#17

Manik looked at her with wide eyes.

Nandini stood up, dusting the sand off her pants and forwarded her hand towards Manik.

Manik took her hand and stood up. The sun was almost setting.

Nandini started walking along the shore, entwining her fingers with Manik's, as she pulled him to walk with her.

Manik got hold of her hair tie and pulled at it, as her hair were set free from the pony tail. The wind started playing with her hair. She turned back and smiled at him, the sunset making her look ethereal, her face glowing. Her eyes holding pain and sorrow, yet they seemed so serene.

Manik started walking beside her, releasing her hand and then holding it again, tighter this time.

Nandini looked down, blushing, as a never-ending smile took over her lips, before looking sideways up at his gorgeous, serious, and calm face.

"Tell me about yourself."
He said, gazing at her face, a small smile playing on his lips.

"What about me?" She asked.

"About your life, you friends, your..family. Your..past." He said, hesitating.

"Well, my life's pretty boring. I just have one friend, Aria. But she's less of a friend, more of a sister who loves to annoy the crap out of me." She said, smiling, holding Manik's gaze.

"That's good." He said. He said no more, wanting her to continue.

She cleared her throat before continuing.

"My family? I don't have one. " She said bitterly, as she stared at the sea.
"My past? I don't have any. All I have is a sick nightmare."

Manik walked by her silently, tightening his grip on her hand, assuring her of his presence.

Nandini slowly leaned on his broad shoulder, her other hand wrapped around his elbow, as they walked in silence. Their fingers remained entwined.

"My mum and dad. Rajeev and Kajal Murthy, the famous Indian business tycoon and his wife. They were the best parents ever. They were caring, they were cool, they were loving and they gave me all their attention. And I guess that was their fault. Thy spoilt me rotten. I was their only child. I wasn't stuck up. I was just ignorant. Ignorant to all the one love they gave to me. It was all my dad's fault. He took care of me, loved me so much, he taught me everything, from the book stuff to the world affairs, how to be kind, how to be generous, how to love, how to care, how to live, but he never taught me how to live without him. 20 years. 20 years and I haven't learnt how to live without him. He was on the airplane that had vanished 20 years ago. He had left promising to be back the next day with tons of toys and chocolates and candies. None of those showed up. Neither did he."

She moved closer to him, adjusting her head against his chest, as she put his arms around her waist when she realized he was hesitating.
The moment his hands touched her waist, his grip on her became firm.

He wasn't planning to let go. Not anytime soon.
And by anytime soon I mean not for the next 6384948372628 births.
(I bet you even read that number completely, you just skimmed right through it and you didn't even realize there is an alphabet in it. And now you realize I fooled you as you go and check it thoroughly again. Trolled ya!😅 *gasps* *realizes* Gosh I'm smart! *accidentally hits myself really hard while slapping my thigh* *suddenly wakes up from the dream* *goes around with a broom to hit the person who woke me up* *realizes it was me* *swipes tears off the forehead* *dies*

I am smart.🙉)

Despite her pain, her agony, she smiled through her tears.

It was good to know that you have somebody who will be with you no matter what.

She snuggled closer to him, as her hands went around his waist. She took in his Cologne, as she dug her nose in his shirt.

"My mum. She was the best. She always tried to stop dad from spoiling me rotten, but that didn't stop him. Every time my dad got me something that I threw a tantrum for having, my mom would go around the house cursing people and cleaning. It would take the both of us to calm her down. She had always been there for me. She always stayed by side whenever I needed her. She supported me. She took care of me. She loved us, my dad and I, I remember walking in on them when they were really close. I was too small then to realize, but now that I think of it.." She chuckled through her tears.
"My dad loved me, he loved us, and I loved them. And it took me his..death to realize that. My mom, she stood strong and faced the world and earned all alone, taking care of me. Earning money and raising a child isn't easy. And she did that for two years. But then she realized she couldn't. She started growing weaker by each passing day. She was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. She wanted me to have a family and a happy life, so she married a single man, who also had a daughter. He seemed all sweet and caring a first, so did she, but it was only until my mom passed away. I wasn't his daughter, no I wasn't her sister. I was their servant, their slave who never got paid."

Manik had tears in his eyes.
Just how can someone do this to such an angel?

"But then why didn't they recognize you yesterday?" He asked.

"Who told you they didn't?"
She answered his question with a question.

"What do you mean?"
He asked, all confused.

She pulled her phone out of her pocket and handed it to Manik, showing him a text.

Running away was the biggest mistake of your life, little bitch. Wait till I get to you. Stay away from Manik. Because I have selected him for my daughter. So if you like your freedom, maintain your distance.

This text sent shivers down her spine. The moment she had gotten it, she had broken down.
Why can't they just leave her alone? Let her be? If they couldn't do her good, they have no right to hurt her!

Nandini cried, as she snuggled impossibly close, nuzzling her nose in his neck, her grip around him tightening, her hands wrapping around his shoulders. They had stopped walking.

He took her in his arms, his arms around her waist, he pulled her closer to him, telling her that he was here now. Telling her that he was going to protect her forever. Telling her that he will never let anybody snatch her a way from him.
And that now, everything was going to be okay.

*****
Please forgive the typos.
Yo! I really really really hope that you liked this chapter, if you did, please please please vote and comment as it means a lot to me!

Stay blessed!

#okthanksbye