Chapter 25

"Seriously Stiles, we should just take my jeep

"Seriously Stiles, we should just take my jeep. You can even drive it if you want, anything to keep me away from that death trap."  I beg Stiles as I watch him work on his jeep, taking out random pieces of his jeep.
He glares at me,"Do not insult Roscoe like that, we are taking her. Besides, mine has better gas mileage.
I roll my eyes,"Maybe, like five years ago, definitely not now."
"We're taking it."
Just then, Scott walks out of the house, where he was talking to Liam, which from I could see from the tense shoulders of Scott, and the desperate looks from Liam, it did not go well. 
"So what did he want?" Stiles asks looking up from his jeep.
Scott lets out a small sigh,"To help."
"You gonna let him?" Stiles asks as he continues his work.
"Eventually, I guess."
I frown in confusion,"But he really should be higher up on your priority list. I mean, since he is the only other actual werewolf, and your only actual Beta."
Scott shakes his head, as if shaking off my comment,"You didn't see the way that he came at me. You didn't the look in his eyes."
"Well, I've been with you on the full moon, the both of us have, so we've seen that look. If you want to get the band back together, Scott, you don't leave out the drummer." Stiles wisely suggests, before going into the jeep, finally getting it to start. "Success!" Stiles cheers throwing up his hands, before the three of us get in the jeep, me getting stuck in the back as usual.
When I sit down, I bump into a large box of of yellow containers that have antifreeze. I look up and narrow my eyes at Stiles through the mirror for not just taking my jeep.
"It's a minor leak, very minor."
I open my eyes and find that it has grown light out in the time that I had fallen asleep.  I sit up and feel my clothes stick to my body with the heat of the jeep. "Stiles, I think the jeep is overheating again.
Stiles lets out a sigh,"Probably."
"Should we pull over and put more antifreeze in it?" Scott asks as sweat beads on his forehead.
Stiles shakes his head,"No, we can just turn on the heat."
I let out a groan of annoyance as I roll down my window,"We definitely should have taken my jeep."
"So did you find anything?" Stiles asks motioning to the old looking book in Scott's hands.
Scott nods his head,"They're mostly the same stuff you already knew. Damnatio memoriae was a Roman practice, a government decree to destroy the images of the damned. And they would scratch off their names from inscriptions, chisel their face off statues. The Romans believed it was a punishment worse than death."
"Being forgotten." Stiles states, his eyes fixated on the roads.
Scott's eyes widen,"Listen to this. Damnatio Memoriae was later used on a serial killer in 1598, known as the Demon Tailor. He lured children into his shop in Paris where he would kill them and boil the flesh off their bones to eat. Courts believed the crimes so horrible , they ordered all the documents destroyed. To this day, no one knows his real name."
My eyebrows raise in surprise,"So, the Dread Doctors resurrected a killer, who was so bad that he literally had to be erased from history."
Scott nods,"A killer that became a werewolf."
"Which probably made him a better killer. That's great," Stiles states sarcastically.
After a while, we switch, I drive, Scott sits in the back, and Stiles in the passenger seat.
"Are you still not talking to Malia?" Scott asks Stiles from the back.
"Uh, she's not talking to me. Or anyone, I guess."
"I think I know why... I think she found her mother." I tell them.
Stiles looks over at me,"Her mother, as in the Desert Wolf?"
"Yeah."
Stiles lets out a sigh," I knew she was still looking. She erased her name off my board, but I just knew she hadn't stopped."
"When we were at her house, I'm pretty sure Braeden was there too." Scott explains.
"Braeden? Where the hell is Derek then?" Stiles asks.
"I don't know, it was her motorcycle. I smelled her exhaust." Scott explains.
"What the hell do you think they're gonna do?" Stiles asks us.
I shrug my shoulders,"Something that Malia doesn't want to tell us about, so probably something bad.
"Oh my God. You two already know, don't you? Scott you have to have gotten chemosignals, right?" Stiles says, shifting his eyes between the both of us.
"Agression."
"How much?" Stiles asks.
Scott lets out a sigh,"I think she's gonna kill her. She's going to kill her mother."
My eyes widen as the jeep begins to sputter,"What's happening."
Stiles eyes widen as he looks over to the gas gage,"We're out of gas."
"What? It says we have half a tank." I exclaim.
Stiles shakes his head,"Not necessarily."
Scott looks over at him,"You didn't fix the gas gauge, did you?
"Not necessarily." Stiles repeats, as the jeep sputters to the spot in the side of the road.
We finally manage to find a gas station out in the middle of nowhere, after searching for at least an hour. Scott and I try and figure out how to work the ancient gas pump while Stiles sees if anyone is inside.
Stiles lets out a loud sigh,"Locked."
Scott looks down at the chain wrapped around the pump, and pulls it off, as Stiles shoves some money in the door, and walks over as Scott begins to fill the red gas can we took with us.
After a few moments, Stiles lets out a sigh, and says something that causes the smile to leave Scott's face,"There was a pin. There was one little metal pin attached to the scaffolding. He was trying to pull Noelle down, he even bit her leg, and her screaming my name in fear was enough to set me into action."
Scott's eyes widen,"He was trying to kill you two."
"Yeah, so then I pulled the pin. And all these metal braces came down, and one of them, just went right through him."
"Why didn't you think you could tell me?" Scott asks softly.
Stiles shrugs,"It was just the way you were looking at me that night. You know, you're standing there with a wrench in your hand, and you're looking at me like I just bashed you in the head with it. You know, like I'd broken your sacred rule, and that's it, there's no going back."
I clear my throat,"And I kind of did tell you that."
Scott ignores my comment, letting out a sigh,"I know the difference."
Stiles frowns in confusion,"What?'"
"I know what self- defense is." Scott explains, before closing the gas can, and walking back to the jeep, us walking beside him.
By the time we made it back, it had begun to get dark, this time Scott was driving, Stiles in the back, and me in the front, exhausted from the day, I quickly began to fall asleep. I didn't get to sleep long, I was soon shaken awake by Scott, causing me to jolt awake, and look at the large rock formation with an unusual amount of lightning bolts shooting around it, and clouds moving impossibly fast in the distance.
"What the hell do you think is happening to her out there?" Stiles asks. Scott shakes his head not answering as he looks at the scene in front of us. He shifts the jeep and steps harder onto the gas.
We soon get out of the car, to get a better look at where we were going and what we were going to do. But we ended up standing there, watching the lighting and the clouds move over this large rock, our head wrapped up in thoughts over the last conversation we had.
"I don't know why I believed him, over the both of you. I don't know why we didn't just keep talking that night. Five more minutes, Stiles, and I would have heard it straight from you that there were two different stories. We would have filled in all of the blanks.We should've just kept talking."
Stiles lets out a sigh, looking over at Scott with sadness in his eyes, "He knew we wouldn't."
"I didn't want it to happen like this." Scott says, looking up at the sky.
"Like what?"
Scott lets out a sigh,"I knew, sooner or later, one of us was going to get a little too much blood on our hands. I half thought that it was going to be Malia."
A ghost of a smile appears on my face,"Well, she definitely seems like she's working on it."
Scott nods, the sad look still clear on his face,"I just always thought that if it were to happen, then it should be me. I'm the one who's constantly putting you guys in danger, risking your lives for people you don't even know. It should've been me."
Stiles puts a hand on Scott's shoulder supportively,"Come on, we only have a few hours to sunrise"
Scott's eyes widen when he looks back over at the valley,"Hey guys, it's Kira."
We look over and see the flashes of swords hitting each other. We then hurry back into the jeep, and head on our way to where we see the flashes. The sun has risen by the time we are just pulling up to see Kira and her mother with their swords up, ready to fight standing across from the skinwalkers, we had read about in the book Kira's father had given us. Stiles pulls closer, and Scott opens the door, jumping out, fangs bared, and eyes, red as he growls at the skinwalkers.
"Get it!" Stiles yells.
Kira and Scott run towards us, Scott and Kira climbing in the back, sitting beside me. One of the skinwalkers throws a blade towards us, but Kira's mom is quick to slice it in half the long way, before climbing inside sitting down in the passenger's seat. Stiles steps on the gas, and drives us away, the Skinwalkers watching.
"Everyone okay?" I ask.
I look up to see Kira's mom nod, then look over and see Scott and Kira making out beside me. I elbow Scott in the back,"You guys better not do this the whole way back. I am not sitting back here and dealing with this." But they continue to do what they do as I glare at them,"I swear to God if I hear either of you moan, you're out, you can walk home."
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hey guys!! Sorry about the short chapter, there was just so many things going on for so many different characters. But I can promise you the next chapter will be longer. Please show your support by commenting and voting, until next time!!
-S