#10

If you were asked what the enemy of love was, what would you say?

*****

"Well, then why are you so stressed out? I mean if its not because of Alya walking out on you, then what is it?" She asked softly.

Her happiness can wait. His sadness can't.

Manik stayed silent for a second, closing his eyes and pressing his right temple with the middle finger and the left temple with the thumb of his left hand, his right hand clenched into a fist.

Nandini stayed silent, contemplating her next move.

She walked towards him and positioned herself behind his authorative chair, as her hands automatically went to his hair and started massaging his forehead with her soft hands.

Manik instantly relaxed under her touch and leaned back on his chair, sighing in content.

He closed his eyes, all his stress lines seemed long forgotten. There was a small smile playing at his lips.
A comfortable silence took over them.

"My dad used to do this to me."

He said out of the blue, startling Nandini. She nodded, though he couldn't see her.
There was no mention of his family anywhere in a no magazine, no newspaper, no article. His family was a mystery to the whole world.

Some people though that it was too precious, too valuable for him to share it with the world.

Other thought that maybe it was tragic or disastrous, or just sad.

After all, the world runs by assumptions.

In fact, he himself was a mystery, a mystery that every guy wanted to become, and every girl wanted to claim.

There was nobody. Not a single human in this galaxy who knew anything more about him than his name and he hard work.

Neither did anybody know his past. It was really weird, how the world failed to see his vulnerable side, but was always hot on his trail to catch his "live arrogance" to show to the world. He must have been linked up in so many baseless rumors like the one Alya had spread.
He was known for his arrogance towards his position in the business world. He was proud. And who wouldn't be? If you started from scratch and ended up becoming the richest person in The whole milky way, damn you'd be an arrogant ass! He wasn't an ass at least. But she knew how good a person he was.

That must be so frustrating, honestly.

But she knew that he knew how to ignore such douches.

And she realized how strong he was mentally to be a part of so many bizarre rumors and still be alive.

She would have died of anger.
How did he contain all his anger and frustration? Did he have some one he could share it with? He must be so lonely.
Aw. Poor thing.

Well, she was here now. And she's not planning on leaving any time soon.

She smiled, and shuffled her feet. She was tired of standing for so long, in the same position. She had been massaging his head for 15 minutes now.
But she didn't mind.
As long as he wasn't sad.

Manik

Lonely.
Empty.
Void.
That is what he had been feeling for as long as he can remember.

In his miserable times, in his happy times, he was all alone. There was nobody to watch his back, nobody to walk beside him, or nobody to guide him.
Nobody to hug him and tell him that everything was gonna be alright. He didn't have anybody to pull him to her lap and caress his hair through the night, and take care of him.
There was nobody who could just be with him, who could just be his forever, no leaving, no betrayal, only love.
He wasn't living. He was barely surviving.

Trust me, living alone in this big bad world wasn't easy.

He sighed and rubbed his eyes, fighting back tears.

He felt Nandini shuffle behind him. He immediately realized that she must be tired. He instantly stood up.
"Sit." He said.

He saw Nandini gasp. Damn. She was making him all horny.
She was making him feel like no other had ever made him feel before. He felt like a man.
(If y'all know what my perverted words mean.😉😅)

"You must be tired, please. I insist. Sit."

"But, this is your chair, your position. This chair is for the owner of this huge corporation. I can't just sit just like that. Its only for you!" She said, looking bewildered.

"Only if she knew, whatever's mine is ours." He thought to himself.

He smiled.
"It's my chair and I am telling you to sit. So sit down."

Nandini sighed in defeat.
"Okay." Her voice was squeaky.

She sat and he settled down in front of her, she facing his back, bending his knees upwards and loosely wrapping his arms around his knees, as he leaned back, being careful not to make Nandini feel uncomfortable.

"Continue." He demanded, sitting on the floor.

And her hands were back to what they were doing.

"I never had a friend. I was always so lonely. I never had anybody do this to me, after my dad.." He almost choked.
"Hey, hey. Shh. Its okay. Everything will be fine." She said softly, gently caressing his hair.

And suddenly, out of nowhere, he felt her lips land on the top of his head. And that was it for him.

He turned around, sat on His knees and dug his face in her stomach, tightly wrapping his hands around her, crying his eyes out. After almost 15 long years was he crying like this, like a toddler, not Caring about anything, anyone. Not caring about the worlds.
He knew, she will never judge him.
He cried, he cried and he cried. He cried to his heart's content. He sobbed like a child when he meets his mother after getting lost in the crowd of big, bad, unknown people.
And she let him. She let him take it all out.

After what felt like eternity, he heard her speak.

"Shh. I'll always be there for you."
6 words, 24 letters. That's all that he had wanted to hear, since forever.
This stopped him from sobbing, and brought a huge, real, true, beautiful smile on his gorgeous face.

"Promise?" He asked, his voice muffled, as his head was buried in her stomach.

"Promise." She said softly. He could feel that she was smiling. His smile became wider.

"She likes us!" His heart squealed in delight.

He wasn't ready to let her go, but he had to. He didn't want the peace he felt to go away. He wanted to hold on to her scent, her warmth. He didn't want to give it up. Not now, not ever.

He felt things he failed to express, because it was too beautiful, too mind blowing and too blissful for a few mundane words.

Is this what love felt like?

He wanted to be sure of what she felt for him. But how would he do that?

And then, suddenly, he got the best idea of the century. He sat on his knees in front of her, looked deep in her eyes, as his hands found hers.

"Will you be my friend?"

*****
I get it. I know its crappy. I am am so sorry. Don't expect great and perfect chapters from me always! I don't claim to be some ange..l..whoopsie! *chuckles nervously*
Sholly! *notice the pout, please*

But you love me, don't you.😁

But I will definitely do better in the next I promise.

Please let me know if this chapter wasn't up to your expectations okay?

Yo! I really really really hope that you liked this chapter, if you did, please please please vote and comment as it means a lot to me!

Stay blessed!

#okthanksbye