Chapter 29

"It happens every night

"It happens every night. I don't know when and I don't know what triggers it, but at some point every night, I leave. When I come back, I find burned clothes and blood. If I didn't know certain things, I'd call it sleepwalking. But I'm not just wandering out the door. I'm heading out with a purpose, I'm searching for something. That's why I need you to follow me. I need to know where I'm going and what I'm doing. If people are getting hurt because of me, if I'm adding to the body count, I have to know. When I wake up at night, when it takes over, I want you to follow me. If you have to... I want you to stop me."
The plan was in motion, the plan to figure out just what Jordan has been doing every night when he leaves. Part of me doesn't want to do this, not wanting to find out the truth, not wanting him to find out. But I have to do this, for him. If this is what he wants, then I'll help him. Argent and I would stay with him, waiting until he leaves, then Stiles, Scott, and Liam, would follow in one car, Argent and I in the middle. So here I am, sitting on the couch with Jordan's head in my lap, as I stroke his hair watching every muscle in his upper torso flex as he move around in his sleeping state, as Argent sits in the corner with a gun, per request of Jordan, in case he would attack either one of us.
Suddenly his eyes snap open, as it seems he's in a daze, not really looking at anything in particular. He sits up slowly, and gets off the couch, heading out the door in nothing but a pair of athletic shorts. Argent pulls out his phone and notifies Scott that he's on the move. Argent and I quietly follow him, making sure not to alert him, as we soon come up to the school.
I follow closely behind Argent as we walk up the steps to the school, moving past a lacrosse sign that's on fire.
We walk up and meet the three boys in one of the outside halls of the school.
"Where's Parrish?" Scott asks.
"We lost him. He's moving too fast." Argent replies.
"Scott." I hear Liam say, and I turn my head to see a body on the ground a few feet ahead of us. "That guy's not moving at all."
We slowly make our way towards the body, the guys keeping me towards the middle of them protectively. After we walk up to the severely mauled body, we see another one a few feet ahead. We continue to follow the trail of bodies coming up to a yellow bus covered in scratch marks and blood, the back door is open and there are at least ten bodies on the ground, and one on the back of the bus. The man on the back of the bus lifts his head and calls out to us for help. I step forward but feel a very warm hand pull me back, I turn and see Jordan standing beside me, eyes glowing orange, with no emotion in them, "It's a trap."
"Please.." the man begs.
I again step forward, but Jordan again pulls me back, as his cracks of his body glows bright orange,"You can't help him, Noelle."
Just then, the man's body is ripped in half, causing me to jump back into Scott's arms. He helps steady me,"Are you okay? You're heart is beating like crazy."
I nod," I'm fine."
I watch as the Beast gets up and hovers over the bodies.
"That's big. No one said it was that big." Stiles states in shock.
"I did," Liam mutters.
The Beast growls loudly, and Jordan growls right back, his body covered in large flames. The Beast runs to the front of the bus, jumping through a window, as Jordan is only a few paces behind as he begins to chase it.
"We have to get out of here, we can't be in the middle of this fight." Argent says, urging them to get out of there.
I shake my head,"I can't leave him, what if he gets hurt."
Scott grabs my arm,"Noelle we have to get out of here, he'll be fine. You know he would want you to go and be safe."
I let out a sigh and nod, following the guys out of there, getting into Stiles' jeep, and heading home, and getting to bed, trying to not let myself worry about Jordan.