Chapter 39: Trip

"Could you please hurry!" Pheobe impatiently tapping her shoe, waiting for Amy.

"Why do you need all those bags?" Maggie puzzled with Amy's 3 bags.

"Could you just help me?" Struggling to pull all her bags. Maggie took one and almost fall down to the ground as she put in on her shoulder.

"Is your house somewhere inside here?" She complains.

"Let me help you." I offered as I fixed my backpack. "Woah! This is definitely heavy." As I realized.

"Told ya!" Maggie said.

"Hurry!" Pheobe on the stairs on the bus "I don't wanna sit out back."

As we finish stocking Amy's stuff, we exhaustedly sat down to our seats.

"That was darn heavy!" I told Amy. She gave me a cheeky smile.

"I had to bring my cutest outfits" she said crossing her arm.

"Maybe you're whole closet" Pheobe teasing.

"We'll only be there for the weekend Amy, not the whole summer." Maggie as she stretches her shoulder. "It hurts." As she groans.

"Sorry." Amy said with a pouty lip.

As we were being settled in our seats and ready to go. Chace entered the bus.

"I thought he wasn't coming." Maggie muttered as she was sitting next to me. I didn't say a word. He went out back to an empty seat, pulling out his headphones and rested.

"I think we are all here now. The trip is for 3 hours so we'll probably get by twilight just rest well." One of the personnel in charge of the trip instructed.

***

"Not again Amy!" Maggie complaining as Amy was dragging her to help with the bags. "Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh" stomping her feet like a kid.

"I know you love me, so help me" Amy giving her the bag.

"You are totally wrong, I hate you for these." Taking the bag and the pillow.

"Cassie, little help too." She said pointing in the other bag. I let out a sigh before grabbing it but before I do, someone took it.

"I'll help" Dawson picking it up.

"Thank you" Smiling in luck. "Happy that you are here."

"I know you wanted to spend some time with me so I couldn't pass the opportunity." He winks.

"When will your cocky attitude fade?"

"Ahhhhhmm." Pretending to be thinking "Maybe never." He pinches my nose and run towards the resort entrance.

"I'll get you for it!" I shouted running after him. As I entered the hotel lobby, I was instantly amazed by it's welcoming vibe and atmosphere. "So refreshing!"

"Gather round!" The personnel in-charge gestured to come near. "2 people in each room, the room will be handed out to you by Juggy so as the room keys. So go rest on and unpack."

"Yes, Mr. Dale!" We all answered.

Juggy gave out the handout and to my surprise, my roommate was Megan.

Is the world punishing me or something?

"Goodluck!" Pheobe giving me a comforting pat on the shoulder. Before heading to her room with Maggie.

"Do you want to switch?" Amy offered.

"I wouldn't, I don't want you to kill her in her sleep." Looking at Megan, who's all over Chace now.

"I wasn't going that far, maybe just shaving all of her hair off first." I simply laugh from her words.

"It's fine. Go now." I push her slightly to her way.

"Okay, tell me if you ever change your mind." She winks.

"Thanks, I'll keep that in mind."

***

I was arranging my things in our shared closet when she entered the room.

"Isn't it unfortunate." She commented.  Just ignoring her. "The ex and girlfriend is sharing a room." I swallowed in, trying to not let her affect me. "Isn't it amusing? Who could have thought we'll be in this kind of situation. Oh but don't get any wrong idea, If Chace visits it's not for you." She smirks. "Just reminding."

I couldn't let her words get into me. So to avoid her, I left our room not minding my unfinished arranging. Walking around the resort, I find it was quite big. The sea breeze is well soothing and relaxing.

Sitting down the sand throwing some stones in the water, when someone rose from the water and in coinsidence, he was hit by the rock.

"Ouch!" He rubs the area in which he was hit. I quickly stood up, hands on my mouth shocked.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't know. You okay?" I yelled out to where I was. The water was probably cold so I don't wanna went into it.

"Just be careful" he said

"It was dark and I thought no one was here. I'm so sorry." I was panicking biting my nail. I couldn't quite see his face from the dim light of the night. He went out the water as a little light hit his face that only I know that it was Dawson. "Oh geesssh!" I hit him the arm.

"Ouch! Not yet contented with the rock hitting my head?" He was now rubbing his arm.

"Let me see?" I pulled his head down to check any bleeding. "Were clear!" I sighed in relief.

"I can let you hit me all day so that I can be this close to you." He was looking straight to my eyes.

"What?" I stared back in.

"I like you, Cassie."

"Why?" I took a step back. Couldn't process his confession.

"Because you're you. Cassie if you give me a chance, I will never hurt you like he did. I will care for you and I promise never to leave you." He took my hand in his. I don't know what to say, I was out of words. "Give me a chance."

"I- ahm."

"Please, Cassie!" Taking a step closer.

"Dawson."

"Cassie" He leans in to kiss me but I pulled away instantly.

"I'm so sorry" I turned to walk away, I saw Chace just meters away from where Dawson and I were. He was looking at both of us. I don't know what else more to think, I walked straight to my room. Luckily Megan was out that I got to process everything on my mind.