#8

If you were asked what the enemy of love was, what would you say?

*****
Nandini didn't know what to say, what to do.

So Alya was Manik's girlfriend after all.

What was she even thinking!

Obviously he had a girlfriend like Alya. She was beautiful, hot, sexy, almost a model. And Nandini? She was as plain as bread when compared to cakes.

Nandini sighed. She left towards the cabin without saying anything.

She knocked on Manik's door.

"Come on in." She heard his voice.

She moved inside, handed him the coffee and quietly went to her desk, avoiding his gaze.

She sat down and started working on the files places on her desk. Her eyes were watery. She trying her best not to cry. After all, crying was a sign of weakness, and she was strong.

Alya's words had hurt her deep.

"He's mine."

Somewhere deep down, she had wanted to rip her head off her body for saying that. She hated her because she was Manik's girlfriend.
But why?
Why did she hate her? Why does she even care? Its his life, his choices, why does it affect her so much?

She had overheard some of her colleagues talking about Alya and Manik, on the way back to the cabin.

"Oh my God! Did you see the ring Manik sir gifted Alya ma'am? It's so pretty! I didn't know Manik sir could be so romantic! He's so handsome!"

"I know right! Alya ma'am is so lucky! I can't believe Alya ma'am asked Manik sir to keep their relationship a secret!"

"Yea. Because she doesn't want all the fame and attention of being the Manik Malhotra's girlfriend! How idiotic! Honestly, I am so jealous of Alya ma'am! I wonder how he handles such a bitch like her. She's a slutty pain in the ass."

"Well, I think its just a physical thing between them. What do you think?"

"Hm. Could be. But i seriously wish Manik sir was mine." Both the girls sighed.

Nandini walked away, tears brimming in her eyes as she sat there thinking about Manik and Alya.

She would have to come to terms with the fact that Alya was Manik sir's girlfriend.

It hurt her to think this.

She dashes towards the washroom, unable to contain her tears anymore.

She silently cried. She cried because she was hurt. She cried because she had expected too much, just too much. She cried because no one was there to comfort her. She cried because there was no one who would listen to her. No one who would hug her and take all her pain away. No one who could take all her pain away.

"Nandini!" She heard Manik sir shout her name. She quickly wipes her tears, splashed her face with water and dabbed it dry and she rushed out.
"Um. Yes?" She stood across his huge desk, trying to hide her after-sobbing sobs, tugging the strand of her that had come loose, behind her ear, her eyes studying the floor, avoiding Manik sir's gaze.

He was about to say something, but a knock on the door interrupted him.

"Come in." He commanded. He sounded irritated.

Alya walked in, eyeing Manik sir. She stood next to him, showing her the files she had brought along with her. denying to acknowledge Nandini's presence in the room.

"Sir, I would need someone to work with me for the Stevenson's project, I won't be able to do it all alone." She said, half hoping that he himself would do it. He contemplated for while, while Nandini noticed their behavior.

Either they were really good actors, or they actually had nothing between them, and maybe Alya was lying.

Maybe.
There's still hope.

To Alya's dismay, Manik turned to Nandini.
"Nandini, why don't you work with her on this project? This is the second most important deal so far. If we lose the Hampton's deal, we can still count on this one. And you are qualified enough for this project. Also, you'll get some more experience. It should be ready by the next two weeks. We don't want to lose this opportunity."

Nandini nodded instantly. This would take her mind off Manik and Alya.

"Of course, sir."

Manik nodded.
"I need those files on your desk."
Nandini nodded at him.

Manik looked at Alya who was standing there visibly drooling at Manik. He gave her a questioning look.

Alya snapped out of her desperate-dog-looking-at-a-cookie mode.

"Thank you." She said and was about to turn to leave, when she saw Nandini was walking towards him with the files.

She smirked and put her feet a little forward, so that Nandini trips over her feet. And she did.

Guess who noticed this?
You know who, don't you?

Manik

He immediately moved his chair a little, and she landed right on his lap, as the files dropped to the floor.

Alya stood there open mouthed.

Manik tightly held on to Nandini's waist, as her hands immediately flew to his broad, muscular shoulder for support. His face was in her neck,her hair strands falling on his face.

He was in heaven.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, feeling her petite figure pressed against him, inhaling her scent. She smelt of lavender. She smelt so good. He instantly felt calm and peaceful, as he forgot about everything else around him.

Her tiny waist, it was just so perfect for his arms. Her long delicate fingers grasping his shoulders, she fit in his arms perfectly.

Slowly, he felt her struggle against him. So he let her go. She slowly stood up, her cheeks flaming. He adored the adorable sight in front if his eyes. Watching her blush was such a treat. But making her blush, it took him to a whole new level of self-appreciation.

God, he was so helplessly in love that it scared him, what if she left? What if she went away from him? How would he survive?

He trusted her and knew that she won't leave him. He somehow knew that one day, she will love him too, just as much as he loves her. One day.

He saw Alya's face and wanted to laugh out loud. But decided against it. He didn't want his Nandini to be embarrassed so he decided to send Alya away.

He cleared his throat.
"Alya, you may leave now." He said.

Alya nodded, glaring at Nandini, who was avoiding everybody's gaze.

She moved towards the door,and was about to take her first step, when her feet hit something, which resulted in her losing her balance and tripping over, falling face first.

And she hit the ground, because she didn't have a true lover to protect her, not now, not ever.

He heard Nandini chuckle.

He himself grinned like a fool, seeing his love happy.

"Did this make you happy, Nandini? It did, didn't it? Okay then, Ms. Alya Saxena, bring it on!"

*****
Guys, I published a new story about werewolves. If you like this story, then please give that story a shot too, it'll be worth it I promise. Can you go to my account and have a look at it? Its right here the7thangel

Please let me know if this chapter wasn't up to your expectations okay?

Yo! I really really really hope that you liked this chapter, if you did, please please please vote and comment as it means a lot to me!

Stay blessed!

#okthanksbye