~Convincing~

We're at school outside of my locker talking. We don't say anything about it but I know me and Zach are both thinking of the kiss that we had yesterday. After the kiss, I haven't stopped smiling and the moment keeps replaying in my head like a broken record. 

"Autumn, Ryan and Nicole are making their way over here" Zach quickly explained to me in the middle of the conversation. But unlike last time, we have a plan and we are going to stick together. As soon as Ryan and Nicole reach us I start speaking before either of them can get a word in

"Hey Nicole, hey Ryan, have you met my new boyfriend? His name is Zach" I say to the both of them and then turn around and kiss Zach. Nicole's jaw drops as she takes in what is happening. Ryan is as equally surprised. A hint of jealousy flashes in his eyes and I give a small smile. Perfect. Even though my main reason was to embarrass them, I also enjoyed that I got to kiss Zach. Again. Even though we are only pretending to be a couple, I someday want us to be real.

"When did you get a new boyfriend!?" Nicole exclaims in disbelief.

"Oh only a few days after you betrayed me" I reply 

I watched the guilt wash over Nicole's face. I felt bad for her. I mean, I know she betrayed me but surely she didn't mean it. Either way, I did enjoy the seeing them walk away. 

"Did you see their faces?" Zach bursts out laughing

"I know!" I laugh too.

We walk back to the cafeteria, and Zach puts his arm around my shoulder. 

"um, what are you doing?" I ask him

"Well if we are going to pretend to be a couple, we have to fool everyone else, don't we? Zach explains, well it almost sounded like an excuse. I don't complain about it anyways, I mean come on! Zach Evans has his arm around my shoulder. I bite my lip because I have no idea what is going on with my emotions. Just as I do, Zach looks down at me and smiles.

"You are so cute when you bite your lip" 

I give a little laugh and lean on him, resting my head against him as we keep walking. He gives me a questioning look and I wink back at him. Somehow that makes him roar with laughter and seeing him laughing automatically makes me laugh.

After School

" I'll drive you home if you want?" Zach asks me as we walk out of school together.

"Sure, but we can't take too long because mom wanted me home early today," I reply

"That's fine" Zach looks a little sad, but I know that we will definitely see each other again soon.

As Zach drives me home I watch the world go by outside of us. It feels like it is only me and Zach in this entire world and I couldn't be more thankful. As we pull over outside my house, I look up a Zach and he is already looking at me. I get hypnotized by his eyes again and he just smiles. God. There is just something about that boy that makes my heart stop every time I look at him. I give him a little smile and start to get out of the car.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" I ask him 

"Not if I call you first" he replies with a cheeky little grin on his face

He is so adorable

"OK fine but only after dinner" I have to say knowing that he would probably call me the second I left the car if I didn't. He gives me a little smile as I close the car door and walk up my driveway.

This boy fixes everything.