#15

Hello from the other sideeeeee!

Happy Diwaliiiiiiiii!!!!!

*****

Manik smiled.
This one line, it told him something that made his heart flutter.

She trusted him.

She had whispered it so low, it would have been difficult for him to hear what she had said had he not been watching the movement of her lips.

Had Soha not been there, he would have jumped and danced with happiness, he would have squeezed her tight, taking her in his arms, and shouted out to the world from the top of the building just how much he loved her.

But she was hurt. She was bleeding. She was in pain.
He couldn't let that continue.

"I'll be right back." He whispered, before walking towards the other side of the floor, and appeared as fast as he had disappeared,with a box in his hand.

He sat on his knees in front of her again, pulling her leg on his knee, and started applying some ointment on her pinky carefully, softly blowing air on it, as Nandini took in this sight of his caring side.

Nobody had treated her wounds before, nobody had attempted to ease her pain before, nobody had cared for her before.

And watching him care for her, watching him go against his usual behavior and be so nice to her, it just made her heart melt.

Was she falling?
Falling for this supposedly mean and ruthless man?
Had she started falling for him?

Maybe.

Manik was done with the ointment, but he sat there in the same position, softly blowing in it, doing his best to reduce, or even diminish the pain.

"Manik! I don't fucking believe this! Why are you doing this!" Soha's voice interrupted their chain of thoughts.

Manik gritted his teeth, as he exhaled deeply in frustration.

"How could you even touch this..this..little miss nobody? She's just so..tacky and middle-class!" She said, disdain dripping from her voice.
Manik had had enough of her intervention and poking of her nose into his business.

"THIS IS MY FUCKIN' LIFE AND THIS IS MY DAMN OFFICE! I DO WHATEVER I WANT AND NOBODY..I REPEAT..NOBODY CAN QUESTION ME. AND DEFINITELY NOT YOU! YOU'RE HERE TO LEARN SO MIND YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSINESS AND STAY. AWAY. FROM. ME. AND WHAT'S MINE! DO YOU UNDERSTAND!" He screamed his lungs out. It was just her first day and she had him screaming.

"Soha, this is my last warning to you. Say a single thing against Nandini, and you're out." He said, after he had gotten his breath under control.
He left the cabin, banging the door in fury.

Nandini, who took now sitting there stunned, shot up to her feet. She made her way to Manik's desk and made a quick call, before moving towards Soha. She was sobbing.

Nandini rolled her eyes.
She'll have to deal with this cry baby now.
Perfect.

She cleared her throat.

"Uh. Soha. I think you should..like..you know..with due respect..just get the hell out of here." She said.

"Who the fuck are you to tell me what to do and what not to do! This isn't your cabin, this isn't your office, and neither is Manik!" She screamed, using a tissue, trying to wipe her tears without spoiling her make up, as she sniffed.