#2

Wait, what?

Had he lost it? She had just failed a major presentation, and here he was, offering her a job.

He had to be insane.

Maybe she had heard it wrong.

"What?" She asked him, trying hard to hide the obvious disbelief in her voice. But miserably failing.

He cleared his throat and and repeated softly.
"Work for me?"

It was more like an order the last time. This time it sounded like more of a question, a request.

Almost a plead.

By now, Nandini had gotten a rough idea about who he was.

She was completely stunned.

The guy who had millions of people working for him, under him, was asking, almost pleading her to work for him.

Why?

Something was wrong. She shouldn't agree to it. This is ridiculous. There had to be something more to this. This is impossible. This is so creepy.

Still, she needed a job. Badly.

But she can't just say yes to his offer, can she?

What if he had bad intentions? How could she trust him so easily? There was no way she was going to agree to this.

While this was going inside her head, she stood there next to him, like a creep, biting her lips and staring at the doors, deep in thoughts. The doors were shiny enough, thus they could see their reflections on them.

Nandini studied him through his reflection. He was doing something on his phone.

She noticed his muscular figure, his broad shoulders, his sculpted, muscular chest. She could almost see those well defined packs she could run her fingers over through the layers, and realized why girls were ready to die for him. All she could do was imagine what it would be like under that white shirt.

She was checking him out.
Wow.

She had just lost her job.
She had to buy food.
She had to pay her rent.
She had to pay the taxes by the end of the month.
And she didn't have much money.

And instead of worrying about it and thinking about the possibilities where she could look for jobs, she was standing here, checking this guy out.
Hm. Makes perfect sense. Totally.

Suddenly, he looked up, and their eyes met.

She looked into his eyes and felt something stir inside of her. There was something in his eyes, she had failed to notice before. She could see it, but couldn't tell what it was. She was starting to feel a little uncomfortable, a little jittery.

The doors of the lift slid open, and she broke their eye contact. She walked out, feeling confused.

What just happened?

People around were staring at her like she had just come back from the dead.
After all, she had just shared an elevator with Mr. Billionaire.

She increased her pace to avoid people's gazes and walked out of the building in a hurry.

She was about to exit the gate, when she felt a hand on her shoulder.
She felt something go through her body at the touch. She instantly knew who it was. She was feeling more and more jittery, she wanted to throw up.
What was happening to her?

"Nandini." She heard him say her name, ever so softly. It sounded so beautiful. So perfect. Her breath hitched. She had gone pale. She could feel it.

"Y..yes?" She stammered, as she turned around to face him.

"Are you alright?" He asked her.

"Um..yes, I am fine, thank you." She repeated the line she had been asked to cram up in grade one, as an answer to "how are you?"

Stupid.
STUPID.

She cursed herself for being so idiotic.
Something was very wrong with her today.

The damage had already been done. She saw a look of amusement pass through his face, but it vanished quickly.
He was good at hiding his feelings, she noted.

God damn he was beautiful!

"Uh okay. I think you should drink some water, you look like you're about to throw up."

She just nodded. Water wouldn't be such a bad idea.

He gestured one of his bodyguards, not like he needed them, to get him a water bottle. He gave it her.

She took it and started drinking. It felt so good. She realized she was parched. She kept on drinking, while staring at those body guards. He was so big and muscular, he looked so strong. Why did he even have the body guards? He looked strong enough tackle Godzilla, if required.

Okay, that was a bit too much, but still, you get the idea, right?

"Umm..you didn't answer my question so I just thought...anyway you can take your time. Here is my number. Just let me know about your decision, whenever you're ready."

Saying this, he took her free hand in his, and scribbled his number across her palm with a pen, which was also provide by one of the bodyguards, who were standing at a distance.

And she almost choked on the water.
After all, it wasn't everyday that gorgeous guys took her hand and scribbled their numbers across her palm. In fact, this was the first time she had let a man touch her, without any protests or without getting angry.
She was so shocked herself.

Her eyes became wide. She chugged the water down her throat, returned the bottle, thanked him and left, before things get any weirder.

He just stood there, watching her walk away. He ruffled his hair, chuckled to himself and turned to leave.

He took the same bottle, and drank from it.

The bodyguards were confused. Why was he drinking from an empty bottle?

He turned back, to get one last look at her and found her already looking at him. He saw her turn back with a jerk on being caught and increased her speed of walking. Manik chuckled.

"Pagal."

*****
Surprise update for my awesome sauce people for such an awesome sauce response!

Guys, I will be updating ever Sunday. That is Monday according to the IST.

And thank you soooooooo much for such an amazing response! I am so overwhelmed. Please please please keep supporting! Love you all!

Yo! I really really really hope that you liked this chapter, if you did, please please please vote and comment as it means a lot to me.

Stay blessed!

#okthanksbye