Chapter 33: The Feeling

"Where's Chace?" I walk out of our room still half asleep. "It's only 9 something"

"He went out to buy some groceries like maybe 2 hours ago." Phoebe looking at the wall clock.

"Okay, thanks. I'll just call him" Entering back to the room, taking my phone by the bedside table. Lon pressed  3 on speed dial.

Why isn't he picking up?

I anxiously bit my nail.

Pick up.

Then it went straight to voicemail. "It's me, just checking. Call me later." I then ended the call.

I sat down at the edge of the bed still with the feeling, it feels like something was wrong. I couldn't shake the feeling off, I called home Dad answered that everything was alright and fine but there was just something.

***

CHACE'S P.O.V

"Nothing more to be added?" Asking again before finally leaving for the groceries.

"The milk?" Amy asks

"Listed" I checked. "I'll go now!" I went down to the apartment garage to buy. As I park my car by the store, I saw a familiar figure getting out of a car.

"Dad?" I looked closely. Hopped out of the car to him, when a little boy maybe aged 3 run and tag on his leg.

"Gabrielle!" A woman called out as the little boy continues to giggle as so was Dad. "Let go of your father's leg or you might trip!" She scolded.

"Don't be silly, he's just a kid" Dad scooping the boy carrying him.

"You're spoiling him too much Babe" The woman walked beside him as he wraps his arm on her waist. I was so damn hurt, my fist was aching in a tight ball. Walking to their position I thought of the things he lied about when he first stepped into our home again.

"I want our relationship back to where it was before, from the time when everything was still okay and happy," he said as he was standing next to mom holding her hand. "I'm so sorry! I will from now on be the father this family deserves. I promise you all that."

It was all just bullshits!

"Yeah, maybe you're spoiling him too much Dad!" I blocked their way heading to their car.

"Chace?" His expression was like he'd seen a ghost.

"Hi! My name is Chace Wayne. It is such a pleasure meeting you." I offered my hand to her but she was nervous that she couldn't look at me. "Okay. Is he my little brother?" I checked. "He looks just like his dad." Emphasizing the word.

"Chace let's talk" he said with a concerned face.

"No need, I got the message" Smirking.

"Son." He spoke. Words feel like poison coming from him.

"Don't bother" looking at them both with disgrace. "Good luck on your divorce" I pat his shoulder as I left my message for him. I heard him call several times but seems like nothing, I felt nothing at the time. No pain, No worries, No anger just nothing.

I didn't notice that I was there sitting inside the car for an hour most. I heard my phone ringing that pulled me out of my deep thoughts.

Cassie

"She must have just woken up."

I stepped out of the car with some of the groceries I happened to still buy and head back to the apartment. Sucking a deep breath as I opened the door.

"Finally!" Amy said taking the bags off my hands.

"Chace!" I heard Cassie called, I saw her just moments after she exits the room. I wanted to give her a smile but  I couldn't make my lips to do it. "Hey, what's wrong?" She seems to easily notice.

"Nothing, I'm just tired" I spoke.

"You sure?" Caressing my cheeks.

"Yeah" I nodded.

"Okay, did you had breakfast already?" She pulled me to get to the kitchen. But I jerked my hand off that caused a shock expression on her face.

"I'm tired, I wanna rest." I simply stated, she nodded and I then walk back to the room.

****

CASSIE'S P.O.V

He said that nothing was wrong but why does it seem like there is. I went inside the room just to check if he was now sleeping.

What's wrong Chace?

"Pssst! Cas!" Michael and the other girl peeping by the door. I mouthed them Go but was so stubborn not to follow.

"What?" I mumbled to them.

"Come outside" He said. I lastly looked at Chace then went out of the room. "Is there something wrong between you two?" Maggie has her hands on her waist.

"None" I answered heading to the couch.

"Then what was the scene about?"

"What scene?" I ask taking some of the chips on the table.

"Don't play dumb on us" she stomps her foot. I roll my eyes before answering.

"Nothing was wrong, he was just tired and probably not feeling well" I explained crossing my leg rest it on the table.

"That was-"

"He was just tired, nothing to be worried about. The end, period." I said not letting her finish her sentence.

"Ca-" Pheobe was about to say something but I looked at them seriously.

"Nothing is wrong. N-O-T-H-I-N-G, clear?" They all nodded.

Well, at least I hope so.