Chapter 8

I open my eyes and find myself in an abandoned parking lot, how the hell did I get here? I look around and see a police car with someone at the wheel and there was another deputy outside of the car

I open my eyes and find myself in an abandoned parking lot, how the hell did I get here? I look around and see a police car with someone at the wheel and there was another deputy outside of the car. I walk closer and see that the deputy outside is Haigh.
"Haigh? Can you please tell me where I am?" I ask.
Haigh doesn't answer me, or even acknowledge my presence. Instead he picks up a red gasoline can and begins dumping it on the car.
My eyes widen,"What the hell are you doing? Who is that in there?" I ask when I get within a couple feet of the car, the strong smell of gasoline clouds my senses.
Again he doesn't even look at me, it's like he doesn't even see me. This is how my abilities work, I'm able to see everything, but they can't see or feel me, but this can't be real, it has to be a dream.
My heart drops in my chest when the guy in the car lifts up his head, it's Jordan. He looks confused, his hands cuffed to the wheel and a small gash on his temple. I try to grab Haigh to stop him, but my hands go right through him.
"Haigh stop! Please, don't do this to him," I scream hoping he'd somehow hear me.
"Hey, Hey! What are you doing? Listen... listen to me! I'm a Deputy with the Beacon Hills Sheriff's Department," Jordan says frantically.
Haigh sets down the gas can,"Damn, I was hoping you'd be out longer."
Jordan frowns in confusion,"Haigh? What the hell are you doing?"
I continue to try and open the door and try and grab Haigh's arm, trying to do anything to get him to stop.
"You're a good guy, Parrish. But the list says you're worth 5 million dollars." Haigh says to him as he continues to dump gas on the already soaked car.
"What? I don't even know what you're talking about. Haigh listen... I mean, I barely make 40,000 dollars a year." Jordan says frantically.
"I only make 36," Haigh says before starting to dump gas on Jordan.
"Haigh stop! Can you hear me? Stop please!" I scream at him, continuing to try and grab his arms.
Jordan screams as he becomes soaked with gasoline,"Haigh, please! Just stop!" He shouts.
Haigh then puts the gas can down and stares at Jordan. I drop to my knees crying knowing there was nothing I could do.
"You don't have to do this. Look, if you're having money problems-" Jordan begs while breathing heavily.
"You're worth five million dead, Parrish. And when I get the money from you, I'm going to go after your little girlfriend, the Sheriff's daughter. What's her name again, oh that's right, Noelle. 40 million dollars is a lot of money. I could get away before anyone notices. Nobody will ever find me." Haigh says cockily.
Jordan's eyes widen considerably,"No, please don't, not her! Haigh if you touch her I swear to God-"
" You'll do what? Look where you are Parrish, you can't save her. You can't even save yourself," Haigh says.
"Please don't kill her! Are you really going to do this? You're just gonna listen to a fellow deputy burn to death?" Jordan asks frantically.
Haigh doesn't answer, just simply sticks some headphones in his ears. Jordan continues to fight against the restraints, pulling so hard he was moving the wheel. Haigh pulls the lighter out of his pocket, lights it, then throws it in the car, starting Jordan on fire. His screams shake me to the core.
Tears flow freely down my face,"Someone help! Please! Jordan, Jordan!" I scream loudly, banging my fists on the ground.
My eyes snap open and breathing heavily, but I'm at home in my bed, a fresh layer of sweat on me. I try to get my breathing in control as I tell myself it was just a dream.
I decide after I get ready I would head to the police station and look for him, but I needed to calm down. I took a quick shower, then got dressed in some dark grey skinny jeans, a blue tie dye striped tank top, a black leather jacket, and some heeled lace up booties. I curl my hair and do the rest of my bathroom stuff before grabbing my phone and walking out of the room. On my way out the door I run into Stiles.
"Hey, where are you going?" I ask.
"I'm about to go see Dad and tell him about some of the things Lydia found out at the lake house last night. Lydia is meeting me there, want to come?"
I nod,"Yeah, I was actually heading there anyway."
We go to my  jeep and I quickly drive to the Station. On the way I call Jordan 3 times, but he doesn't answer, which makes the fear in my chest grow. Maybe it wasn't a dream.
"It's not just that she could still be alive," Stiles says as Dad lets the three of us into his office.
"It's that she would've had to fake her death," Lydia explains.
"Your grandmother, Lorraine Martin, faked her death?" Our Dad asks, not really believing us.
"Definitely," Stiles says.
"Maybe," Lydia corrects him.
"More than likely, yes." Stiles adds.
"Oh, and I'm guessing you two got a story to back this up?" Dad asks.
"She might be helping the Benefactor." Lydia explains.
"Or is the Benefactor," Stiles adds.
"That sounds like a story worth hearing," Dad says before shutting the door.
"Dad? This may be a strange question, but have you seen Parrish?" I blurt out, my nerves getting the best of me.
He turns to me frowning in confusion,"No I haven't, why?"
"Can you just figure out where he is, I'll explain later," I say quickly.
He nods and opens the door,"Anybody seen Parrish?" He asks while looking around. "Haigh?"
He looks up from his computer screen,"Haven't seen him."
My heart once again drops as I could feel the color drain from my face. "What's wrong Noelle?" Stiles asks.
"I-I had a dream last night that Haigh set Parrish on fire in his police car so he could collect the five million dollars. I'm starting to think it wasn't just a dream," I say nervously.
Just then, the sound of two gunfires goes off, before the glass of around dad's office shatters, causing us to dive to the ground. I stand up slowly to see Haigh being pushed up against the wall by Jordan, who is covered in ash, and is naked.
Our dad opens the door, his gun ready as Jordan tackles Haigh to the ground, but as Jordan shoves Haigh's gun away from him, it fires shooting my dad in the shoulder. I could feel a stinging pain in my own shoulder.
"Dad!" Stiles and I yell.
Stiles runs over to my dad, and I decided to go over to Jordan and Haigh. Jordan is punching Haigh angrily as Haigh stares at him in confusion.
"Jordan stop, that's enough." I say calmly as I walk over to them, but he doesn't stop. I put a hand on his shoulder,"Jordan, please." I say louder.
He gets up off Haigh breathing heavily,"El?"
I nod,"Are you ok?" I ask frowning in concern.
He nods,"Yeah, I don't know how though."
Lydia comes over with a towel and Jordan takes it wrapping it around his waist as some officers come and arrest Haigh. I wrap my arms around him sighing in relief, my heart rate finally going down to a normal speed. My eyes widen as I remembered that our Dad was shot. I let go of Jordan and run over to Stiles and him.
"Get Parrish out of here, I'm fine. Stiles can stay with me," he says when I get over to him.
"Are you sure?" I ask.He nods, so I look over at Lydia. "I'm going to take him to his apartment, then I'll meet you at Derek's, maybe he knows what he his," I say before going back over to Jordan.
"I'm going to take you to your apartment, I'll explain everything to you," I say while grabbing his hand. I pull him out to my jeep and I get inside. He tells me where his apartment complex is, so I begin my route over there. By now the pain in my shoulder was almost completely gone.
"I'm sorry you had to see that," he says after a while.
"It's ok," I reply.
"He tried to kill me, and he said he was coming after you next, and I just got so angry," he explains.
I let out a sigh, I should just start telling him the truth now,"I know."
I see him frown in confusion,"How? Are you like Lydia?"
I shake my head,"Not exactly, I'll tell you what I am, but you have to promise not to freak out," I say.
He nods,"I just about got burned to death, but came out without a single burn. At this point there's nothing you could tell me that I wouldn't believe." He reassures me.
"Well, I'll explain it more later, but for now let's just say my sophomore year something happened and I became what I am. They call me a connector, so when someone I care about is in danger I can feel it, or if it's bad, my body connects to them, so I feel what they are feeling so I can help them heal. So last night I had a dream where I woke up in this parking lot I say Haigh pouring gasoline all over you I tried to help you, but it was like I was a ghost, I went right through you both and the car. I kept screaming for him to stop, but when he started you on fire, I couldn't do anything but listen to you scream. After that I woke up." I explain as a tear fell down my face.
He stays silent for a while, probably taking it all in. "I believe you," he says breaking the silence.
"Thank you," I say while I pull into a parking spot. We get out of my jeep and Jordan leads me inside. When we're in his apartment, which is actually well decorated for a guy.
"Uh, well I'm going to shower... you can wait in here if you want." He says while scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. I nod and he goes into a room so I sit down on his brown leather couch and text Stiles asking about Dad. He replied saying that he was asleep and his surgery was tomorrow, also that he would be staying there with dad.  A few minutes later Jordan came out ash free, dressed in a light blue v-neck and some black jeans.
"See something you like?" I hear him joke making me realize I was just staring at him like some stalker.
I roll my eyes,"No, I just realized I've never seen you without your uniform on." I say.
"Sure," he says says sarcastically.
"Shut up, lets go," I sat trying to hide my smile.
We go back to my jeep and I drive to Derek's loft.
After explaining what happened to Derek, Jordan holds out his hands for Derek to see, as we all stand around them.
"He covered you in gasoline?" Derek asks causing Jordan to nod.
"It's the hair and nails, isn't it? The parts of the body that are essentially dead." Lydia says to Derek.
"Well they should be gone." Derek replies.
"I was set on fire. All of me should be gone," Jordan adds.
"Not if you're like us," Scott says.
"Like you?" He asks.
"I don't think he's like us," Derek says.
"Then what is he?" I ask.
"Sorry, but I have no idea," Derek replies.
"But you knew about Jackson and Kira," Scott says.
"This is a little out of my experience. There might be something in the beastiary. Did you try Argent?" Derek suggests.
"We don't know where he is," I reply.
Ok, hold on. What's a beastiary? Actually that's not even my first question. Just, just tell me one thing... Are all of you like Noelle?" Jordan asks thoroughly confused.
"Not exactly," Scott says.
"Ok, then what are you?" He asks.
Scott closes his eyes then opens them, showing Jordan his red eyes.
We then explain to him all of the supernatural creatures that we've encountered and what we all are.
"What's a Kanima?" Jordan asks.
"I'm sure Noelle will explain all that later. Just know that everyone like us, everyone with some kind of supernatural ability is on the dead pool." Scott explains.
"But I don't even know what I am," Jordan says.
"I'm pretty sure they don't care," Derek replies.
"How many professional assassins are we talking about?" He asks.
"We're starting to lose count," Lydia replies.
"But is it still just professionals?" I ask.
"I don't think Haigh's ever tried anything like this. I think he was taking a chance." Jordan says.
"That means anyone with the dead pool can take a chance," Derek adds.
"But if Haigh had it, then who else does? How easy is it to get this thing now?" Jordan asks.
Lydia then begins to explain to us all what she had figured out about her grandmother and the connection with Meredith. "Meredith was only at my grandmother's house once. But I think once was enough."
"How did your grandmother know her?" Derek asks.
Lydia sits down on Derek's bed,"She didn't, she found her. Because of another woman named Maddy. The woman she loved," Lydia explains before standing us and handing me a picture of her grandmother and Maddy. "I never met her. She used to be part of a yacht racing team. There were plaques and trophies in the lake house from all of the regattas she'd won." Lydia explains.
"How'd she die?" Jordan asks.
"How's not the story. It's what happened right before. My grandmother, Lorraine, used to work in San Francisco for IBM. She was there on a weekend, catching up on work. She started hearing this sound... like rain. But when she looked out the windows, all she saw was blue sky.
"But she kept hearing the rain?" I ask.
"And it just kept getting louder. Rain and thunder, cracking like gunshots in her head. So loud, she finally just screamed."
"Like a banshee," Derek states.
"She called Maddy, who was planning on taking one of the boats out on the lake. But Maddy said that the sun was shining there too. So Lorraine didn't say anything."
"There was an accident?" Jordan asks.
"It took them four days to find Maddy's body. And then it took decades to figure out how Lorraine knew. She started with parapsychologists, like the PHD in their name made it more scientific. They built the study in the lake house according to every pseudoscientific theory they could find. None of it worked. The she started getting more extreme occult. Things like mediums and psychics. All of them were failures, until Meredith. They found her at Eichen house. This fragile girl who didn't understand the things she heard. They brought her to the study, and they almost killed her. She was hospitalized for over a year. She never really recovered. My grandmother drove her insane, and I drove her to suicide. And all she ever wanted to do was help."
Lydia then sets out the code on Derek's table,"My grandmother created the code for the dead pool. They think she's the banshee who put the names out in the first place. She left me this message in the same code." Lydia explains.
"But she didn't leave a cipher key, did she?" Scott asks. Lydia just shakes her head.
After that Jordan and I go back into the jeep.
"Do you need to go to the hospital?" Jordan asks.
I shake my head,"He's asleep anyway, they have him on morphine until his surgery tomorrow. And Stiles is going to stay with him," I explain.
"Well you can stay with me tonight, if you don't want to be alone," he suggests.
I give him a look of appreciation,"Thank you," I say. 
I drive to his apartment building again, and we head inside. I take my shoes off at the door and set my keys on his counter.
"Hungry?" He asks.
I nod,"Starving."
He chuckles,"Me too, how does pizza sound?"
"Perfect."
He orders pizza, and when it arrives, we eat while I thoroughly explain my experience with the supernatural, from the beginning of Sophomore year until now, and let me tell you, it took a long ass time.
"No offense, but how are you stilling doing well in school?" He asks.
I shrug,"I honestly don't know." I reply smiling. After that, I help him clean up.
"Hey do you mind if I take a shower?" I ask.
"No not at all, it's the first door on the right, I'll set some clothes outside the door. And towels are below the sink," he replies.
I nod and go into his bathroom and take a quick shower and dry off a grab the clothes he left me. I put the black shirt on, engulfing me in his amazing scent, but it's huge on me, it goes down to mid thigh. I put the shorts on, but they don't even stay on my waist, and there's no tightening the elastic band. I let out a sigh, just the shirt will have to do. I use his comb to comb my hair, and I use the towel to wipe off any excess makeup. After that I throw the shorts and towel into his laundry hamper before leaving the room. I walk down the hall trying to find his bedroom. At the end of the hall, there is a light on, so I go in there, and Jordan shirtless grabbing a pillows, holy abs.
"Hey, you can have my bed, I'll go sleep on the couch," he says.
I shake my head,"I don't want to kick you out of your bed, you can sleep with me," I argue.
"Are you sure?" He asks.
"I'm the sheriffs daughter, not a nun," I joke before climbing into his bed. He chuckles and gets in on the other side.
I turn to face him, propping myself up on my elbow. "So how are you doing with the whole supernatural thing, it must be a lot to take in?" I ask.
"You mean that my girlfriend and her friends all have supernatural abilities? I'm fine, I always did think Lydia was psychic, so this wasn't that far off," he explains.
I raise my eyebrows,"Girlfriend?"
He smirks,"Yeah, do you have a problem with that?"
I smirk back,"Not at all boyfriend."
He pecks my lips before turning around and shutting off his lamp. "Night El," I hear him say.
I lay my head on my pillow,"Night Jordan."

**************************************
I think I'm going to put this episode in two part, so I hope you liked part one! I sure enjoyed writing it! Please vote or comment telling me what you think
-S