~ A Little ~

"Embrace the glorious mess that you are" ~ Elizabeth Gilbert

Autumns POV:

What in the world of worlds could have made Zach show himself at my house? He can't just come running back to me after accusing me of cheating on him.

A sudden chill shivers its way down my spine - the feeling that I use to get when I'm around Zach. It's coming back. I really didn't want to upset myself anymore, so I try to speed things up.

"Look, Zach, if you're here to say something about me cheating on you or something like that, then I would prefer it if you go"

"I came to apologise. I should have known you didn't cheat on me" as Zach brings his hand up to push the hair away from his face, I see his knuckles - all bruised and damaged.

"Zach, what happened to your knuckles?" he hides his hands behind his back.

"Oh, that's nothing" his jaw clenches and he doesn't make eye contact with me. Then I had this terrible thought that it might have been me who caused Zach to do that.

"Did I do that?" I start to tear up at the fact that he was hurting himself because of me.

"No, it wasn't you, I was just a little bit stressed"

"A little?" The waterworks start to come. These past weeks have been by far the worst, and I hate staying away from Zach. But now that I know that he has been stressing about me, maybe it doesn't have to stay this way. But I don't know whether it is the right thing to do? If it will bring back more drama, or if Zach and I are just not meant to be together.

"No, baby, don't cry." Zach tries to wipe my tears away.

"Don't call me baby." I say to him as I grab his hand.

"We-we need to go inside." I realise. If Zach wants to talk, we can't do it outside in the rain. He stands looking at me for a moment longer before nodding and walking through the door. There is a moment when he passes me that I feel his hand brush past mine. I try to hold the tears back again. I follow Zach into the lounge and fold my arms over my chest as a gesture for him to explain. It takes every ounce of me not to walk right up to Zach and hug him.

"Autumn, you must know that I have always loved you. I was too paranoid about you being with someone else that I let it ruin our relationship. These past few weeks have been tearing me apart, Autumn. I realised that I threw away probably the most precious part of both of our lives. Autumn, I can't say how sorry I am and that if I could, I would go back to that moment and stop it. I never wanted us to end up like this. Please, say something." Zach explains. His eyes are desperate. His blue, hypnotising eyes. The tug on my heart gets too much to bear.

"Zach lets get one thing straight. I did not cheat on you. I loved you, Zach and I still do. In the weeks after our breakup, I tried to get over you and I thought I had, but when you turned up here at my house, it took everything inside me not to cry and run to you. I would love for all of this to be put behind us and for us to become a couple again, but I think we need to take it a bit slower this time. Thank you for coming here to apologise, Zach. Yes, you did throw away the only place I felt safe but I think we have both learned how important we are to each other." I respond with more confidence than I felt.

"Does that mean you forgive me?" Zach meekly asks.

"I'll try my best." I answer honestly.

"So are we OK now?" He clarifies. I nod. A smile breaks over his beautiful face.

"Does that mean I can kiss you?" He asks. His question takes me by surprise.

"Sorry..." Zach sees the surprise on my face and assumes that I wouldn't want that.

"Zach you stupid boy, yes you can kiss me. I couldn't stand not kissing you for these past weeks." My heart flutters as Zach walks up to me and just out of habit, my arms find their way around his neck and his hands around my waist. I close my eyes and wait for the moment that I have been craving for the last weeks. Zach's body is still soaking wet, but his body heat and warmth are still as comforting as if he wore sweats. I feel his lips meet mine and his sweet caramel honey taste floods my senses. He gently bites my lip and a familiar pang of happiness floods over me. Once again, tears find their way down my face but out of happiness this time. Zach instantly pulls away, worry clearly showing in his eyes.

"I'm sorry." Zach searches my face to try and find out why I started my crying. I shake my head.

"They're happy tears. Sorry. That was my fault." My eyes glance down.

"Maybe we should hold on the kisses, how about we just chill on the couch?" Zach suggests. I let him lead me towards the couch where I lie down next to Zach. My head rests on his shoulder and his arm wraps around mine.

And that's where Penny and Caleb found us, both asleep in each other's arms.

Hey guys!!! What do you think about our main lovers? Thoughts? Did you think Autumn made the right decision?? Don't really have that much too say.... see you next chapter! xxxx ~ Cloud_Queens