Chapter 15

I stand in my Dad's office with Stiles and Scott as we help our Dad get ready for a date, something I never thought I'd do

I stand in my Dad's office with Stiles and Scott as we help our Dad get ready for a date, something I never thought I'd do. I fix his tie as he fiddles with his hair,"Oh, I should have got a haircut." He complains.
"Well, you know, someone your age should be happy you still have hair to cut," Stiles says with a shrug.
Scott walks over to us,"I think you look great." He says with a smile.
"Well, thank you, son-I-should-have-had." Our Dad says to him. He then lets out a sigh shaking his head,"Oh, what the hell am I doing? This is a terrible idea."
I put my hand on his shoulders,"What, Dad, Dad, it's only one date, okay? The town of Beacon Hills won't implode while you're out with one woman." I tell him while I continue to fix his tie.
"Or man," Stiles buts in.
"It's a woman, Stiles." He tells him.
"Okay."
"A very beautiful woman," he adds.
"What beautiful woman, by the way?" I ask.
"None of your business. Either one of you," he tells us with a smirk.
"I want to know," Stiles complains.
"Stilinski!" I hear someone yell causing us all to turn around and see Jordan and this female deputy holding back this guy our who gets arrested quite often, named Donovan, who looked really pissed off.
We all four go out to see what the deal was with this guy.
"I'm gonna kill you." He snaps once we are outside the door.
"Donovan, if you think that shocks me, remember it was well-documented in your Anger Expression Inventory. Deputies, escort the prisoner out," he tells Jordan and the dark haired deputy.
"I'm not angry like I'm gonna throw a brick through your window. I'm angry, like I'm gonna find you, I'm gonna get a knife, and I'm going to stab you with it, until you're dead. And when you look at me and you ask me why, remember right now. Because this is why." Donovan says with a sadistic smile upon his face.
"Wow, that was awesome. That was awesome. That was great. Can we do one more? Give us another one, maybe like Christopher Walken this time, you know." Stiles says breaking the silence.
He doesn't say anything back so Stiles adds,"You know what, it's ok, it's fine. You'll have plenty of time to work on it when you're in your tiny, little cell, you know. Just stuck there, forever."
Donovan nods calmly, before lurching towards us, Jordan and the girl holding onto him tightly,"On second thought, I'm not going to kill you, I'm put my hands all over your pretty little daughter, so you wish I killed you instead!"
I watch as my dad clenches his jaw in anger,"Get him out of here."
They nod and lead him out of the station, and angry look on Jordan's face as he drags him along.
"What the hell's Anger Expression Inventory?" Scott asks, saying something for the first time in a while.
"It's a test you take when you're applying to become a deputy," I explain.
"That guy wanted to be a cop?" Scott asks in surprise.
Stiles nods,"At least now he's getting the full law enforcement experience."
After that, Stiles and Scott left, and I hung out with Jordan by his desk, as usual. That was until he got a call that the police van that was transporting Donovan, was attacked, and he was missing. One dead, and two severely... mauled. I convinced Jordan to take me along with him, as I wanted to see what happened.
"Scott, you saw this kid, Donovan. He...He wasn't like you, right?" Our Dad asks.
"I don't think so," Scott replies.
"Unless he knows how to hide his scent," Stiles suggests.
"Well, human or otherwise, this kid might have just murdered his lawyer and mortally wounded two officers. We've got an APB out on him, but you think you can find him faster?" He asks Scott.
"I can try," Scott replies.
"All right. Keep it on channel two," Our Dad tells him, hand him a radio. Scott nods and runs off.
A few minutes later, Jordan comes over, standing beside me,"Anything from Scott?" He asks.
Nobody answers, as Jordan's radio goes off, Scott's voice coming through, but his words are all jumbled together. "Scott, is that you?" He asks.
"Yeah, I found Donovan. He's completely freaked out he keeps repeating some name," Scott says, his voice finally coming through clearly.
Dad grabs the radio off of Jordan, pressing the button as he brings it close to his mouth. "What name?" He asks.
"Theo," Stiles suggests hopefully.
"Tracy, he keeps saying Tracy," Scott replies, causing my heart to drop, I only know one Tracy who lives in this town, and her Dad just so happens to be a lawyer, Donovan's lawyer.
"Tracy who?" Our Dad asks, frowning in confusion.
I let out a sigh,"Stewart." I tell them, bringing their attention towards me. "Tracy Stewart."
After we found Donovan, Dad brought him to the station, and Stiles drove us home because Jordan still had to work.
I go into my room, and after getting ready, I climb into bed, falling asleep quickly.
I open my eyes and find myself in some kind of dark tunnel. My heart pounds wildly as goosebumps stand up on my skin from the cool temperature
"Hello?" I call out, fear growing inside me.
Getting no response, I decide to face my fears and venture deeper into the cold, dark tunnel. I began aimlessly wandering through the dimly lit area hesitantly.
I turned the corner to see this hooded figure standing in front of Jordan, who had a fearful look on his face as he held his hands up defensively. I look down to see the faceless man holding a gun, pointing it directly at Jordan's chest.
"You don't have to do this, please," Jordan begs the man, a look of fear on his face, the look he hasn't had since he found out I was shot. Jordan went to talk again, but he was cut off when a loud gunshot rang through the air causing me to scream loudly, my heart tearing in two. Jordan flew back, hitting the ground hard, holding his chest.
The hooded man ran away, and I ran towards Jordan, falling to my knees in front of him. Tears ran freely down my face as I see his police uniform covered in his own blood, a film of sweat on his forehead on his now pale face, as his breathes heavily.
"Jordan, baby, stay with me," I cry out.
"Noelle?" He asks his pain filled eyes meeting mine.
"It's me, J you have to keep your eyes open," I beg, applying pressure to his bleeding chest. His eyes droop," I love you." He whispers, before his eyes close and his head falls limply to the side
"Jordan?" I beg, letting out a sob. "Someone help me, please. Jordan!" I scream, laying my head on his chest hugging his limp body, loud sobs escaping my lips.
My eyes snap open as I sit up quickly, breathing heavy and tears rolling freely down my already damp face. My heart pounded wildly as my clothes stick to my body. I look down at the time, it was 2 in the morning. I try to remind myself it was just a dream, but last time this happened it wasn't. I get out of bed and quickly put some random shoes on, before running out of the house quickly. I get into my jeep, heading to Jordan's house as fast as I can. I park in front and run inside, reaching his door quickly. I knock on it frantically tears still rolling down my face.
The door opens, revealing a tired looking Jordan, with a confused look on his face. That look changes when he sees the frantic look on my face. I let out a sigh of relief, my breathing slowing down ever so slightly, but flashes of the dream are still ever present in my mind.
He pulls me into a hug,"Noelle, what's wrong?"
I pull away,"I had a dream that you got shot, it was so real... I thought it was going to be like last time. I needed to see if you were alright."
He pulls me inside, wrapping his arms around me again. I hug him tightly as if he was going to disappear any moment, laying my head on his warm, bare chest.
After I had calmed down considerably, Jordan pulled me into his bedroom, insisting I'd stay with him tonight. I lay my head on his chest, as he wraps his arms around me. I close my eyes, the exhaustion taking over. Here in his arms, I feel safe, I feel at home.
- The annoying sound of an alarm broke me from my peaceful sleep. I let out a groan, wrapping my arms around Jordan tighter, squeezing my eyes shut.
"Babe, I think you're cutting off my circulation," I hear Jordan say jokingly.
"Good." I reply, before letting go and propping myself up so I could see his face.
"How are you doing?" He asks.
I shoot him a small smile,"Better, that dream just really freaked me out. It was so real."
He reaches up and strokes my cheek, causing me to lean into his touch. "Hey, I'm here. And I'm not going anywhere." I nod relaxing,"We should get up, you have school today."
I let out a groan,"Don't remind me." I tell him, before running to my car, grabbing my emergency set of clothes.
I then go back inside and go to the bathroom, starting the shower. After getting out, I dry off and get dressed in some light wash, ripped skinny jeans, a slightly cropped white t shirt, a maroon jacket, and some black heeled booties.
Seeing that I'm here a lot, a couple weeks ago I got duplicates of my makeup, curling iron, and toothbrush so that I wouldn't have to run home to get ready.
After I finished getting ready, I go out into the kitchen, and I begin making us smoothies. Like 10 minutes later Jordan walks out, hair still wet, as his buttons his police uniform.
He looks up and smiles as I hand him a glass. Once we finish, I peck him on the lips and head out of his apartment, which at this time, is like my second home.
- "Tracy wasn't just having trouble sleeping. It was a real disorder. It was night terrors." I say as we gather around Stiles' jeep.
"Well, now she's the night terror, especially since no one can find her," Stiles replies.
"Okay, I know we're all tired and miserable..." Scott starts, before looking over at Mason, who looked to be having the time of his life. "Except for you."
Liam must have finally told him, and it seems he's taking it pretty well. "Oh I'm sorry. This is all just mind-blowing." Mason then points to Kira,"You're a kitsune. I don't even know what that is."
Kira shrugs,"I'm still learning."
"Liam, we said you could tell him. Not invite him to the inner circle," Stiles lectures.
"Uh, I'm in the inner circle?" Mason asks excitedly.
"No," Liam and Stiles say in sinc.
"Guys, look, back to Tracy. She's just one lone wolf. We can find her." Scott tells us.
"One lone serial-killing wolf," Malia mutters.
"Uh, she only killed one person, you know. The other two were...mauled." Stiles adds.
"What do we do when we catch her?" I ask, looking at Mason weirdly as he continues to have an enthusiastic look on his face.
"I say we put her down," Malia suggests.
Mason looks around at all of us,"Intense."
"Guys, lets concentrate on catching her first. We'll figure out the rest later." Scott tells us.
After that, we begin heading inside, just as I reach my locker, my phone rings. I pull it out seeing it's Jordan.
"Hello?" I ask.
"Hey El, just calling to let you know that Tracy killed her psychiatrist last night," he tells me.
"I let out a sigh,"I don't get it, she seemed like such a nice, quiet person, how could she do something like this?"
"I don't know, but even the nicest, quietest person can become a killer," He replies.
I let out a sigh,"I guess."
"Look, I have to go, I'll talk to you later. Love you," he tells me.
I smile,"I love you too." I reply before hanging up and putting my phone back in my pocket.
When I get to AP Bio, I tell Scott, Kira, and Lydia what Jordan told me. After that, I sit down, just as the bell rings, signaling the start of class.
Mrs. Finch begins hanging back the tests we took a few days ago. A small smile grows on my face when she sets mine down, a big red A+ written on the top. "Nice work, Ms. Stilinski.
She continues and when she sets Scott's on his desk, she says,"Nice to see where your priorities are, Scott." He looks down at his test, a proud smile making it's way to his face. "Well since you've got a good grasp on the subject, how about you lead us in a review of last nights reading?" She asks him.
He nods, his smile dropping,"Uh, sure."
He begins flipping the pages of the book, while I look over at the door, to see Liam standing there, trying to get Scott's attention. "Sorry, just looking for the page," Scott tells her. He looks back and forth between Liam and the book. Seconds later, the fire alarm goes off, and Mrs. Finch is quick to send us out the door.
Once outside, we see Scott, Stiles, and Malia running out the door, and in Scott's arms is Tracy, who is unconscious. Kira, Lydia, and I head back inside, running into Liam.
"They're taking her to the animal clinic?" Kira asks.
"Yeah, to see if Deaton can figure out what's wrong with her." Liam replies.
"What's wrong with her is that she killed two people. Her father and according to Jordan, her psychiatrist." I tell them.
"Isn't there anyone else we can talk to? Does she still have her mom? Any family?" Kira asks.
"Alpha. If she's a werewolf, she has to have an Alpha, right?" Lydia suggests. "Anyone know if a new one's moved into Beacon Hills?"
I shake my head,"No, but there's an old one. One of the oldest. We know her."
"And her pack," Liam adds, catching on.
Liam decides to take Mason to go see Brett, while Kira, Lydia, and I go to Tracy's house to see if we can find anything.
"Hold on." Kira says as we stand in front of the door to Tracy's bedroom. "Isn't this like a crime scene or something?"
"No." Lydia replies with a shake of the head. She opens the door to reveal crime scene tape on Tracy's bed. "Maybe, don't worry about it."
"Okay, so what are we looking for?" I ask.
"I'm not sure. I'm mostly just following a feeling." Lydia replies with a shrug.
"Your feeling usually lead to dead bodies," Kira says, a worried expression on her face.
Lydia rolls her eyes,"Well, let me know if you find one." I let out a laugh and begin to search around the room for anything of significance.
After a while, I pull out this pink box from under her bed, I pick up the dreamcatcher from the top. The thing is quite beautiful with feathers and small beads decorate it. I look down and pull out the note that was below it.
"Look at this," I tell the two. "Remember TracyBear, it only works if you believe it. Hope this helps. Love, Dad." I read.
"This is beyond depressing," Kira replies.
"He was just trying to help her." Lydia says sadly.
"Why would she go after him like that?" Kira asks.
"I guess she wasn't in control of herself," Lydia replies.
"But it wasn't even a full moon."
"Maybe a werewolf with night terrors is worse than a..." I say before pausing and picking up the dream catcher. "You know there are cases of people who accidentally murdered their entire family while in a night terror. They had no idea what they were doing. It's called homicidal somnambulism."
"So if Tracy's killing people she really doesn't want to kill, she might not actually be awake," Kira suggests.
Lydia's eyes widen slightly as she comes to the same realization as us,"She's still in a night terror."
"Ok, wait a second. Her Dad was just trying to help her, right?" Kira asks.
"So was her psychiatrist," Lydia adds.
"And maybe that's why she was at the school. She was looking for someone else who was just trying to help?" I suggest.
"Yeah, and... Oh, maybe it was you two?" Kira suggests causing Lydia to turn around in a dramatic manor. So she quickly adds,"Or not. Since that would mean she want to kill you two."
"No, you're right. We were trying to help her, but so was someone else. My Mother. What if Tracy went to the school looking for her?" Lydia suggests.
"Where is she right now?" I ask, my eyes widening in worry.
"On a date," She replies.
"So is my Dad... oh, well that's awkward. Anyway, he said that they were meeting at the station, that's where we should go." I add.
We quickly get into Lydia's car, and she drives to the station as fast as she could.
We run inside and see some of the deputies, paralyzed in their desks, "Kanima venom."  I tell them.
"Mom, she's coming. Tracy's coming for you," Lydia tells her Mom urgently.
"What? What do you mean, for me?" She asks, confused.
A creaking sound draws my attention to the ceiling, and I look up to see Tracy with a tail, growling at us, her eyes fully orang with a small slit of black. Her fangs protrude from her move as she stares at us.
My Dad goes after her, trying to shoot her down, but she is quick to nock him down, and the gun out of his hands.
"Kira look out!" I yell, bringing Tracy's attention towards me. And with a swipe of her tail, she cuts my stomach, sending me falling to the ground. I pull up my shirt to she she left a fairly deep gash, not a fatal one, but it will need stitches. The venom takes over my body, and I lie there completely paralyzed, as Kira fights Tracy.
"Mom run, run!" Lydia yells to her Mother.
Tracy's tail whips around and stabs Lydia, deep, causing her to cry out in pain, as the blood begins to soak her shirt.
Kira continues to fight Tracy, suddenly a fire forms above her in the shoe of a fox, Kira's eyes a blazing orange. She runs and jumps, cutting off Tracy's tail with a single swipe of the sword. Tracy screeches out in pain, she then runs away, in the direction of the basement.
A few seconds later, the fox above her goes away, leaving Kira standing there, panting. She then quickly runs over to Lydia.
"Lydia, Noelle? Are you two ok?" Dad asks, a few feet from me.
"I think I'll be ok, but she got Lydia deep." I reply, looking at Lydia in concern from the corner of my eye.
Minutes later, I hear footsteps, I move my gaze from Lydia and Kira to the source of the sound, it's Malia.
She looks at all of us in concern,"Careful." My Dad whispers.
"Malia?" Lydia says, her voice sounding weak. She has a layer of sweat over her face, as Kira applies pressure to her wound. "Hey, it's not as bad as it looks. Malia. Listen, Tracy, she thinks... she thinks she's asleep. She thinks she's dreaming, it's a night terror."
"I don't know what that is," Malia replies.
"She's not dreaming. She's not asleep. Get her to understand," Lydia says.
"Malia, basement. They're in the basement." My Dad tells her.
"They?"
"Tracy and my Mother," Lydia replies.
She nods and goes to walk off,"Be careful." I tell her, she nods and runs off.
The pain on my stomach isn't nearly as bad as when I got shot, but it still hurts quite a bit and I can feel my shirt soaking up the warm blood. 
*****************************************
Thank you guys for reading, and I hope you enjoyed it. So I really want a trailer for this book, but I have no skills with that whatsoever, so if any of you feel like making me one, please let me know, thanks. As usual don't forget to show your support by hitting the vote button, and commenting what you thought!
-S