#21

Manik was currently sitting comfortably in his chair, trying to ignore Soha, as she sat in front of him, interrupting him every few seconds.

He had a very important deal at hand.

Mr. Khurrana, being a part of the deal, had wanted Soha to present the presentation to the clients.

Well, damn.

Manik was sitting there all frustrated, having no idea how to get Mr. Khurrana and his icky daughter off his back. No. Their backs.

Soha presenting the presentation and representing his empire would surely end up with a bad outcome, a disaster. He couldn't just risk it just like that.

He needed a back up plan.

"Nandini! What are you doing, bitch! Get the fuck away from him." Soha's annoying screams had jerked him from his thoughts.

Did she just call her a bitch?
Oh no she didn't.

He had no idea what the situation was about, but no matter whatever it was, he will never tolerate Nandini being insulted.

He was about to retort back, when Nandini's beautiful, silky voice, with an edge to it, interrupted him.

"You're being basic, bitch. Shut up." She said calmly, a smirk painted on her face when she noticed that Soha looked like she'd been slapped right across her face, as she walked closer to Manik. .

"That's my girl."
He thought proudly.

Nandini halted right next to Manik, folding her hands across her chest and narrowing her eyes at him.

Manik raised his eyebrows, asking her why she was staring at him accusingly.
"Don't you ever get hungry?" She asked him.

Oh. She's hungry.
So was he, he realized.

"Bitch! That's not the way to remind your boss about lunch." Soha said, her tone and words angering Manik.

Manik's palms were balled into fists as he resisted the urge of breaking Soha's make up caked face.

He took deep breaths, as he tried to control his anger and closed the file in front of him, shutting the laptop before standing up. He adjusted his blazer and straight ahead in attitude.

He saw Nandini roll her eyes. He almost chuckled. Almost.

"Let's go." He said.

"Yeah! Just a second!" Soha almost shouted, excited that she'll be having lunch with the richest and the most handsome guy on earth, as she sat there giving a touch up to her made up face.

Manik and Nandini both gave her a weird look.

"Soha. You will not be coming." Manik stated as a matter-of-factly.

"What? Why? Who did you say "let's go" to then?" She asked.

"Because...nobody invited you to. And I don't need to tell you who I talk to." Manik said, holding the "duh" back before it rolled off his tongue.

"But I'm hungry! I want to come with you!" Soha whined.

Manik remained silent for a second, trying to think if a good, solid reason to deny her.

He felt some one's soft tiny hand wrap around his elbow, and the way the touch affected him, the way he felt told him who it was. Her figure was stiff. He knew she was tense.