#35

"Are you nervous?" Nandini asked Manik as they walked side by side towards the conference room, passing the desks and cubicles of several of his employees. 

Manik raised a perfect eyebrow at her but noticed she was pulling at the sleeves of her blazer and biting her lip in nervousness as she looked around. 

He studied her before casually dropping his hand around her waist and pulling her firm into his side. 

"I'm right here, baby. I'm right next to you" He whispered in her ears, attempting to soothe her nerves. 

Nandini sighed and nodded her head, taking in a deep breath as they stopped in front of the door that led to the beginning of an end. 

A man pushed open the door for them to walk in, and they did, settling at the front of the long, black conference table. 

Soon everybody was seated, the atmosphere tense. Nobody had any idea why had there been such an urgent meeting held at such short notice. 

Manik stood up and the room fell utterly silent, all eyes settled on him. He cleared his throat before beginning. 

"Gentlemen, this woman right here, in case you didn't know, is my girlfriend. And I expect you to treat her with as much respect as you treat me" Manik offered Nandini a hand to help her up and pulled her to his chest. He dropped a kiss on her forehead before continuing. 

Murmurs broke out and people nodded in agreement, a smile of acceptance and respect stretching across their faces. 

"As you can see, she is my life. And I would never tolerate any sort of disrespect or attempts to harm her" Manik said as he sternly studied the faces of the men surrounding them, old and young, all nodding their heads in agreement. 

"But someone" He said, balling his palms into fists, "dared to harm her yesterday"

Anger and disagreement instantly covered the faces of the men. 

"And that someone, is no one, but the owner of the Starwood chain of Boutiques, Mr. Jay Saxena and his family" Gasps and curses followed. 

"And he," He declared, "will pay for it. He. Will. Be. Destroyed"

The people nodded in absolute agreement. 

"They seem to be doing really well. The stock prices have been skyrocketing for the past few days. All I ask you to do, is to sell all of the stock you own in Starwood, call all of your investments back. We force them to buy back their own stock. This will be a huge loss for them and noting the situation they will be left in and the loss of money and resources they will experience, they are sure to go bankrupt. That is when I buy the company. The Saxena family will be left with none of the things they take so much pride in. They will have no money, no influence, no power and an extremely poor lifestyle. All the three of them will then know the importance of money, and what the struggle in the real world out there is like. And that, is when they'll be destroyed. And by the amount of things we all know about Mr. Saxena and his family, money had always come easy to them, through inheritance. But now, now they will know what it is like to be disgusting, guttural and cheap" Manik finished, his voice hard and venomous. 

~

"Jim" Manik said, studying Nandini's face to capture her reaction. 

"I was blackmailed! She blackmailed me with my baby! My Eli! She wanted me to stalk you and report everything you do back to her. I was supposed to leave you that note. And I was the one who pulled the trigger! But she had my son! She said either I pull the trigger or she would! I'm sorry! I didn't want to do it! Any of it! But I didn't know what to do! I'm so sorry! Please forgive me. My baby's waiting for me" Jim  said, letting all of it out, fearing for his life.

Manik clamped his hands into fists and took threatening steps forward, ready to punch the shit out of the man who could have injured or God forbid, even killed his life. 

A warm hand in his chest stopped him and when he moved his gaze downward, he saw her nodding her head sideways, asking him to let it go. He reluctantly tore his gaze from her to the trembling man in front of him. 

"Mr. Curtis, please. Please, the next time something like this happens, please tell us. We would never let anybody hurt your son. Please" Nandini said softly, her hand still resting on Manik's chest. 

Jim frantically nodded his head, his eyes tearing up at the tenderness in Nandini's voice. 

"You should leave now. I hope you will remember my words. We're always here" She said softly with a smile. 

Jim let out a relieved smile, his eyes still filled with those unshed tears. "I was wrong. I should have told you, but I didn't. I hope you forgive me" Jim said. 

"We do" Nandini said and smiled. 

"Goodbye, sir. Goodbye ma'am" Jim turned and said as he opened the door to leave. 

"Goodbye, Mr. Curtis. I hope you have a great day" Nandini smiled and nudged her elbow into Manik's side. He looked down and huffed. 

"Goodbye, Jim" Manik said. 

Jim smiled and looked over to the two of them that were staring at each other, arguing through their eyes before he turned to leave, pulling a hat over his head and sticking his hands into his pockets and smiling faintly. 

"Maybe fairytales are real"

*****

Please forgive the typos. :)
Yo! I really really really hope you liked this chapter. If you did, please please please vote, comment and fan as it means a lot to me!

Stay blessed!

#okthanksbye