#5

Aaaaaaand we're back to Nandini.

*****
"Stop zoning out, girl!"
Nandini screamed in frustration.

"And stop smiling like that. And stop. Staring. At. Me." She said from between her gritted teeth.

Aria burst out laughing, looking at Nandini's state.

"You're so unfair! You took my biggest crush away from me! Why couldn't you find some other guy? Why me lord? Why me?" Aria said wiping her mock tears.

Nandini made a grumpy face.

"Girl, chill out he's just offered you a job. He hasn't asked you to marry him! And even if he did, it wouldn't have hurt to say yes." She winked at Nandini.

Nandini glared at her. She took a cushion and threw it at her face.

"Get our of my house right now, you traitor!"

"Aw c'mon. Fine whatever. I am going to my boyfriend." She stuck her tongue out.

She got up and moved towards the door.
She reached the door, stopped and turned.
"Don't let your past ruin you, Anna. Take each day as it comes. Just give life a chance. Please."
And she left without waiting for her answer.

"I'll try, Elsa."
Nandini sighed.

She got into her warm bed and just lay there thinking about her life. About what had happened in the past. About what is happening in the present. And what the future held for her. Her thoughts turned to that one man.

The dream of every girl, every woman, was going to become her reality.

She didn't have a past. She had a nightmare.
And that is where she lived, in her past, in her nightmare.

Will she ever be able to let go of it completely and move on?

Maybe.

_____
She woke up the next morning, all fresh and determined. She put on a shirt and skinny pants.

She liked to keep it simple. She didn't like to attract too much attention to herself. She pulled her hair up, in a ponytail, got into her boots, her face void of any make up.

No make up, no attention.
She took a deep breath, grabbed her stuff and left her house.

She had decided to give life a shot.

She reached, but a half and hour late because she had accidentally boarded the train she usually boarded to get to her ex-office. Old habits die hard.
She entered through and was awestruck. There were three separate, tall buildings, forming the three vertexes of a triangle, with a few shorter buildings surrounding them, and one shirt one right in the middle of the three, connecting them. The buildings were huge. They were all shiny and magnificent. They stood right in front of her in all its glory, its windows shining due to the sun. They were three of the tallest buildings in Manhattan.

She was stunned. This was nothing like her old office. Her old office was just...old.

What had she done to deserve to work at such an amazing place, she wondered.

She took a deep breath and walked in.

A blast of cool sweet scented air welcomed her, along with some occasional murmur of people in the sit and wait area and the lounge, talking. The furniture, the designs, the walls, the floor, everything was exquisite and elegant. It walls were beige and the furniture was mostly black or white. There was a huge and beautiful diamond chandelier hanging in the middle of the huge lobby, with little ones surrounding it, which gave off yellow lights. It smelled exotic. There was a small fountain in the corner, with some plants scattered around the hall.