Chapter 20

The sound of a phone ringing wakes me up, my phone to be exact

The sound of a phone ringing wakes me up, my phone to be exact. I open my eyes and look over to the nightstand beside my hospital bed, the dim light of my phone illuminating the dark room. I reach over and pick up my phone, wondering why anyone would be calling me in the middle of the night. Jordan stirs from beside me, but doesn't wake up.
"Hello?" I rasp out.
"Hey how are you doing?" Lydia asks.
I clear my throat, my voice going back to normal,"Much better. Can I ask why you're calling me at this hour?"
"I'm coming to the hospital now, Kira was arrested for murder, and Liam and Hayden were taken by the Dread Doctors." Lydia tells me.
I shoot up in bed, as Jordan's phone rings. He sits up and answers it as ask,"What? I was gone all of 5 hours and all that went down? Did you bring me some clothes?"
I hear her scoff from the other end, and I'm willing to bet she just rolled her eyes,"Did I bring you clothes.. Who do you think I am? Of course I brought your clothes."
I let out a small laugh,"Alright, see you soon."
I hung up and leaned closer to Jordan, listening to his phone call with Clark, Hayden's sister.
"Where the hell are you? She asks him, clearly stressed out.
Jordan shrugs,"I'm with Noelle in the hospital, it's four in the morning."
"Is she alright?" I hear her ask.
Jordan nods even though she can't see him,"Yeah she's fine. Just a little banged up."
"Good. Well, Stilinski's calling everyone in. There's another body."
Jordan frowns as do I,"You mean another murder."
"Yeah, get your ass over here." She tells him.
He sighs,"I'll be there soon."
He puts his phone down and turns to me,"I'm sorry, I have to go."
I nod my head, shooting him a soft smile,"It's ok, Lydia is picking me up soon. Hayden and Liam were taken, and Kira was arrested for murder."
He reaches up and caresses my face,"Just please be careful."
I nod,"You too."
With that he presses his lips to mine, kissing me gently, before getting up and heading out of the room.
Not long after Lydia comes in, she hands me a bag of clothes and shoves me in the bathroom. I get dressed in black skinny jeans, a jean, long sleeve, button up, and some heeled boots. I throw my hair and some braid, up-do thing, and walk out of the bathroom. Lydia is waiting there for me, and she grabs my hand pulling me out of the room.
After stopping at the station to see how Kira was doing, we headed to Scott's house, to figure out a plan on how to find Hayden and Liam. We arrive a bit before Scott, as the others wait anxiously for him to arrive.
Minutes later Scott arrives through the front door, walking over to us,"Hey, is Kira okay?" Stiles asks.
He ignores us, walking up the stairs to where Mason and Corey were. We follow him quickly, worried about what he may do.
"He's right. We don't have time for that anyway," we hear Scott say as we enter the room.
"No, Scott, don't!" Lydia shouts, but it's too late. Scott presses his claws in the back of Corey's neck, sending us both in a trance.
Suddenly I'm pulled with him, bringing me to the hospital elevator, with the Dread Doctors holding Corey. Then my vision flashes, and I'm in the tunnels below Beacon Hills. They continue to drag him through the tunnels, as Corey has a very dazed look on his face. My heart races being this close to the Dread Doctors, honestly, they scare the hell out of me. Corey starts screaming as they drag him to this table. The room I'm in is dark and has lots of old tables and super ancient scientific objects. I let out a gasp as I run into this big glass tube containing what looks like a half alien half human submerged in a green liquid. I stare into its lifeless eyes, fear and disgust running though me. I turn away and hear Corey scream again as they set him on a table.
I let out a gasp, falling back, my legs giving out on me as I'm pulled back to reality. I feel someone's arms catch me, and I look back to see Stiles looking at me in concern.
"Are they ok?" I hear Scott ask, as I try to get my breathing under control.
I finally regain my balance,"I'm fine."
"What the hell did you do to me?" Corey asks, looking at Scott in anger and confusion as he leans against a shelf.
"You'll be alright," Scott tells him, still breathing heavily.
"There's blood," Corey says, reaching back and touching his neck.
"Scott..."
"He'll be fine! Listen... I think it worked. I saw something. There were tunnels. Pipes along the walls. There were these two huge blue pipes at the entrance. Two on both sides," Scott explains, drawing it out.
"I've seen those tunnels before. Stiles, that's one of the tunnels we used to skateboard in. Remember Dad caught us one time and told us to never go back?" I ask, causing Stiles to nod in agreement.
"It's the water treatment plant," Lydia tells us.
"That's where they are. That's where we'll find Liam and Hayden." Scott's says, not taking his eyes off the notebook. He then throws down the notebook, hurrying down the stairs. We quickly hurry after him, calling his name, he's definitely not his right mind.
"Scott, slow down. Just think for a second, okay? Mason shouldn't  be going." Stiles says.
"Liam's my best friend. I'm going," Mason says confidently.
Stiles raises his eyebrows,"Oh, did you suddenly get super wolf powers. I wasn't aware of that development."
Scott shrugs,"Well, if you're not going, I could use the help."
I shake my head,"No, we're coming, just as soon as we talk to our Dad. They're moving the body and he wants to make sure that this time no one steals it."
"How's he going to do that?" Malia asks.
"I don't know. But whoever took the last one was strong enough to flip my jeep." Stiles points out, making us all nervous. We're all way in over our heads, nothing seems to have been going right these last few weeks.
"We can bring Theo," Malia suggests, causing Scott to tilt his head at him, as if asking if he's going.
Theo shrugs,"Maybe I should stay here. You know, in case the Doctors decide to make a house call for Corey."
"Scott, Stiles is right. We need to slow down and think." Lydia tells him.
"I am thinking... about how Liam and Hayden could already be dead." Scott says, a frantic look in his eyes.
"You could have hurt him, Scott. Really hurt him." Lydia says to him.
Scott looks at Corey, guild in his eyes, then back at Lydia,"I have to find Liam." Scott says before walking out the door.
"Text me if you need anything. Anything at all." Stiles calls after them.
As Stiles and I walk through the hospital, going to the floor of the morgue as Stiles talks on the phone with the mechanic working on his jeep.
"You tell me, man. You're the mechanic... If the gas tank didn't rupture and nothing electrical was burned, then how did the fire start?... Spontaneously combusted? That's your answer, are you kidding me?"
Then we run into Dad, who takes his phone away, hangs it up, and hands it back to him. "What are you two doing here?" He asks us.
"Dad, you gotta leave the body, okay? Leave it, and let whoever wants to take it just take it, trust me." I tell him.
"I'm doing my job, Noelle." He tells me, before turning around, and beginning to walk away.
"Yeah, you've been real busy arresting people you know are innocent," Stiles says as we follow dad down the hall.
"Go home. Now." He relies as we get into the elevator with him, being our usual stubborn selves. "This is not up for debate."
I cross my arms over my chest,"Well, then we're not leaving."
"You know, Clark mentioned something about, uh, key cards for the library. Do you all have after hours access?" He asks us.
"Yeah. Yeah, we do. I'd show you mine, but I lost it a couple weeks ago." Stiles lies smoothly.
After making it to the morgue, I decide to talk to Jordan for a while, Dad saying I only get five minutes.
I walk through the doors, and he lowers his gun, smiling at me. "Hey, El, how are you feeling?" He asks me, wrapping his arms around me.
"Much better, I'm more worried about you, though." I tell him.
He frowns in confusion,"Why?"
"Because this whole guarding the body thing is stupid. Whoever... or whatever did this, it was strong enough to flip Stiles' jeep with him and I in it. Imagine what he'd do to you, standing right in front of the body."
He grabs my hand, rubbing it reassuringly,"Babe, I'll be fine. I've got plenty of people with me, and if it comes to it, I'll just jump out of the way. Besides, whatever I am, I have the ability to heal. I'll be careful."
I nod, trying to reassure myself,"Ok, I'd better get going, I'll be right outside, love you, J."
"Love you too, El... by the way, popcorn and movies later, I get off around 7." He tells me. I nod, and walk out, and sit back down next to Stiles.
"How are you doing since last night?" Stiles asks me after I sit down.
I smile at him,"Much better, I'm just a little sore now. How's your shoulder?"
He shrugs letting out a sigh,"It hurts... But it's slowly getting there.
It falls silent between us, and I can't help but notice how hot it's gotten in the room. "Stiles, can I ask you something?"
He looks up at me, his eyes meeting mine,"Of course."
I let out a sigh,"Not telling Jordan what happened to us is eating me alive. Every time I see him I think about how I haven't been totally honest with him. Can I please tell him? I promise he won't tell anyone, definitely not Dad or Scott."
"Sure, I mean, I trust you, and I trust him." He replies.
A sad smile grows on my lips,"Thanks Stiles."
Suddenly I hear loud crashes and screams coming from the morgue arena causing Stiles and I to jump out of our chairs band run through the doors.
Once we are through, my vision is clouded by air spraying down from the ceiling, the fire alarm beginning to go off.
"Dad!" Stiles yells loudly.
"Jordan! Dad!" I yell.
I run through the hallway, into the room of the morgue, there was nobody in there, and the body was gone. We ran back out, hearing our dad's voice.
We run up to see him talking to Jordan, I breathe out a sigh of relief, they're both okay.
"Are you guys alright?" I ask.
Our dad nods, but Jordan oddly looks right past me, and walks away, and I frown in confusion, what happened to him?
"Dad, the body is gone." Stiles tells him.
He follows us back into the room, seeing that the body is gone himself. He jogs out, probably trying to find the rest of his deputies.
My eyes widen as I look down at the floor, seeing Jordan's name tag, it was burnt and charred. I let out a sigh thinking back to his dream, and how the fire alarms went off, then something dawned upon me. Jordan's the one stealing the bodies, and I don't think he remembers any of it.
Tears well up in my eyes as I hold up the name tag to Stiles,"It's him.. Jordan's the one taking the bodies." He lets out a sigh and pulls me into a hug, after I second I pull away. "You can't tell Dad, Jordan's been working so hard, and he finally has somewhat gotten off desk duty. I'll handle it, please."
He lets out a sigh,"Alright."
After that I leave, trying to find Jordan. I see his truck is still in the parking lot, so I begin driving around, desperately trying to find him. I don't find him at his apartment, or on the roads by the woods, just as I give up and decide to go to his house to wait, I see him walking along the side of the road, barely clothes, walking in the pouring rain. I park my jeep and get out, into the rain, yelling his name.
This time he turns around, responding to my voice. He turns around, a very confused look on his face, and I see he's covered in black, like when he was burned in the car.
"Noelle? Where am I?" He asks.
I run over to him and wrap my arms around him, ignoring the fact that I am now soaked from the rain.
I take him home, after getting him to calm down, and after having a shower, and changing into some of his clothes, I decide not to tell him right away, I just want one more normal night with him, without him feeling the guilt of him being the one that flipped Stiles jeep with me in it, leaving us to die, even if he didn't remember it.
I could tell he was exhausted, because he didn't really ask about why his clothes were burned, or why he was covered in ash, wandering through the streets. We head to bed, and as usual, I lay my head on his chest, and he wraps his arms around me, pulling me close to him. It was almost as if everything was normal and these was not a worry in the world... almost.
******************************************
Hey guys... I'm so sorry I haven't updated in forever, literally. I honestly just needed a good break to get my motivation back. I didn't think it was fair for you guys if I wasn't putting forth my best writing ability. But I'm back and I hope to be getting back to normal writing routine as soon as school ends for me, which is next week! Thank you for reading, don't forget to leave a comment and vote!
-S