~Let's Fly Away~

Autumn's POV

I'm clutching the handle of my suitcase as I roll it into the airport. I am almost jumping up and down from the excitement. As soon as I see the Evans family I run towards them. I fling myself into Zach and into a hug.

"Hey there sunshine!" Zach says through a laugh.

"Hey" I say back, breathless from the excitement. When I pull back from the hug I am reminded of just how hot Zach is and, out of old habits, I look in his eyes. His crystal blue eyes hypnotising me once again, in fact, I think they will always hypnotise me. Does Zach know that he does that to me? Do I do anything like that to him? I smile at Zach who is probably thinking about the holiday we are about to have. I hear my mum calling to Mrs Evans, and my little brother shouting out to Emily playfully. I turn around to them and not wanting to wait anymore I say

"Can we go now?"

"Ok, we still need to check our bags onto the plane... so everyone follow me!" Mr Evans replies. We all walk over to a women in purple and black, who is tapping her finger nails on her desk. When she sees us coming her way she stands up and smiles at us, like we are one happy family.

After our bags are checked in, Mr Evans looks around then tells us that we need to go through security check. I hate security check. I always find those machines so scary. We reach the long queue of frustrated people, wanting to get to the their gates in time.

After 10 minutes of shuffling slowly forward, we get to the top of the line.

"Ok, everyone, just put your carry on bags and anything made of metal on these trays"  the security man shouts out to the crowd repetitively. I chuck my jean backpack on one of the grey trays, and I take my friendship bracelet off too. Suddenly the machines are towering over top of me. I feel Zach's light touch on my lower back, encouraging me to move forward. I look up at him and he gives me an understanding smile, telling me that everything will be fine. I notice that he is silently laughing to himself. I know, it is stupid to be afraid of these type things. I approach the machine, worried if the alarm is going to go off and embarrass me. I hold my breath and walk through towards the security guard on the other side. I'm safe, no alarm! I smile awkwardly at the guard and go to collect my bag.

"Alright!" Mr Evans pulls his ticket out from his brown pocket and points towards gate 34, "that way!" I grab hold of Zach's hand as we walk towards the waiting seats. I sit down next to Zach.

"What time is it?" I asked, still holding onto his arm.

"11:30am, we still have 45 minutes before we board the plane, so..." Zach pulls out a fifty dollar note, "...do you want to grab something to eat?" He raises his eyebrow.

"Sure, our first Airport date!" I laugh then look up at him. Zach is looking through my eyes, and into my soul (I guess the eye is the window to see into the soul).

"Ok, let's go. Hey mum? Autumn and I are going to go get something to eat before the flight" Mrs Evans nods then turns back to talking with my mum and Mr Evans. For some reason ...talking about ... curtains for the living room? weird.

"What do you feel like? Burger? Pizza? Or... donuts?" He looks around for more options, but turns back to me.

"How about pizza?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Pizza it is" We start walking towards Pizza Hut.

Boarding The Flight

As we wait in line to be seated on the plane, I grip onto Zach's arm and a little squeal escaped me.
"I call dips on window seat" I quickly say before Zach can.

"Aww man! I wanted the window seat, but you can have it only because I love you so much" he says to me in a joking manner. I give him a quick peck on the cheek. Finally we are allowed to take our seats and I practically pull Zach behind me and I hear him laugh to himself. Our parents have arranged that me and Zach sit together and our families sit in front of us. I race to the window seat and wait for Zach to catch up. I smile up at him as he sits down next to me.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd think that this was your first time on a plane" Zach says to me. I give him a sheepish smile.

"Well, I haven't been on one since I was really young"

"Ahh of course! Can I just say, you are really cute right now"

"And you look really hot...as always" I say back to him with a bit of banter. He just laughs and gives me a quick kiss.

"How did I survive my whole life without you?" He looks down at me and I melt in his gaze. I bend down to my jean bag, and pull out a golden blanket big enough for us to share. I drape it over the both of us. The flight to Lake O'Hara is 13 hours, so we might as well get comfy. 

Why does Zach's Bach have to be on the other side of the world? Seriously? Canada? Well I do suppose that is where they came from... and it is nice getting to go to Winter Wonderland with Zach. 

 I snuggle my head onto Zach's shoulder as I pull the golden blanket up to my chin. Just as I was organising myself., one of the air hostesses made her way down the isle, checking that everyone has their seatbelt on, and their luggage stowed away. 

I suddenly feel my stomach swirling around, and I am being pushed slightly back. We're moving!  

"We're moving!" I look at Zach, and then laugh because of how croaky my voice sounded from taking off. I hold onto Zach's biceps and imagine how spending the Christmas with Zach will be like. Cold. Snowmen. Snow fights. Hot tub. Ahhhhh sounds so relaxing, and if I haven't mentioned ... THE BEST CHRISTMAS EVER.  

Thanks everyone! We hope you enjoyed this chapter xxx Next one will be coming soon - Cloud_Queens xoxo