I think of some other names. But I can't think of other name other than Caleb... How could he..? I groaned and covered my face with my palms and the papers. I heard Max sighing and the door opening. Someone walked towards me and gently peeled off my hands from my face.

“Come on. Let's take a rest.” Max said picking me up. I sighed and wrapped my arms around his neck as he carried me up. My eyes met with Ron, The Nerds and Sam. I waved my hands at them. Max carried me downstairs to the kitchen and he made me something to eat. We've been going about the gang stuff since morning and we forgot about breakfast. He placed a plate of pancakes infront of me. I picked up the fork as he sat down opposite of me and ate quietly.

“What are you going to do when you meet him?” I asked. Max stopped eating and shrugged.

“We'll see.” I nodded as I ate. Then another knock on the door made me looked up. Who is it since everybody's here? I got up from the chair and walked towards the door, much to Max's displease. I opened the door, shocked when I see Chase standing outside there.

“Chase? What are you doing here?” I asked. Before Chase could reply, Max appeared from behind me and he grinned.

“Hey Chase buddy.” They did a man hand shake which I don't get it at all. When Chase's eyes landed on me, he raised an eyebrown.

“Soooo.... This is your sister? The one I had been treating for this few years?” Chase asked slightly surprised. Max narrowed his eyes and he stared at me, absolutely not happy.

“Had been treating for this few years?” Uh oh.

“Yeah. She fainted a lot, got bruises a lot and she seldom eat.” Chase blured out. I glared at Chase. Damn him for telling my brother!

“What are you doing here!?” I interupped Max when he was about to speak. Chase grinned at me.

“Max is my best friend and I'm your gang new messanger.” My jaw dropped open. What!? A goody Chase joining a gang? That's so impossible. I closed my mouth then opened again, not trusting my voice. Max pointed his finger at the table and glared at me.

“Have your breakfast now.” I pursed my lips and listened to him like a good girl. I knew when not to get to Max's bad side. I knew he's going to lecture me with Ron again. I slumped down on my seat in defeat and continued eating, biting my spoon like a child.

After eating my breakfast and getting lecture by my brothers, we get back to work on the gang stuff. We reopen our gang's account and we're not surprise when we found out the gang's account was empty. Dylan and Anthony helped us a lot by hacking the other's account and get back our money and our informations. They even found rumors about our gang.

We worked for a few more hours and I was getting frustrated. I got up, grabbed my gadgets and went to the training room. Yes, you heard me right. We had a training room. Josh and Lily followed me as they bounced happily. I smiled and ruffled their hair. Lily whined at me when I messed up her hair.

We walked down to the basement and opened the door, switched on the lights and I looked around. Memories flooded back in my brain. Dad would always bring me down here and trained me. Max and Ron would cheered for me while mom just smiled, preparing food for us. When my eyes landed on my usual training spot, I felt the energy that I had when dad's here were back. The energy flow in my blood and I was getting ready to shoot.

Josh and Lily went to the safe spot as I went to my training spot. The familiar feeling of the materess on my feet were still there. The feeling when my feet slamming on the materess as I aimed at my target. I smiled softly. I threw my duffle bag on the counter and I pressed on a few buttons and it beeped. I put on my favourite dagger poutch on my waist and I slided in other daggers and even guns but it's not loaded with bullets, it's loaded with wooden bullets.

As I heard a loud beep, my body went with the flow. I twisted my body as my hand flew to my waist, grabbing the daggers. My eyes were focused on the dummies. I pulled out the daggers and my body danced with them. I felt like dad's here with me, telling me to tough up. I swung my daggers as I ran, cutting down the dummies and feathers covered my vision. I turned my body, seeing one dummie coming towards me in speed. I placed my hand on the head of the dagger and stabbed at the heart of it.

I heard cheering, more than one but I ignored it. I grabbed a dagger and threw it behind the dummie infront of me as I stabbed the dummie with the knife. I pulled it out and jumped, stabbing one. I pushed my pressure on one leg as the other kicked the other dummie, throwing the knife at the place where the heart is. I swung my knives and dagger a few more times until I heard a long beep again.

I was breathing heavily with sweats dripping from my skin. I collasped to the ground, butt first. I dropped the daggers and knives, my elbow resting on my knees. Josh and Lily came to me with towels and water bottle. They ran to me, stumbled on the way and I can't help but giggled. They smiled sheepishly at me and passed me the water bottle. Josh and Lily helped me to wipe my sweats.

“You're so cool sissy!” Josh exclaimed, eyes twinkling with excitement. I laughed and ruffled his hair. Lily wrapped the towel on my neck and I pulled her close, kissing her forehead. She giggled and kissed my cheek. But I was shocked when I saw Brayden and Noah there grinning like a fool. Their eyes glintered with mischief and I knew.. they're planning something bad.

“Nice practice Alex.” They smiled. I thanked them as I stood up. I placed my daggers and knives back in my duffle bag and I practiced throwing. After a few more hours, we went back to the room, only to be greeted with a swarm of people.

Sorry for this chapter =( I'm not good at writing fighting. And strategy. Sorry for that, hehe... Anyway, I wrote a new short story. You can check it out at my profile =D It's called "Maid to Mate"

Read

Vote

Follow

Comment