~Dancing All Night~

As we are driving back to school for the ball I get a message from Penny.

We're here! We are just waiting outside the doors xx see you soon!

"Penny and Caleb are waiting outside the front door" I explain to Zach.

"Ok cool" he says as we pull into the parking lot. We get out of the car and walk up to Penny and Caleb.

"Hey!" Penny squeals excitedly

"Hey Penny! Reading to dance all night long 'till our feet hurt?" I match her excitement and add a wink.
"Heck yes!" Was her reply. She links her arm through mine and we start walking inside. I give a backwards glance and Zach and try to send him a look that says sorry. He gives me a look that says don't worry, I'll see you inside. I give him a thankful smile and let Penny drag me inside. The first thing I notice is the music. It is booming from the speaker system that the school has set up. The next thing I notice is the people. Everyone is jumping up and down, some with friends and others with dates. Speaking of which, I turn to see my date walk inside. I give him a smile and wink then get dragged off by Penny.
"This is amazing!" Penny says with wide eyes.

"It is, isn't it? Don't you think you should be experiencing it with your date though?" I suggest to Penny. She flashes me a face that suggested she forgot she had a date.
"Right, I'll guess I'll see you later then! Have fun with Zach" she adds with a wink and then rushes off to find Caleb. Just as I am about to go find Zach, I feel someone wrap their arms around my waist and whisper in my ear
"My turn" I turn and give Zach a big smile.
"Of course!" He takes my hand and leads me to the dance floor. The song 'Disturbia' is playing by Rihanna and I start laughing as me and Zach jump around dancing to it. We keep on dancing for quite a few more songs, but after a while I'm getting a bit thirsty.
"Zach, can we get something to drink?"
"Sure" he leads me away from everyone who is dancing and goes to get us some drinks. I sit down at a table near by. Penny sees me and walks over.
"How's the ball going?" She asks.
"So far, amazing but tiring!" I give her an exasperated smile.
" I agree! Hey, once we get something to drink, want to dance together?" I smile at the offer
"Sounds perfect!" Just as I finish, Zach walks over holding our drinks.
"Hey ladies" Zach says with a cheeky smile on his face.
"Hey Zach, is it ok if I steal Autumn from you for a while?" Penny asks with a wink.
"Do I have to give her away? Yeah that's fine Penny" Zach adds with a smile.
"Great!" Penny grabs my arm and pulls me onto the dance floor.

"Penny!" I give a little laugh. She just gives me a wink. 'Let me love you' is playing so me and Penny laugh out loud and start dancing. We scream the lyrics at each other and laugh even more. After 5 more songs Penny says to me
"Should we go find our dates? I think they are going to play some slow songs soon and we should probably be with the boys when that happens" she gives a little laugh at the end. I agree and we start to search through the crowd. We don't let go of each other's hand because we would loose each other if we did. I suddenly spot Zach with his brown hair and I tell Penny that I can see them. We walk over and explain.
"They are going to play some slow songs soon and so we came back"
"So does that mean I get my Autumn back?" Zach asks Penny.
"Yes, and I get my Caleb" she walks over to Caleb.
"I'm back" she says to him.
I look up at Zach and he has his eyes on me.
"You're mine now" he says to me with a grin. We walk to the dance floor and sure enough, they are playing some slow songs. Zach puts his arms around my waist and I rest my arms on his chest while my hands are on his shoulders. I rest my head on him as he pulls me closer. I could stay like this forever I think. I slip my hands off his shoulders and wrap them around his neck. We stay like this the whole song. After the song ends I look back up at Zach and he has his cute little smile on his face. I smile back at him as he leads us back to the table.
"Hey, are you tired?" Zach asks me, and in truth, I am very tired.
"Yes" I say as I give him an exasperated sigh.
"Do you want to go home?"
I gasp
"But what about the ball?!"
"Don't worry, I was thinking we could just head home, change into some comfy clothes and watch a movie or something" he answers. Well, that does sound nice......
"Ok, but let me find Penny first, I don't want her to think that I'm ditching her"
"That's fine". I rush off to find Penny, who is still dancing with Caleb.
"Hey, me and Zach are just going to head off because we both are quite tired. I'll talk with you tomorrow?" I quickly explain to Penny.
"Oh ok, we'll see you tomorrow then!"
"Yep! Have fun" I give her a quick hug and then go back to Zach.
"Let's go" I tell him. Just as we are about to leave, I see a familiar face walk up to me.
"Where are you two going?" Nicole. I sigh. I really don't need this right now.
"We are just tired Nicole, ok?"
"Oh that's fine, I just wanted to say hi" she flashes me a sickly sweet smile.
"I'll meet you in the car" I say to Zach. He understands and walks to the carpark.
"What do you want Nicole?" I say as I roll my eyes.
"Do you really think Zach actually likes you?" Her question took me by surprise.
"Well I-I" but before I could finish Nicole continues talking.
"Because I mean, come on! Zach Evans is one of the hottest and most popular guys in school, so why would he go out with someone as ugly as you?" I start to feel my confidence slip away. I know Zach is hot and popular...
"If you ask me, he is just trying to make you feel better about your heartbreaker over Ryan and me. Zach Evans would never, in a million years, like someone as plain as you Autumn Anderson." She turns and leaves me standing as a shaken mess. Does Zach even like me? Or is he just pretending like Nicole said..... I walk back to Zach's car and get in. Instantly, as if Zach can see right through me he asks
"Is everything ok?"
"Oh umm yeah everything is fine, just a bit tired that's all" I try to cover up my emotions with a lie. He looks at me like he knows I lied, but he doesn't say anything. We head home and tiredness finally takes over me. I push myself up and walk inside. Does Zach Evans like me? The question keeps nagging in my head.