~A little bit of fun...~

"If you never chase your dreams, you will never catch them." - Unknown

Autumn's P.O.V

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am lying in my big puffy cloud bed reading Harry Potter for the third time. I am up to a really boring part where they are just talking so I chuck the book to the end of the bed and flop back down. The view is amazing - the sky is bright blue, fresh snow covers the boat ramp outside, and the sun is just rising over the foggy hills. My eyes close for a few seconds when I realise that I'm going to fall asleep again and I don't want that to happen since there are things that I wanna do today.

I throw the sheets off me and walk to my closet. My gigantic closet.

"Hmmm.... what should I wear?" I mumble to myself under my breath, particularly looking at a really cute top I got for Christmas last year. It's grey cotton shirt with a white bunny on it. I grabbed the shirt with some black sweatpants pants (don't worry, I still look cute!). I run down stairs, take an apple from the bowl (I am still full from last night's sausages...) and slip my feet into my yellow gumboots. My feet sink into the fresh powder as I run to where I think has the most snow. As I look up towards Zach's room, I can see him standing on the balcony with a huge smile on his face.

"Are you coming to help me build a snowman or what?" I yell, still smiling. He rolled his eyes playfully then went back in his room. I start to gather up the snow to make a snowman, but I look up and find a boy getting of a boat. He has golden blonde hair with light streaks, and his honey eyes are very attractive. Snap out of it! I am Zach's, and Zach is mine. I stare blankly at him wondering who he is and what he is doing here.

"Hey gorgeous, I've never seen you before..." He winks at me as he stops in front of me.

"Um, I'm staying here for Christmas with the Evan's" I say.

"You know Zach?" He asks me.

"Yeah, he's my boyfriend" I am starting to get a bit irritated by the boy, I mean... he called me gorgeous and I really don't want him to flirt with me.

"Oh... I didn't expect him to find a girlfriend so quickly" He gives a little chuckle.

"So, who are you"

"I'm Jay, Zach's best friend" He replies. If Jay was Zach's best friend then why was Zach so disappointed when he found out that Jay was coming?

"Um... Zach has been in New Zealand for three years now... I think he would have moved on" I raise my one eyebrow and Jay copies me.

"Oh really now? So who is his best friend now?"

"Me" I simply reply continuing on my snowman .

"Hmm..."There was some awkward silence until I look up at Jay. He kicks some snow into my face and starts cracking up laughing. My mouth drops.

"Oh. No. You. Didn't." I said slowly so that he can understand where I'm going. He tilts his head. Then when he doesn't expect it I grab a handful of snow and throw it at his face.

"Hahaha" I start laughing.

Then I hear a door slam. I look over my shoulder and find Zach standing there in complete shock.

"Zach! My man!" Jay starts to walk to Zach with his arms open. Zach's face stays strait.

"Jay" Zach walks past Jay towards me and offers me a hand. he pulls me off the ground and I land straight in his arms. He gives me a quick kiss then faces Jay.

"You are two days early, Jay" Still holding me.

"Two days early doesn't hurt. Besides, I get to know this young fella more" He was pointing at me.

"Her name is Autumn and she is my girlfriend.'Besides' you can't just barge in acting as if everything is fine and nothing happened after something huge happened" Zach's face was still straight. I wonder what happened between the two of them?

Jay shrugs and makes his way to the house.

"Wanna build that snowman?" His face turns sweet again after what just happened. My face lightens up.

"Sure!"

*****

"So Jay, how has life been in the past 3 years?" Mrs Evans asks Jay. Zach is looking down at his plate with an annoyed expression on his face. I reach over and rest my hand on his and curl my fingers around his. He gives me a little forced smile and looks back down at his plate.

"Um, pretty good. Mum and everyone are doing fine and school is still, well, school. So yeah. Everything is good." Jay vaguely answers.

"Oh, that's um... nice." You can just feel the awkwardness hanging in the air.

"Mum, me and Autumn are going to go check out the tide." Zach grabs my hand as he stands up and pushes his chair back.

"Oh, well how about you take Jay with you?" Mrs Evans suggests. Zach gives a little flinch. I don't think anyone noticed but I did. Jay has a big grin creep up his face and honestly, it kinda gives me chills.
"Yeah Zach, let me come! It will give a chance to get to know your girlfriend a little more." Zach gives Jay a glare that says 'back off' and Jay simply laughs and swings his arm around Zach's shoulder.
"Hey" I quietly say to Zach. He looks at me and I give him a smile. He relaxes a bit and I internally sigh. Why does he hate Jay so much? What happened 3 years ago that was so bad it ended their friendship? I'll have to ask him later when we are alone.
"Fine." Zach answers through gritted teeth.