~ The Grand Finalé~

The Grand Finalé // The final chapter!//

Authors Note:

Hello, readers! Guess what? This is the last chapter of 'Faking Isn't Enough'...OMG! But don't worry, there is going to be a sequel and can you guess who it's about? Only our favourite couples best friend... Anyways, this chapter is set a couple of years ahead - Autumn and Zach are now 23. Hope you guys enjoy the last chapter! And since this is the last, it will be a nice long one with lots of entertainment for you! Comment what you think of our completed book as well xxx hope this was worth the wait! 

~ Cloud_Queens

~~~~~~~~~

"Yes, yes I know!" how long can this go on for?

"You said you'd have it done by Friday, it's Sunday, where are the last few pages of the draft?"

" Well Friday was a bit too soon but I could send it in by Thursday"

"Autumn, I don't pay you to be late. I want the final copy on my desk by Tuesday the latest, do you understand?"

"T-Tuesday? Um, I will try"

"I want more than just 'try'. When I walk in on Tuesday morning, I'm going to see a printed copy of the magazine and my coffee. Do you hear me?"

"Y-yes, on your desk by Tuesday, got it"

"Good" as my boss hangs up I hear the start of Zach's car so I run down to catch him before he goes.

"Zach!"

"Hey, Sunshine! What's up?" Zach opens his window and peeps out.

"Do you want to go out to the beach or something? Or maybe out for lunch when you get back?"

"Um, look, I can't" Zach takes his gaze off me and stares into a daydream or something. Zach has been quite odd lately, it almost seems like he has been avoiding me.

"Why not?" you can't blame me for asking, I mean I have been his girlfriend for almost four years now and I think I'm allowed to know what's going on.

"U-uh, I have to um," It's pretty obvious that he is trying to make up an excuse so I just make it easy for him.

"It's fine, you're busy" as he leaves, a shiver runs down my spine, a shiver that is desperate to know why he is lying to his Sunshine. I shake the thought off. If Zach wants to tell me something, he will. Until then, I'll just have to get my life together and focus on my work. I walk back inside and sit down at my desk. I sit there for hours, tapping my fingers just hoping that an idea will enter my mind. My phone pings from a message and I look over to see my boyfriends name.

Hey, sunshine, sorry that we couldn't go to the beach today. I love you, I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight beautiful xxx Z.

I smile at his message knowing that I don't need to worry about Zach avoiding me.

It's fine. I'll see you tomorrow xx A

P.s. you better have some kisses for me because of the lack of them today ;)

I send back. I look at the time and sigh. 12:37am. I need to go to bed. I wish Zach was with me, the bed always feels warmer when he's next to me. I drowsily walk towards my room and fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

I wake up in the morning and check my phone. My screen lights up with messages from Zach and I swipe open my phone to see what they are.

I love you.