#16

Happy New Year! (Belated)
Happy Halloween! (Also belated)😅

Again, do you wanna know more about me?

Yes? *eeeeee*

Okay. Then go here👉 the_bubblequeen
And go check her book, 'Writer Speaks' out. You'll find me there.
Pweash go and check it out, and pweash pweash pweash vote and comment as it will mean a lot to me a and the_bubblequeen please appreciate her efforts !

the_bubblequeen a shout out to you boo for doing such an amazing job which requires so much of patience and is extremely time consuming. You go girl! You're AMAZING! Thank you so much for taking the time from your busy routine to post our interviews, I really really really appreciate it!

Also, a veryyyyyyyyyy badaaaaaaa wala thank you to CraziestFanOfMaNan for nominating me and thinking me worthy enough to be a part of such an amazing event! Thank you, love!❤

*****

"The woman that I was supposed to call 'mom'."

Nandini remained silent, continuously caressing his hair, assuring him of her presence.
She didn't say anything, she gave him space, so that he can take his time, and take it all out, whatever that had been stuffed inside of him, she just wanted it all to flow out.

If he breaks, she'll be right in front of him to gather him in her arms.

If he loses it, she'll be right next to him to lead him back.

If he trips, she'll be right behind him to pick him up.

If he falls, she'll be right by her side to catch him.
Little did she know, he had already fallen, way too deep.

"She. Her. That bitc.."
He took a deep breath, trying to control his tears, as he bit back his sobs.
He just couldn't say it. He just couldn't call her that. She was his mom, no matter what.

"Manik?"
She whispered.

He heard her voice full if worry, dripping with concern.

He can do this.
He took a deep breath.

"I was four when my parents had gotten into a serious accident. It had left a major impact on my dad. He couldn't move his legs. He couldn't use them. He wasn't able to walk. The doctors said that he had..p..partial paralysis. He had lost the lower part of his body to that accident, the part below his waist, it was absolutely useless. Nothing could bring it back to life. The half part of him was just..dead. And I couldn't even do anything about it."

He stopped speaking when he saw tears in Nandini's eyes.

He instantly sat up and wiped her tears.

"Nandini.. I am so sorry..I don't want you to.."
He was saying, but Nandini held his face, cupping his cheeks with her hands.

She nodded in a no, as her glistening wet eyes pleaded him to continue.

He took a deep breath, before continuing, sitting in front of her, finding his strength and peace in her eyes.

"We..we were poor, and daddy's problem didn't really help. She had to look for a job now. She had grown miserable. She didn't want to work. But we had no other option. So we, me, my older brother, and my mom all took up jobs. She became a house maid for a rich family, which only had a father and two daughters. My brother went along with her to help her after our school, while I worked at a book store near our school. I remember, it was a two hour walk everyday, from school to home to work and back. I also had to take care of daddy, as she and my brother had all of a sudden stopped caring about him. They all of a sudden didn't care if he was alive or not. I used to buy and make him food at my expense, and clean him up and bring him his medicines. I used to study sitting right by him, all night, because i didn't have the time during the day. I had to clean up the whole shabby house before they returned. I remember, my brother and she used to yell at me, swear at me, and beat me up, for the smallest of mistakes, or quite often for no apparent reason. It hurt. It hurt so..so bad. I used to cry all night due to the pain, I couldn't sleep. And at that point, daddy was the person who consoled me. He used to run his fingers through my hair lovingly, as he lulled me to sleep. Unknowingly, we had become each other's only support."

He had gotten to his knees, his cheeks wet. He was sobbing uncontrollably.

Nandini sat on her knees and took him in her embrace, as she placed her lips on the side of his head, her fingers tangled with his hair, her cheeks covered with fresh tears.

He snuggled closer to her. His hands made their way around her waist, he softly pulled her closer to himself, resting his face against her neck, inhaling her perfume. Soon enough, he had calmed down, but he still didn't move an inch.

Nandini closed her eyes and snuggled into his arms, as she adjusted her chin against his broad, muscular shoulder, one hand on the other side of his neck, the other hand in his hair. Her soft lips were touching the side of his jaw which was covered with a day old stubble.

She felt his arms around her tighten. She pulled herself impossibly closer to his body. Her lips were pressing harder against his jaw.

They were both silent, they didn't need words to communicate, their actions spoke louder than words. Their eyes, instead of their lips, did all the talking. The bond they shared was heavenly, nothing even close to what other people can imagine.

They were two broken, lost and stranded souls, who were looking for nothing more than a home. Nothing more than happiness, nothing more than peace. Nothing more than support, nothing more than a destination.

Nothing but love.

And they discovered that it was all here, right in front of them, so close, in their arms, safe and secure.

This feeling.
The feeling of having his world in his arms, the sensation of feeling the love, the peace, the hope of a better life, his home, his destination, in his arms, pressed against him, was overwhelming.

He had found his destination, and he wasn't going to let destiny snatch it away from him. Not now, not ever.

She belonged to him now, because she was destined to.
And even if she wasn't, he would have fought with their destiny, twisted their fate, to make her his.
And he had always made sure, what belongs to him, stays with him,
What's his, stays his,
Forever.

"Manik?"
He heard her muffled voice, as he felt her lips move against his jaw.

He traced the skin on her neck with the tip of his nose in response.

"It's funny how connected our lives are." She whispered against him.

She pulled her head a little backwards, so that she could look him in the eye, his minty breath fanning her face, their lips just inches apart. Some of her hair strands had stuck to his face, as his hands softly slid them behind her ear, her eyes following the movement if his hands.

She studied his facial features before speaking again.

"Soha, she's the daughter of my stepfather."

*****

I know you guys are confused, but have faith in your little writer, I promise it will be revealed in the next chapter.

I love you guys so much! And I know you love me toooooooo! Right?😄

Yo! I really really really hope that you liked this chapter, if you did, please please please vote and comment as it means a lot to me!

Stay blessed!

#okthanksbye