Chapter 47

"So where are we going next?" I ask my dad as I shove an unhealthy amount of curly fries into my mouth

"So where are we going next?" I ask my dad as I shove an unhealthy amount of curly fries into my mouth. My mouth waters at the savory taste of the salty fries
He looks over at me, eyebrows raised in amazement, "I never thought I would have to tell you this, but you look like Stiles right now."
My eyes widen in shock as I quickly stuff the dangling ones into my mouth, "Oh no, no, no. We're not speaking of this ever again."
He lets out a laugh before returning his gaze to the road, "So, do you want to tell me why you decided to spend one of your rare free nights here with me? Where's Parrish or your friends."
"Can a girl not spend some time with her dad?" I ask innocently, looking up at him with wide eyes. He shoots me a knowing look and I let out a sigh, "Well Jordan starts his shift soon so he was sleeping and I just don't want to sit around at home and be reminded of how much I miss Ally"
He lets out a sigh, reaching over to put a comforting hand on my shoulder, "It was for the best, so don't ever feel guilty about that. I'll be glad to distract you from that for a while. "
I shoot him a smile, pushing back the guilt that had risen in my chest, "Thanks, Dad. That means a lot to hear from you. This is kind of weird doing this without Stiles, I miss him a lot."
"Me too, kid. Me too," he replies with a sad smile.
"Unit one, do you copy? We need you on 2nd and Crescent for three possible muder suspects."
My dad gives me a squeeze on the shoulder before replying that we were on our way. It took us minutes to get there as we were only a few blocks away from where he was dispatched to. As we pull up to the scene, my dad puts on his lights, allowing enough light to see three people standing in the middle of a road near their vehicle.
Dad turns to me, "Stay in the vehicle, please."
I roll my eyes, pulling off my seatbelt as he puts it in park, "We both know that I'm not going to do that."
I get out of the truck and walk closer to the three, my eyes widening in shock, "Theo?"
He turns to face me, his hood over his head, his longer brown locks falling out. Guilt grows in me as I look into his tired eyes. Although he caused a lot of trouble, no one seemed to look after him when our battle with the Ghost Riders. "Noelle, it's been a while. You're looking as good as always... Sheriff, what seems to be the problem here?"
My father crosses his arms over his chest, blue eyes narrowing, "Isn't that usually my line."
Theo and the two behind him jump slightly as another cop car pulls up, red and blue flashing brightly in the distance, "Just letting you know we don't have a problem."
He lets out a sigh, "Unfortunately, I think you do. Hands above your head. All of you."
Theo's eyes widen as annoyance grows in him, "You're arresting us? For what?"
"Murder."
****
Jordan, my dad, and I watch as Theo single handedly gets the two other werewolves to confess to being the ones who killed a hunter.
I raise my eyebrows, impressed as he then turns to the camera on the wall, "Are we done?"
My dad nods at Jordan, who then walks into the cell room to let Theo out. As I watch the two walk back to the main area, I see Scott, Malia, Lydia, and Liam walk into my dad's office. I'm quick to walk in after them. As soon as we got back to the station, I texted them about the two werewolves, knowing that it was our job to help them out, as their pack had been killed.
My dad looks at the case file of the two werewolves, letting out a sigh, "I'm not letting them out. We've got two bodies covered in slash marks. They confessed to killing two people."
"Hunters," Scott argues, his brown eyes full of determination.
He shakes his head, "People, Scott. Self defense or not, they're still here and the other guys are dead and there's a process I have to follow."
I let out a sigh, crossing my arms over my chest, "Yeah but you know what's happening around here. It's not safe for them. We don't know who the hunters all have on their side. They're safer with us."
"This may actually be the safest place for them in Beacon Hills. At least I can protect them here," he replies.
Lydia narrows her green eyes at him, "Would Stiles think that?"
"Especially if one of your deputies is working for Gerard?" Malia adds.
Dad shakes his head, "I'm not buying that. I know these deputies like the back of my hand. I know their families, their kids, their brothers and sisters. I know who they are and I trust them."
I look back and watch the deputies in the office hard at work. It scares me to know that one of these people could hide what they are doing so well. That they have it in them to cause harm to us or any other supernatural creatures that mean no harm. They are supposed to protect and serve without bias on what people they choose to do that for. They're supposed to be cops like my dad, and Jordan, and most of the deputies in here working hard. They're not supposed to abuse the badge that they serve under.
Liam clears his throat, pulling me from my thoughts, "You know who they were. There's something out there. Everyone's afraid and it's getting worse."
Scott nods in agreement, "Yeah, you can't protect two werewolves from hunters if they're already on the inside
My dad is silent for a moment. I know he doesn't want to believe that one of his deputies could shoot an innocent person. He turns to Quinn, who is sitting in a chair behind us, "It's Quinn, right?" She looks up at him apprehensively, nodding her head. He continues, "You're sure it was a deputy who shot you? Absolutely 100% sure?"
She pauses for a moment, before nodding her head, gaining confidence, "I saw flashing lights. A police car. I-I saw a badge, a gun, and then they shot me. They shot me in the head and that's all that I remember."
My dad lets out a sigh turning to me, "There are a couple holes in her story."
"Maybe because there's a hole in her head?" I suggest shooting him a glare. Malia lets out a laugh, causing me to shoot her a smile.
Scott gives her a look, before turning to my father, "Sheriff, we need to get Jiang and Tierney out of here before anyone realizes that they're here."
"And take them where? I can't let them go."
Lydia shakes her head, "But if you keep them here, they're-"
He lets out a sigh, "Look, if there's a problem-"
Everyone stops in their tracks as bright lights suddenly light up the station. My eyes widen in shock, they're here, the hunters are here, and we all know exactly what they're here for.
My father storms out of the room, the rest of us quick to follow, and I move to stand by Jordan, who shoots me a worried look, his hand by his gun, ready for anything.
"Get away from the windows. Put those guns away."
Jordan turns to my Dad, "I'm guessing you know who's out there."
He lets out a sigh turning to us, "I got a pretty good idea."
"They'll be armed to the teeth, " I tell him, eyes wide in panic.
He pulls his gun out and sets it on the desk, "I know. That is why I won't be.
With that he moves to go to the door when Jordan calls out, "I'm going with you."
"No, you're gonna get some deputies, check the exits, and hope we're not completely surrounded" my dad tells him. He then leans in closer, whispering, "And keep an eye out. Let's make sure we're all on the same side."
With that, I watch as my dad walks out of the station towards Monroe and her mob of hunters. Jordan and I move to a window to watch what is about to unfold. He reaches over and grabs my hand, giving it a squeeze, "Hey, he's gonna be fine."
I squeeze his hand back, shooting him a look of appreciation, before turning to look back out the window. He takes small steps towards the horde of hunters. One by one, hateful gazes lock on my father. He puts his hands up and continues to walk closer.
The seconds tick by slowly and a pin drop could be heard in the nearly silent station. I hear the movement of a gun from a holster and look over to younger deputy beside Jordan and I.
"Keep it holstered, Dewit!" Jordan snaps, eyes widen. The deputy pauses for a moment, surely a battle between loyalty and fear in his mind. He chooses correctly and returns the gun to his holster.
I feel a hand grab my arm and I turn to Scott, who motions for me to go back into my father's office with them. I shoot Jordan a nod before letting go of his hand and following Scott into the office just a few feet away.
I halt in the doorway and pull on Scott's arm, he turns to me, his eyes filled with concern, "This isn't gonna go well, we have a room full of officers and vengeful people, and hunters out there. What are we going to do."
Scott lets out a sigh, running a hand through his dark hair, "I don't know Elle, but our main priority is keeping everyone calm and getting the innocent werewolves out of here safely."
"I'm not quite sure that we can do that, but we sure can try."
Inside I bump into Malia, sweat coats her forehead and can clearly hear her labored breathing. I may not be a werewolf, but I could tell she was scared.
"We have to get out of here, " she pants, eyes wide as they can be.
Scott shakes his head, glancing quickly out the window, "Give him a chance. He knows what he's doing."
Malia shakes her head furiously, "He can talk all he wants, but we have to get the hell out of here."
"How do we get Jiang and Tierney out?" Liam asks, moving away from the window."
"Who cares, that's Stilinski's job!"
I let out a sigh, "But it's out job to keep them alive."
The sound of the door opening draws my attention to Theo, who's standing in the doorway. "Not mine."
Liam lunges towards the Chimera, "Do you want me to kill him?"
"Just leave him, can we please just go?"
Quinn turns around, rolling her eyes, "We're not going anywhere! Don't you get it? They have all of the windows and doors covered. We're going to die in here."
"Quinn, we aren't going to die, everything's going to be fine," I tell her. I turn to Malia putting my hand on her arm and giving it a squeeze, "Hey are you okay?"
She shoves my hand away, "No! Let go of me! We have to get out of here!"
Hurt flashes for a moment in my chest. I have to remind myself to not take it personally and that her first instinct is to always run.
Scotts eyes widen as he moves over to us, "Malia! Hey take a breath. You're shaking."
I raise my eyebrows in amusement as I could see more than friendly love swimming around in his dark irises.
"I'm fine," she states, visually calming down.
Lydia turns to us, "Guys, there's only a dozen hunters out there. We can take them."
Liam walks closer to us, "Scott, they're the last of Satomi's pack. We can't leave them behind."
"Okay, we go. But Jiang and Tierney are coming with us."
I shoot Scott a warning look, to which he only shakes his head in response. I let out a sigh, knowing this wasn't going to end well, but followed them nonetheless. Liam is quick to round up the two wolves, we then all line up at the back entrance in hopes for less hunters there.
Scott looks down at me, "You ready."
I let out a sigh, cracking my knuckles, "As I'll ever be, I guess."
"Nobody's going anywhere!" I hear my dad's voice call out, causing us all to turn around to see him and Jordan standing there.
Lydia lets out a sigh, "I can get through them."
He shakes his head, "We're not gonna fire the first shot. Now, get back from the door. All of you. And Parrish, get these two back to their cell."
The strong tone of authority in his voice was enough for us to back down as Jordan walks over to grab Jiang and Tierney.
Scott and I walk over to my father, "What happened."
"She gave us until midnight."