~Girls night!~

Shoot. It's almost 7pm.

"Zach, mum wants me home soon so I better go"

"Aww do you really have to go?" He gives me his best puppy dog eyes. I give a little giggle

"Yes Zach; but I'll see you tomorrow" I give him a quick kiss on the cheek as I grab my stuff and head to the car.

"Bye sunshine!" He calls out. I give a smile as I close the car door. I quickly send a message to mum.

Leaving now! Be home soon <3

Home

As I walk through the front door, I am greeted by the smell of popcorn on the bench.

"Oh you're back!" I hear mum call out from the kitchen.

"Yep!"

"Ok well, I have a bunch of things planed out for us..." Mum starts "we could start by watching a movie together, then having a kind of 'spa day' you know, facial masks and things."

"Sounds great! Let start with the movie" I reply to mum with an optimistic attitude as we start our girls night. We start watching The Devil Wears Prada while eating popcorn out of our bowl. Just as I am bursting with laughter I get a text from Zach

How's girls night going? ;-) xx can't wait to see you tomorrow. Z xxx

Just watching a movie now <3 text you after it ends. Xx A

I put my phone down and smile at mum.

"I'll go make us some hot chocolates alright?" Mum asks me

"Oh yes please!" I say very enthusiastically. I grab a handful of popcorn before sitting back to watch the movie again. Not long after finishing our hot chocolates, the movie plays the credits and we switch the tv off.

"Movie, check! Snacks, check! Spa day, coming!" I give a little laugh at mums very excited attitude. I pick up our hot chocolate mugs and grab the popcorn bowl as I walk to the kitchen. As I walk back into the lounge I see mum already setting up magazines and beauty products on the coffee table.

"So, what should we do first?" I ask.

"Do you want to start with nail polish? So while that is drying we can talk?" Mum replies

"Great!" I say back to her. I walk over to where all of the nail polish is set up and I choose a lavender purple kind of colour.

"What colour do you want?" I ask mum. She walks over to where all of the nail polish is and picks out a red. Typical mums. Wait. I forgot to text Zach. I send him a quick text

Movie's finished. Having a mini spa day now! Call you later xxx A

I put my phone in my pocket and start painting my nails.

"So..." Mum begins "what's happening with you and Zach?" She looks up at me. I instantly smile at the thought of him.

"Well, as of yesterday, we are officially a couple!" I blurt out with a huge smile.

"What! That is huge news Autumn! I'm so happy for you sweetie!" Mum is really enthusiastic.

"Yeah, he told me he loved me... And I told him that I loved him..." Mums face softens as she replies.

"I think I already knew that. He makes you much happier than you have been for a long time, I'm not sure if you have noticed or not though... And the way he looks at you shows me that he meant what he said" I give her a genuine smile as I say
"Thanks mum."

"Anyways! What are your plans for the summer holidays? Because you are now officially on holiday sweetie!" Mum changes the subject.

Wait. What?!

"Huh?" Was all I could manage to say.

"You are now on holiday! Did you forget?" I am filled with butterflies as excitement. It is the holidays and I get to spend every second of it with Zach. AHHHHHHHH!

"OMG YAY" I almost shout at mum. She laughs at my excitement. I give her an apologetic smile but can't contain my excitement. I pull out my phone and send Zach a message.

OMG I just realised that we are now on holiday! Can't wait to spend it with you! Xxxx A (very excited!)

Yep, officially on holiday! And I don't think I could survive a day of it without you, it's hard enough right now! See you for the first day of holidays tomorrow xxx Z

Was his reply. I can barley stop myself from jumping up and down right now.

"Earth to Autumn? Ready for face masks now?" I hear mum say to me.

"Definitely."